Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How badly did the Bengals beat the Bills???
(01-23-2023, 02:23 PM)Mafioso Wrote: That’s not what happened.

Cinci- Great game.  Great game plan.  Great execution.  The better team won.

Buffalo- Poor game.  Terrible game plan.  Terrible execution.  The lesser team was embarrassed.

It’s been a consistent theme in our season ending losses under the McD regime.  Invest all of our resources into our defense and neglect the offense then wonder why we can’t block or get anyone open.  Then coach scared on defense and give the opposition 10 yards for free on every play.

That said-  some of the remarks in this thread about Diggs are tasteless and ignorant.  Diggs needs help.  He can’t do it alone.  He is currently asked to do just that….while being the focus of the opposing D every week.  3rd down- Cinci rushes 3- Trey whoops Dawkins and ends the drive.  3rd and 3, Allen throws deep to Davis- the ball hits him in the chest and he drops it……just like he’s done on 50% of his targets this season.  He’s a WR4.  We signed Beasley and John Brown in December and Beasley was our 2nd best WR.  That’s how bad our WRs are. We neglect the O hoping Josh and Diggs can win a SB by themselves.  They need help.  Diggs is pissed.  He should be.  The coaches were embarrassed…..for the third straight season ending loss.  Diggs is part of the answer and is not part of the problem.  Grats on the win, but some of you guys are really sore winners.

You really think you have THAT bad of WR's? My God, I thought I was spoiled. They just couldn't win against our Secondary. 

Gabe had 1 drop and Josh was pressured the entire game and kept contained. It was just a great job by Lou and the Defense.
Reply/Quote
Stephon Diggs=Antonio Brown

Look for Diggs to be wherever TB12 is next year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Previous "bad takes" aside, i don't see how you can argue that Diggs had issues from the first drive.

He threw his arms up on the first incomplete on 3rd down. He motioned at Allen when he threw low on another throw and then he motioned in the EZ and had words with Allen on the sidelines on the late pass that was broken up by Apple. 

The guy was upset from the first few snaps and got worse as the game went on. 

He may not be part of the problem, but his attitude was a bad look on national TV. Then he peaced out before the coaches got back in the LR and had to be brought back for a short time before heading out again.

Good catch....I was thinking it was after the INT, but it was the pass breakup by Eli, and CTB was the one in the EZ with Diggs. He was still in position to make a play on the ball if Allen went to Diggs 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stephon Diggs=Antonio Brown

Come on man....Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Come on man....Rolleyes

LMAO, yeah, that was a bit of hyperbole to say the least.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Whhaaaattt? I hadn't heard that.... that's hilarious.

Right? Paul Dehner did a piece on it over the summer. Here is a little snippit that I loved:

“He basically went around and was like, ‘Hi! I’m Ja’Marr Chase. I have lots of money, and I want to buy the house.’ Eventually, he found somebody that he bought it from, and now they’re neighbors.”

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-how-ja-marr-chase-joe-burrow-became-neighbors#:~:text=Chase%20decided%20to%20go%20to,'m%20Ja'Marr%20Chase.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:55 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Right? Paul Dehner did a piece on it over the summer. Here is a little snippit that I loved:

“He basically went around and was like, ‘Hi! I’m Ja’Marr Chase. I have lots of money, and I want to buy the house.’ Eventually, he found somebody that he bought it from, and now they’re neighbors.”

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-how-ja-marr-chase-joe-burrow-became-neighbors#:~:text=Chase%20decided%20to%20go%20to,'m%20Ja'Marr%20Chase.

LoL, that is killer!

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:55 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Right? Paul Dehner did a piece on it over the summer. Here is a little snippit that I loved:

That is cool. Didn't know this either lol

Ja'Marr is a character. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meanwhile our superstar WR was out there throwing big blocks and doing whatever it took to help his team.

Taylor has built something special here.

Damn. Chase and Carman ate their lunch on that play. Beautiful.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Come on man....Rolleyes

(01-23-2023, 02:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO, yeah, that was a bit of hyperbole to say the least.

AB was a model player for the 1st 8 years of his career. After year 8 he requested a trade because he questioned his elite QB after a playoff loss. Stephon Diggs just finished his 8th season, has already forced one trade and now questioned his elite QB after a playoff loss.

You guys don't see any similarities after 8 years 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AB was a model player for the 1st 8 years of his career. After year 8 he requested a trade because he questioned his elite QB after a playoff loss. Stephon Diggs just finished his 8th season, has already forced one trade and now questioned his elite QB after a playoff loss.

No, Diggs has never been a stealer...
Reply/Quote
What 60 minutes of Eli Apple does to a grown man
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So bad, Stephon Diggs quit the team. He evidently hit the locker room, gathered his stuff and was gone before the coaches even made it to the locker room.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I don't think that, i think he's highly competitive and no one likes to lose.

