Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How badly did the Bengals beat the Bills???
(01-23-2023, 02:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally everyone: the Bengals OL was dominant!

PFF: they sucked

LOL

Stevie Wonder do the grading for our game?
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the Bills practice squad RB was really the hero in terms of helping Diggs overcome:

"After the game, Diggs initially moved toward leaving the stadium with his things before some coaches had an opportunity to get to the locker room, but practice squad running back Duke Johnson stopped and talked to him and Diggs went briefly back to the locker room.

"Just knowing that [Diggs] was in an emotional state, it's not who he is, it's not what he's about," Johnson said Monday. "He was just in an emotional state, so don't want [an] emotional decision to affect him in the long term, so I thought it was best that he just be a part of whatever was going on in the locker room at the time."

Johnson said he thinks Diggs deserves more credit for deciding to return to the locker room Sunday.

"Diggs didn't have to listen to me. Diggs didn't have to, he didn't have to go back in there, but he chose to, because he also knew at that moment he was just upset," Johnson said. "So, I think it's a lot of credit to him,

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35513060/want-okay-losing
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:19 AM)Nepa Wrote: Sounds like the Bills practice squad RB was really the hero in terms of helping Diggs overcome:

"After the game, Diggs initially moved toward leaving the stadium with his things before some coaches had an opportunity to get to the locker room, but practice squad running back Duke Johnson stopped and talked to him and Diggs went briefly back to the locker room.

"Just knowing that [Diggs] was in an emotional state, it's not who he is, it's not what he's about," Johnson said Monday. "He was just in an emotional state, so don't want [an] emotional decision to affect him in the long term, so I thought it was best that he just be a part of whatever was going on in the locker room at the time."

Johnson said he thinks Diggs deserves more credit for deciding to return to the locker room Sunday.

"Diggs didn't have to listen to me. Diggs didn't have to, he didn't have to go back in there, but he chose to, because he also knew at that moment he was just upset," Johnson said. "So, I think it's a lot of credit to him,

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35513060/want-okay-losing

This BS game of making excuses for him is not helping him mature. His coach should be calling him out and telling him to get his emotions under control and be a F'n Pro..... coddling an emotionally immature person is not going to make them grow up.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This BS game of making excuses for him is not helping him mature. His coach should be calling him out and telling him to get his emotions under control and be a F'n Pro..... coddling an emotionally immature person is not going to make them grow up.

I remember when the Bengals showed Dunlap the door (traded him for pennies on the dollar) because of his immature way of dealing with the coaching staff. Dunlap even posted a picture of the Bengals' depth chart before a game to show his frustration with the coaches.

Dunlap was a talented player, but the Bengals were interested in having the right locker room presence, not just talent. 

At the time, quite a few posters took Dunlap's side against the coaches. They expressed they would rather that Lou Anarumo and Zac Taylor were shown the door. That the loss of the talented Dunlap showed Lou and Zac didn't know what they were doing and couldn't handle players and it would be better to have Dunlap on the team and new coaches.

I guess the book is closed on that discussion.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So bad, Stephon Diggs quit the team. He evidently hit the locker room, gathered his stuff and was gone before the coaches even made it to the locker room.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I hate to see stuff like that, unless it is in pissburgh or ballsnomore.  Diggs is a great receiver that wants to win and his emotions got the best of him.  Complaing to Allen mid-game was a really bad look.  I am sure he will be fine once he cools down, but it all comes back to chemistry and being able to rise when things aren't going your way.  Not saying they couldn't do it, but they just didn't find a way.  The defense was just that good.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hate to see stuff like that, unless it is in pissburgh or ballsnomore.  Diggs is a great receiver that wants to win and his emotions got the best of him.  Complaing to Allen mid-game was a really bad look.  I am sure he will be fine once he cools down, but it all comes back to chemistry and being able to rise when things aren't going your way.  Not saying they couldn't do it, but they just didn't find a way.  The defense was just that good.  

Well the Bills might have bigger problems next year, us too.

Rumor is Woody Johnson is willing to give up 2 1st Rounders for Rodgers to come to the Jets.
Reply/Quote
I'm honestly a little in shock as to how badly we beat them. The Bills are an incredibly good team. 8 pts combined in their 3 losses this year. We beat them by 17. That's unbelievable.

To go into Buffalo, in the cold snow, where they'd lost like 1 home playoff game all time? And go up 14-0. Dominate them in the trenches with our backups. Got to be up there with the best Bengals performance of all time.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:41 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well the Bills might have bigger problems next year, us too.

Rumor is Woody Johnson is willing to give up 2 1st Rounders for Rodgers to come to the Jets.

We have a top 2 QB in his prime. We don’t need to worry about a 40 year old Aaron Rodgers.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 01:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And our WR1 loves his QB so much he literally bought a house on the same street as him. Big Grin

Team chemistry is important, people.

This 1000% and it is never talked about enough.  It's as important as raw talent in my opinion.

Put a bunch of superstars together who don't have good chemistry and put a bunch of decent NFL talent together with great chemistry and who do you think has a better chance of winning.

In our case, imo, we have the superstars WITH the great chemistry.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 01:57 PM)Housh Wrote: Jackson Carman and that block tho lol

Dude threw a guy out of bounds lol

Threw that dude like a curling stone.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 08:43 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm honestly a little in shock as to how badly we beat them. The Bills are an incredibly good team. 8 pts combined in their 3 losses this year. We beat them by 17. That's unbelievable.

To go into Buffalo, in the cold snow, where they'd lost like 1 home playoff game all time? And go up 14-0. Dominate them in the trenches with our backups. Got to be up there with the best Bengals performance of all time.

I think the 10-minute Monday Night gave them a taste of what was to come. If they couldn't get up for the game, it's because they knew they had no answer.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:41 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well the Bills might have bigger problems next year, us too.

The Pats had nearly two decades of 6 by weeks in the AFC East.  The Bills had that for maybe two years, and now Miami and the Jets are charging.  Not too sure about the Pats, but they at least could return to a playoff team with their defense if they get more weapons on offense and perhaps a better coordinator. 

The Bengals will never have a division like that, but as Burrow said last year that got Tee's attention in pregame warmups against the Ratbirds:  "If we can with this division, we can win the whole thing".  
Reply/Quote