Poll: How Will This Team Shoot Themselves In The Foot This Year?
Ignorant Penalties including 'After Whistle Penalties'
Offensive Failure
Defensive Failure
Coaching Errors
Lack of Discipline
Lack of Mental Toughness
Inability To Finish
Two or More Above (Explain)
Other (Explain)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How Will This Team Shoot Themselves In The Foot This Year?
(07-04-2017, 09:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This year's lame shirt phrase should be "Step on the throat".

BTW, if you make, and sell said shirt....in black, with orange letters, except the word "throat" would be in piss yellow (get it?), I would buy one.  Probably three...one for me, my son, and my dad.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 09:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: BTW, if you make, and sell said shirt....in black, with orange letters, except the word "throat" would be in piss yellow (get it?), I would buy one.  Probably three...one for me, my son, and my dad.  

Hmm, I do have a friend back in Ohio that does make T-shirts..  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 09:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I do have a friend back in Ohio that does make T-shirts..  ThumbsUp

No I am picturing the back of the shirt having piggy's head gasping for air with a large, orange shoe on his throat.  Ahhh, makes me smile.  
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2017, 11:28 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1. Ignorant Penalties including 'After Whistle Penalties'

2. Offensive Failure

3. Defensive Failure

4. Coaching Errors

5. Lack of Discipline

6. Lack of Mental Toughness

7. Inability to Finish

8. Two or More of the Above (Explain)

9. Other (Explain)

Before clicking the poll or reading the replies I'll bet my amazing skills can accurately predict which one is winning. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
fan negativity gets my vote
Reply/Quote
If they do, it will be because Marvin played vets like Hill over better players like Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Ok after reading the thread and clicking the results here is my $0.02:

My skills are amazing as I correctly predicted which one would be ahead; although all those listed fall under the "coaching" umbrella.

Of course like each year I think this will be the one we get over the hurdle and I consider the latest playoff loss as the only time we shot ourselves in the foot.

The Indy playoff loss was due to injuries. We got Rex Burkhead and Ryan Hewitt leading the receivers

The Charger loss was on 2 crucial Turnovers. (Gio and Andy fumbles)

The Texans games was just simply being too young in critical positions and one poorly thrown bomb

I know Marvin is an easy scapegoat but the problem is this team does not get treated as a first class organization by the owner. It's ran as a mom and pop organization.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 10:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Ok after reading the thread and clicking the results here is my $0.02:

My skills are amazing as I correctly predicted which one would be ahead; although all those listed fall under the "coaching" umbrella.

Of course like each year I think this will be the one we get over the hurdle and I consider the latest playoff loss as the only time we shot ourselves in the foot.

The Indy playoff loss was due to injuries. We got Rex Burkhead and Ryan Hewitt leading the receivers

The Texans games was just simply being too young in critical positions and one poorly thrown bomb

I know Marvin is an easy scapegoat but the problem is this team does not get treated as a first class organization by the owner. It's ran as a mom and pop organization.

I had forgotten about all the injuries in the Indy loss.  And the 2005 loss was because the Steelers took out Carson, but Marvin's coaching is usually bad in the big games.  
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 10:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Ok after reading the thread and clicking the results here is my $0.02:

So what you're saying is PBS isn't really a stadium, it's just a big hologram run by a young Mikey in his underwear in his grandmas basement? Grandma's constantly screaming for him to get her a cup of tea.. 
"GRANDMA! I'm busy playing NFL general manager!"
And all this time I was under the illusion it was an actual football team.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 10:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: So what you're saying is PBS isn't really a stadium, it's just a big hologram run by a young Mikey in his underwear in his grandmas basement? Grandma's constantly screaming for him to get her a cup of tea.. 
"GRANDMA! I'm busy playing NFL general manager!"
And all this time I was under the illusion it was an actual football team.   

Nowhere did I say it was not an actual football team. So no, that is not what I'm saying. 

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 10:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nowhere did I say it was not an actual football team. So no, that is not what I'm saying. 
Yeah, I know..but I am bored this time of the season so I have to come up with more irrelevant stuff to post that's not technically accurate..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I don't agree with all the excuses (other teams are young, other teams make up for a fumble or missed pass, other teams have injuries), but I do agree that the #1 overall problem is ownership. Problem is, that situation is hopeless because there is zero chance that the Brown family will ever relinquish control. There is however, a tiny sliver of hope that maybe someday a different coach will roam the sidelines and bring a different direction to this team. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 11:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't agree with all the excuses (other teams are young, other teams make up for a fumble or missed pass, other teams have injuries), but I do agree that the #1 overall problem is ownership. Problem is, that situation is hopeless because there is zero chance that the Brown family will ever relinquish control. There is however, a tiny sliver of hope that maybe someday a different coach will roam the sidelines and bring a different direction to this team. 

I gotta agree with this one....and in one of those "young losses", we got outwitted by TJ Yates. T. J. Friggin. Yates. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2017, 12:17 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think the team will shoot itself in the foot this year.

First time since MB took over in 1991??
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2017, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll take coaching errors for a thousand Alex.....

Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 11:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: .... There is however, a tiny sliver of hope that maybe someday a different coach will roam the sidelines and bring a different direction to this team. 

Even if MB fires Lewis, do you truly trust who he picks next?  I mean, come on, look at his track record.  HCs and players have come and gone since 1991.  MB is the only constant!!
Reply/Quote
The team is expected to be .500 at best so anything at or above will be a great season....................if you believe the talking head experts have all of the answers
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2017, 11:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The team is expected to be .500 at best so anything at or above will be a great season....................if you believe the talking head experts have all of the answers

My expectations lie strictly on MB's track record for the last 26 years.  It is what it is!
Reply/Quote

So in the Chargers loss, AJ gets a pass on a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone only to watch it go through his hands? A defense that couldn't stop the leagues worst rushing attack??
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2017, 08:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think it will cost them the Championship run I envision, but my vote was "other" and my reason is "Lack of Aggression".  

If they don't attack, or put people away when they have them down, they will never develop the "kill" mentality to finish off a struggling opponent that will be necessary to advance in the playoffs.

Attack. Finish.  Keep the throttle down.  Whatever lame shirt you need to make this year, Marv, it has to be a mindset of finishing off an opponent.

Yup !

I think this team has already shot itself in the foot with the O-line. I believe pretty much all the other pieces are there. Which I really believe is Mike Browns meddling. Mike says we're paying these high pick O-linemen, they're playing.

But yes I have zero faith in Marvin's ability to coach in the clutch in today's NFL. He's stuck in 1980 !
Reply/Quote