Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How likely to see NFL
(06-24-2020, 02:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I don;t think we used P&R forum when we started talking about protests, civil unrest, social justice etc that would have been nice

I meant it more like IF you feel so passionate about this stuff THEN you should be happy to know we have a 113 thread that applies to it. 

And the thread to which you are referring was locked and posts were deleted because it was political discord in a JN thread.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 11:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Democrats are determined to lock down the country at all costs. I don't see the NFL having a full season. I can see them starting, but not ending. The narrative for this thing is all wrong and we allow the media to dictate it.

It is about death rates, who cares if someone gets sick, we get sick from something daily. We need the media to stop the fear attacks. In reality, those of us who walk with God accept leaving this earth so we are not afraid to die.

But, back on topic, I don't see the NFL or college football playing this fall. I do see the possibility of college moving season to spring in 2021 so we could see to college seasons in 2021. College football will figure out a way to get their money. Playing in spring and fall is a way this could happen.

Why risk dying early if there is a chance for it to be prevented?

But infinitely more important, why risk catching it and then spreading it to the elderly, the young, & those with pre-existing conditions who may actually want to try to live a long fruitful life? 

Doesn't seem to Christian to not care about spreading a disease to others while only caring about one's own self-righteousness...
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 02:54 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Why risk dying early if there is a chance for it to be prevented?

But infinitely more important, why risk catching it and then spreading it to the elderly, the young, & those with pre-existing conditions who may actually want to try to live a long fruitful life? 

Doesn't seem to Christian to not care about spreading a disease to others while only caring about one's own self-righteousness...

I am healthy

Is your solution everyone just lock themselves up? No food, no energy, no internet.

Again, I social distance, wear a mask and do temp. check daily. If, IF I get sick, I stay home away from people.

In the meantime, I will live my life as I choose. If someone causes me to get sick, I will deal with it.

I love how some feel the need to attack faith, yet have faith everyone is going to get sick and die. Sorry, the world is filled with germs and illness and always will be, I accept it and try and od my part not to spread them. That does not include staying at home in my basement and living in fear.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 01:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's about a lot more than simple death rates.  Sickness can cause long-term effects.  And we can not properly understand the effects related to Covid until more time passes.

In one hospital studies showed that 19% of the patients admitted with Covid eneded up with additional heart damage.  There's been countless reports of patients who were left with scarring of the lungs.  These are serious issues, and have to be at least considered and discussed before being simply dismissed because they did not result in death.

A sickness like this can lead to all sorts of things.  Having reduced lung capacity is no joke.  Heart damage is no joke.  You can't use death rates as the only factor in determing whether or not to take this seriously.

I say death rates, hospitalization and intensive care. As far as long term impact, you site an inconclusive study that due to age and pre-existing conditions of those impacted is skewed until we see the numbers for those 50 and under added into the study. My point is way too premature to be looking at a study on long term impact when we don't know the short term impact as of now.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am healthy

. If, IF I get sick, I stay home away from people.

How do you know you have the virus if you show no symptoms?

Have you not heard about the large percentage of carriers of the virus that are asymptomatic?  That is what so many people don't understand.

You could be infecting other people right now.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My point is way too premature to be looking at a study on long term impact when we don't know the short term impact as of now.

But what if you go along not caring who you infect because you don't think there are any long term effects but you end up being wrong?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love how some feel the need to attack faith,

I love how some people feel the need to talk about how superior they are (no fear of death) because they believe in some old myths.

BTW I know a lot of Christians that wear seatbelts and go to the doctor if they fear they have a terminal illness, so your claim is actually kind of silly.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 11:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Democrats are determined to lock down the country at all costs. I don't see the NFL having a full season. I can see them starting, but not ending. The narrative for this thing is all wrong and we allow the media to dictate it.

It is about death rates, who cares if someone gets sick, we get sick from something daily. We need the media to stop the fear attacks. In reality, those of us who walk with God accept leaving this earth so we are not afraid to die.

But, back on topic, I don't see the NFL or college football playing this fall. I do see the possibility of college moving season to spring in 2021 so we could see to college seasons in 2021. College football will figure out a way to get their money. Playing in spring and fall is a way this could happen.

Do you look both ways before crossing the street?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 01:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's about a lot more than simple death rates.  Sickness can cause long-term effects.  And we can not properly understand the effects related to Covid until more time passes.

In one hospital studies showed that 19% of the patients admitted with Covid eneded up with additional heart damage.  There's been countless reports of patients who were left with scarring of the lungs.  These are serious issues, and have to be at least considered and discussed before being simply dismissed because they did not result in death.

A sickness like this can lead to all sorts of things.  Having reduced lung capacity is no joke.  Heart damage is no joke.  You can't use death rates as the only factor in determing whether or not to take this seriously.

Just to reinforce your point . . .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/covid-19-double-lung-transplant%3famp=true
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How do you know you have the virus if you show no symptoms?

Have you not heard about the large percentage of carriers of the virus that are asymptomatic?  That is what so many people don't understand.

You could be infecting other people right now.