Diggs and Josh are both in the same position. Be the hero's, and there isn't much help.
Their OL isn't all that great (Really, Bobby Hart is a starter there and one of their best? we released him remember), and outside of those 2, no other playmakers on O. Signing Beasley was a desperation move to get help asap. Hard to sign guys close to the end of the season unless sh*ts hitting the fan. 

Coaching is putting it all on them and their high end drafting has been all Defense that has some good players, but with out Von Miller, their defense just wasn't that big of a threat in the Pass Rush area. Their DL is very young (aside from DaQuan). They should get better, but they need OL and a true number 2 WR help. badly.

They are still an annual threat. When they have their sh*t together, they are dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AB was a model player for the 1st 8 years of his career. After year 8 he requested a trade because he questioned his elite QB after a playoff loss. Stephon Diggs just finished his 8th season, has already forced one trade and now questioned his elite QB after a playoff loss.

Ok.....that angle makes more sense....I wasn't aware Diggs had been around that long. Man, time flies.

I think that's where the similarities start and end though.

Reply/Quote
Regardless of the relationship between Allen and Diggs, the optics were bad….VERY BAD. You don’t show up your team mates in public….EVER! Bills are a good team. Josh Allen will be there playing long after Diggs is gone. Diggs not being targeted enough was not teh reason the Bills lost. They were outplayed, out coached, out prepared and panicked from the get go.

Admittedly, I’m a “homer”. But, I’d never hesitate to take Higgins, Boyd, or Chase over Diggs…all day, every day.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:19 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Regardless of the relationship between Allen and Diggs, the optics were bad….VERY BAD. You don’t show up your team mates in public….EVER! Bills are a good team. Josh Allen will be there playing long after Diggs is gone. Diggs not being targeted enough was not teh reason the Bills lost. They were outplayed, out coached, out prepared and panicked from the get go.

Admittedly, I’m a “homer”. But, I’d never hesitate to take Higgins, Boyd, or Chase over Diggs…all day, every day.

This might rival Kevin’s “Hurst is our Gronk/Kelce/Kittle” thread. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Diggs is a loser. What a cry baby.

Did anyone catch Eli Apple mocking Diggs by rubbing his eyes like a screaming toddler? It was after the overthrown pass down the sidelines and Diggs was begging for a flag. That was good stuff!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't think that, i think he's highly competitive and no one likes to lose.

Diggs and Josh are both in the same position. Be the hero's, and there isn't much help.
Their OL isn't all that great (Really, Bobby Hart is a starter there and one of their best? we released him remember), and outside of those 2, no other playmakers on O. Signing Beasley was a desperation move to get help asap. Hard to sign guys close to the end of the season unless sh*ts hitting the fan. 

Coaching is putting it all on them and their high end drafting has been all Defense that has some good players, but with out Von Miller, their defense just wasn't that big of a threat in the Pass Rush area. Their DL is very young (aside from DaQuan). They should get better, but they need OL and a true number 2 WR help. badly.

They are still an annual threat. When they have their sh*t together, they are dangerous.

The OL is their problem especially going against our DL. They have tons of weapons, not just Diggs. Gabe Davis, Dawson Knox, Shakir,
Cook, Singletary, Mckenzie etc.

I agree though that Diggs isn't the problem, just is sad for him to kind of quit like that. Have to keep fighting like our team does.

There is none of that when we are down big, we honestly think we can come back from any deficit.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:28 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Did anyone catch Eli Apple mocking Diggs by rubbing his eyes like a screaming toddler? It was after the overthrown pass down the sidelines and Diggs was begging for a flag. That was good stuff!

Eli DOES go a little over the top at times lol

It's alright if he backs it up like he did yesterday. We need to slow Kelce down, man, I don't know what the Jags Defenders were 
doing in that last game, he is the ONE player you do not leave open. He was open all game against the Jaguars.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:19 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Regardless of the relationship between Allen and Diggs, the optics were bad….VERY BAD.  You don’t show up your team mates in public….EVER!  Bills are a good team.  Josh Allen will be there playing long after Diggs is gone.  Diggs not being targeted enough was not teh reason the Bills lost.  They were outplayed, out coached, out prepared and panicked from the get go.

Admittedly, I’m a “homer”.  But, I’d never hesitate to take Higgins, Boyd, or Chase over Diggs…all day, every day.

I can agree Diggs behaved poorly.
Instead of what he was doing, he needed to be on the sidelines talking to Josh and both communicating what they seeing and trying to do. That's also partly coaching. They should be living rent free in each other's heads.

Chase Tee Boyd and Burrow don't behave like that. You'll see them on the sidelines working through it and getting back on track.
Reply/Quote