Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Much do you Trust Nugent?
I am sitting at about 70% right now. I can't trust the guy. The offense needs to keep scoring when they get down there (they have been superb this season) because I simply don't trust Nugent to make 5/5 kicks. We always talk about trading players... what can we trade for a kicker like Cairo Santos. That kid was gold.

After this season we need to reevaluate the kicking situation because eventually it is going to bite us in the a** (knock on wood). Even if he was the ONLY person to show up in last years playoff game, I just simply can't trust Nugent.

How do you feel about him?
Reply/Quote
watching that game all i was thinking about was DAMN it must be nice to have a kicker like that... We have won a game with all field goals before i dont think i trust nugent very much now.. How many misses does he have on the season it seems almost 1 per game.
Reply/Quote
About as much as I thought getting rid of Josh Brown was a bad idea.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: watching that game all i was thinking about was DAMN it must be nice to have a kicker like that... We have won a game with all field goals before i dont think i trust nugent very much now..    How many misses does he have on the season it seems almost 1 per game.

He has missed an xp and a field goal yesterday... not sure if he missed any others this season. It seems like he makes about 4 out of every 5.. no matter the distance.
Reply/Quote
Anytime it's more than like 42 yards or so I get very worried, I'm with ya. It seems like he just keeps getting slowly worse on the medium and long range stuff.

I hope it will change but right now I can't imagine him coming in to kick a 50 yarder for the win in a crucial game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:35 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I am sitting at about 70% right now. I can't trust the guy. The offense needs to keep scoring when they get down there (they have been superb this season) because I simply don't trust Nugent to make 5/5 kicks. We always talk about trading players... what can we trade for a kicker like Cairo Santos. That kid was gold.

After this season we need to reevaluate the kicking situation because eventually it is going to bite us in the a** (knock on wood). Even if he was the ONLY person to show up in last years playoff game, I just simply can't trust Nugent.

KC isn't going to trade Santos.

Nugent made 5 of 5 in a game last year.

He's not the greatest, but he's serviceable. There's no Josh Brown on the market at the moment.

Reply/Quote
Less than I once did, that much is for sure.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think he's pretty solid. But "trust" is a difficult thing when you're talking about a kicker.

I will say this, earlier in the year I remember him talking about how upset he was that they moved the extra point back. This indicated to me that he didn't trust himself so naturally I made a mental note of that to myself at the time.
Reply/Quote
Not much at all. Thought they should have kept the other guy. Still like him more than Graham though. He ain't shook when its a clutch kick but he's inconsistent generally speaking.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
70% is pretty damn high if you ask me.

I'd give him a 49% confidence rating.

He almost missed an extra point yesterday.

There are so many Soccer players out there. Why we can't find a competent kicker is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:35 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I am sitting at about 70% right now. I can't trust the guy. The offense needs to keep scoring when they get down there (they have been superb this season) because I simply don't trust Nugent to make 5/5 kicks. We always talk about trading players... what can we trade for a kicker like Cairo Santos. That kid was gold.

I like Nugent and Huber and we are solid on special teams. 2010: 15 out of 19...2011 : 33 out of 38......2012 : 19 out of 23.......2013 : 18 out of 22......2014 : 26 out of 33......2015 : 3 out of 5 so far.......NUgent has been solid for the Bengals and one of the best kickers in Bengals history.  Huber has been solid and together we are solid on special teams.

Now, you can rave about the fantasy football numbers Santos put up yesterday, but the Chiefs were kicking field goals while the Bengals were scoring touchdowns and why the Bengals won the game.  I also question why the Chiefs were kicking field goals late in the game when the score dictated that they needed touchdowns. That he even attempted 7 field goals shows something wrong with the Chiefs not able to score in the red zone. It also shows a strange way of coaching, going for field goals in the 4th quarter when you need touchdowns just to get back in the game. ..I am NOT as impressed by Santos......I am NOT as impressed by Santos, or the Chiefs. .....and may I point out that not one of the field goals was to put the Chiefs ahead or with the game on the line at the end. Not one was in the clutch to go ahead or win the game. Yes, he attempted 7 field goals and why the Chiefs were still kicking field goals in the 4th quarter was stupid. Good for fantasy football but stupid for real football. His last 3 field goals were stupid because the Chiefs needed touchdowns. 

....but back to Nugent, I trust in Nugent and Huber to help get us to the Super Bowl and WIN !!!!!........Nugent is also pretty good at kicking the ball out of the end zone, which will be key against Seattle and their great special teams kick returners.  Nugent and Huber need to keep the ball away from Seattle Super Bowl return men, can't let those guys run wild on us. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 02:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 70% is pretty damn high if you ask me.

I'd give him a 49% confidence rating.

He almost missed an extra point yesterday.

There are so many Soccer players out there. Why we can't find a competent kicker is beyond me.

No 70% is actually a little low... I would trust him about 80% of the time.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8461/mike-nugent
Reply/Quote
Nugent has been pretty clutch for 15 years, college and pro. Hits on 80% of his attempts and kicks with less than 8% of his kicks indoors. Nugent is 16/18 indoors. No doubt Josh Brown is a good kicker, but 1/3 of his lifetime attempts were indoors. Massive advantage, no wind, 72 degrees and flat fields.
Reply/Quote
I don't really trust him at all. When you have to hold your breath when the kicker is doing his job, there is an issue.

He's not completely horrible, but he's not as reliable as I'd like.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Let's just say this, if we got in any close games where we had to have a Game winning 40 yard field goal kicked, I'd rather have Chad Johnson in there.
Reply/Quote
Every time Nugent misses I keep thinking how letting Brown go was a huge mistake.
Reply/Quote
Kickers in the NFL make me laugh. There are rugby players out there who have to train far more than just kicking, who are automatic from weird angles and long distances. Kickers have one job and a lot are so inconsistent.

Reply/Quote
Kicking in the NFL this year has been abnormally bad. Not sure why, but I think he is probably an average NFL kicker.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 03:34 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Kickers in the NFL make me laugh. There are rugby players out there who have to train far more than just kicking, who are automatic from weird angles and long distances. Kickers have one job and a lot are so inconsistent.

this aint rugby
Reply/Quote
We need an upgrade. I think its time to find an up and comer.
Reply/Quote