I know as I have been tested 2 times in last 30 days. I have no symtons.

How about you?

This is just crazy to ask people to stop their lives because there is a possibility I could infect someone who has less than a 1% chance of dying if 65 and older and less if younger. 

One more time I follow the guidelines when I go out, I don't have to and do it for others. I have no fear of getting sick or dying.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I love how some people feel the need to talk about how superior they are (no fear of death) because they believe in some old myths.

BTW I know a lot of Christians that wear seatbelts and go to the doctor if they fear they have a terminal illness, so your claim is actually kind of silly.

I will prayer for you Fred. If you knew God, you would understand. Sadly, you don't.

Superior, not at all we all are equal. 

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know as I have been tested 2 times in last 30 days. I have no symtons.

How about you?

This is just crazy to ask people to stop their lives because there is a possibility I could infect someone who has less than a 1% chance of dying if 65 and older and less if younger. 

One more time I follow the guidelines when I go out, I don't have to and do it for others. I have no fear of getting sick or dying.

Which test did you have done?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I love how some people feel the need to talk about how superior they are (no fear of death) because they believe in some old myths.

They are more than myths closer to exaggerated historical events.

Moses splitting the red sea is a perfect example. Moses learned the tides in the red sea when he left Egypt and used that knowledge to trick the Egyptians. Neapolitan did the same thing centuries later. If you can look past the occult fanaticism the Bible is one of the oldest historical references we have....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know as I have been tested 2 times in last 30 days. I have no symtons.

How long does that test last?  If you were tested a week ago does that mean it is impossible for you to get the virus today?

I did not realize there was a test that kept you from getting the virus.

And, AGAIN, what do "symptoms" have to do with knowing if you have the virus or not?
Reply/Quote
Sadly, I tested positive for both Pac Man Fever and Frogger Gonorrhea.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 06:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I had the anti body test done 2X since I had symptoms for 2 months. Both came back negative

Test took minutes and got results within 5 days

Please tell the world how any of us can carry on since we have no idea if we have:

milaria
Aids
Many forms of COV
Flu
Ebola - How many were tested for Ebola? We all may have it???????????????

Just dumb logic to stop life because we may get sick. But, feel free to do so, that is your right just as my right to take precautions and still live life just as I did prior to the China Flu

(06-24-2020, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I know you people don't care much for science, but this might help.

Malaria can not be transmitted from an infected person to another person except through blood-to-blood contact.

Aids can not be transmitted without exchanging bodily fluids, but do you really tell your kids not to worry about getting AIDS?

There is a vaccine for the Flu so we know it won't spread fast enough to overwhelm medical providers.

Ebola also requires skin to skin contact or exchange of bodily fluids.

(06-24-2020, 07:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I am confused.

Why take precautions if you don't care how many people get sick?

Fellas!  Just a friendly reminder to keep the posts on topic of football as related to the Bengals, in the Jungle Noise Forum.  If you wish to discuss the intricate details of the Covid-19 Virus, feel free to take the discussion to any one of those already established threads.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Is your solution everyone just lock themselves up? No food, no energy, no internet.

Again, I social distance, wear a mask and do temp. check daily. If, IF I get sick, I stay home away from people.

In the meantime, I will live my life as I choose. If someone causes me to get sick, I will deal with it.

I love how some feel the need to attack faith, yet have faith everyone is going to get sick and die. Sorry, the world is filled with germs and illness and always will be, I accept it and try and od my part not to spread them. That does not include staying at home in my basement and living in fear.

Good job. You’re doing your part to mitigate the spread to others. If more people followed your example it would increase our chances of getting back to normal including football in the fall. Which is what we all want. However, some states are having record numbers of new cases and hospitalizations are on the rise.

Also, Covid-19 antibody testing is not meant to diagnose acute Covid-19, it doesn’t let you know if you’re contagious or not, and it doesn’t mean you are immune. Covid-19 antibody testing call tell you if you had it . . . maybe. Because if you test for IgM too late or IgG too soon the results will be falsely negative leading some to believe they aren’t contagious because their test was negative which isn’t necessarily true. But, if you keep doing what you’re doing you can help decrease asymptomatic spread.

https://www.fda.gov/media/138438/download

Quote: The COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test Cassette (Whole Blood/Serum/Plasma) should not be used to diagnose acute SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Reply/Quote

I am the same way. Well said.

Living in fear is not the way to live.

Take your vitamins, stay healthy, keep the older folks safe and live your life free.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fellas!  Just a friendly reminder to keep the posts on topic of football as related to the Bengals, in the Jungle Noise Forum.  If you wish to discuss the intricate details of the Covid-19 Virus, feel free to take the discussion to any one of those already established threads.

Need to see some Bengal football man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm now firmly in the 0% chance there will be an NFL season in 2020. It figures that the year the Bengals land their stud QB of the future that things get whacky. On top of that, if they don't play this season, we'll be paying AJ Green (who I was in favor of tagging) on the franchise tag... It'll be damn near 3 years since he's last seen the field at that point.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote