Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this WR corps?
AJ Green
Brandon Lafell
Mario Alford
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core

I'm in. I want to see the young guys get a chance to shine this season.
Reply/Quote
James Wright was good when he was on the field.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I like that we're going to have some competition at WR. Boyd and Core might help us not miss MLJ & Mo as much as we would have otherwise. They both have good hands, size, and speed. They're both good for YAC, as were Mo and Marvin.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:15 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: AJ Green
Brandon Lafell
Mario Alford
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core

I think we can plan on Green, Boyd and LaFell.......and Spring and Summer camps will determine the rest.  Competition is a good thing....Lafell and Boyd replace Jones and Sanu and this team moves on in it's Super Bowl goals. ....Alford, Bennett, Core, Kumerow, Tate and Wright are in a battle to make the team.  This is where being able to play special teams comes in, and where Tate has kept his spot on teams. ....again, competition is a good thing in camp. You would rather be deep at positions than weak going into camp...look for them to sign undrafted WRs also.....and look for them to have at least one WR on the back-up practice squad going into the season. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:24 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: James Wright was good when he was on the field.

Lot of people like Wright, but I have never seen anything in him.
Reply/Quote
How often do the Bengals put rookies or people with limited experience on the field (other than dalton and green)? They take too long to get them up to speed. The best practice is on the field.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How often do the Bengals put rookies or people with limited experience on the field (other than dalton and green)? They take too long to get them up to speed. 

Rivers
Mauluga
Gresham
Dunlap
Shipley
Green
Dalton
Zeitler
Eifert
Bernard
Hill
Bodine

Bengals get as much production from rookies as any other team
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How often do the Bengals put rookies or people with limited experience on the field (other than dalton and green)? They take too long to get them up to speed. The best practice is on the field.

Boyd wad drafted to play in round 2, and contribute in 2016 from what Bengals have said. .....With Green, he doesn't have to be the # 1 guy as Green was forced to be his rookie year.  He will see plenty of action. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure this is the year we go with 6 or even 7 at WR. Unless a couple of them really stand out in camp and preseason you're going to want to carry as many as possible in case a few of them don't pan out.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:15 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: AJ Green
Brandon Lafell
Mario Alford
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core

Add Wright and it is a very good WR corp now. They did what they needed to do in the draft. Props to Urban.

I think Boyd is opening day starter in the Slot depending on how they use Eifert cause he is great out Wide or in the Slot.

They fixed the weakness depending, but i do have faith in Urban to do so. Nice.

Core could be developed into a great outside speedster.

Plus Kumerow is a dark horse with his size and speed. Alford needs to show up in the return game.

Need to force a lot of Punts in the Preseason for this to happen.
Reply/Quote
Can Alford return Kicks? or Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 03:23 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Can Alford return Kicks? or Boyd.

Both did in college
Reply/Quote
Unless someone dethrones Tate, he will be one of the starting receivers.

Time for Alford to step up!

Reply/Quote
Should be an interesting WR corps this year. Can't wait to see how Boyd does this upcoming year.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I don't see Core as any sure thing.

Green, LaFell and Boyd are locks, but I see the rest of the spots up for grabs.
Reply/Quote
Just look at the size of our receiving corps

Alford, Mario WR 5-9 175
Boyd, Tyler WR 6-1 197
Tate, Brandon WR 6-1 195
Wright, James WR 6-1 201
Bennett, Michael WR 6-2 200
Core, Cody WR 6-3 205
LaFell, Brandon WR 6-3 210
Green, A.J. WR 6-4 207
Kumerow, Jake WR 6-5 206

Hewitt, Ryan H-B 6-4 254

Eifert, Tyler TE 6-6 250
Kroft, Tyler TE 6-6 246
Uzomah, C.J. TE 6-6 271
Lengel, Matt TE 6-7 266
Peters, John TE 6-8 261
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rivers
Mauluga
Gresham
Dunlap
Shipley
Green
Dalton
Zeitler
Eifert
Bernard
Hill
Bodine

Bengals get as much production from rookies as any other team

lol..........

He said other than Green and Dalton and you still put them in your list to make it look longer.........  typical Fred tactic  Hilarious

I'm praying that Tate doesn't make it because, like I said in another thread, I don't think Pacman plays as much D this year, so he can dedicate his game to returns.  

I do like our receiver depth, but what you failed to put in is our pass-catching tight ends who will be just as good as receivers, and even better in some instances by working the seams and keeping defenses in the middle of the field and out of passing lanes (which we don't do nearly as much as I'd like):  Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah.

Adding those guys in is making me love our receiving depth  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 03:59 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I don't see Core as any sure thing.

Green, LaFell and Boyd are locks, but I see the rest of the spots up for grabs.

I think Core will surprise people this year. I think he makes the team, gut feeling. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Prediciton right now:

Green
Lafell
Boyd
Tate
Alford
Kumerow
Core

No idea if Wright will be ready, but if he is, he can make a good case.
Reply/Quote
I think

Green
LaFell
Boyd
Alford
Core
Kumerow

Touchback is moved to the 25 this year. How many punt returns do we have a game?

Lafell is a one year rental. Time to see what life after Tate can do.

Comes down to Tate and Kumerow. Kumerow is Bosa's cousins. So the homer in me gives him the spot.

I have my doubts about James Wright after micro fracture surgery. Him being serious competition for the 6th spot would be a pleasant surprise.
Reply/Quote