Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How likely to see NFL
At this point we have to hope the NFL get back to normal in 2021. Be happy for whatever we see (even if games are glorified practice scrimmages until Nov/Dec. I think 16 games is asking a lot and don't want to see the interruptions and teams not being able to field a team on gameday (because they had to shutdown practice for the week or two) leading in a forfeit or cancelation of games.

What happened in Philly should alarm all as the NFL swore there would be fairness, but how so if the Eagles play half their games with no crowd. The home crowd bring something. And we've seen over the years 16k or so is enough to be heard at least.

We'll never get everyone to wear a mask, so this thing is going to take awhile since it doesn't seem seasonal, and not sure how it'll mix with the flu. With kids brining it home from school to their parents and grandparents (many are raised by their grandparents now a days). It's going to take the vaccine to get it under control. We don't hear about the Flu numbers but that's been here since 1918. We understand the virus. In 102 years I hope we aren't hearing about covid-19 numbers either, but until we get a grasp of it it's important to monitor.

As far as the vaccine. I am not an anti vaxxer. Or whatever they are called, I don't know about you guys but I won't be first in line to take the vaccine. It's just too soon and possibly rushed and I'm spooked about taking stuff we don't know the long term effects of. No planting chips conspiracies or nothing outrageous like that. It took me 10 years to get my first flu shot. I hope everyone else get's it tho so we can get back to normal and get us some football.

I'm also in the college football should move to the spring camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I agree with you jj. I have no problems with vaccines, but any vaccine for this virus is going to be done hastily. I'm a bit hesitant to run out and get poked until I know it is safe.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 07:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I wear a mask, but your question may be dumbest of all time.

The word might kills the question. If do a great job, I might give you a raise or I might let you keep your job. My point is need more certainty in your question in might. 

So is the nature of medicine. A medical provider can’t give you a guaranteed outcome. Especially when it involves the public health and working as a team. That’s why your doctor probably discusses with you what to do if things get worse.

Quote:Update, my grandson was diagnosed today with the China Corona Virus. My daughter and rest of her immediate family are awaiting results. Good news is he feels great, just has to stay quarantined for 10 days or he has 5 days of no fever. BYW..They all have worn masks and stayed at home as much as possible, no friends r family contact, yet at least one has it.

The guidance is a little bit different . . .

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html

Glad he feels great because most have cold or flu symptoms, but there is a chance he might get worse. Such as high fevers, shortness of breath, wheezing, worsening cough. If so he will need to be re-evaluated. Most likely in the ER.

Is that warning dumbest warning of all time because I used “might” and “if” and “likely”?
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 09:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So is the nature of medicine. A medical provider can’t give you a guaranteed outcome. Especially when it involves the public health and working as a team. That’s why your doctor probably discusses with you what to do if things get worse.

The guidance is a little bit different . . .

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html

Glad he feels great because most have cold or flu symptoms, but there is a chance he might get worse. Such as high fevers, shortness of breath, wheezing, worsening cough. If so he will need to be re-evaluated. Most likely in the ER.

Is that warning dumbest warning of all time because I used “might” and “if” and “likely”?

How many 16 year olds do you know that got this virus? This was the first person I know personally who got it. He had slight fever, no cough or chills or shortness of breath so they said his case is mild thus their recommendation.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 03:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Here is something related to the NFL and covid.....

https://www.nfl.com/news/nflpa-72-players-tested-positive-for-covid-19-as-of-july-10

Yeah I saw this earlier today. 

It isnt a good sign with two months to go, and we have states like Georgia where the Governor won't mandate masks while also banning cities that mandates them. So that could be a big yikes for the Falcons.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 10:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many 16 year olds do you know that got this virus? This was the first person I know personally who got it. He had slight fever, no cough or chills or shortness of breath so they said his case is mild thus their recommendation.

The youngest was 2 y/o. The oldest was 100.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with a lot of what you say here Wes but with just putting on and taking off the mask you are touching your face all the 
damn time which is not a good thing regardless of what sickness it is. If I was in the city and around a lot of people I would
wear a mask, but people are getting sick all the time while wearing them too.

I just don't think we know enough about this thing to say one way or the other definitively. 

People just saying wear the mask all the time and this will go away in a couple weeks I think are wrong too. The molecules in 
this virus are extremely small and get through masks so I think this notion is wrong to just always wear masks.

As is locking down and staying in your house all scared. This is not a good idea as when you eventually do get this thing your 
immune system will be down and it will hit you harder. 

Here's what you ... and many others ... simply do not understand.

Masks work. Are they 100% effective? No. If masks were 100% effective, no medical personnel would have caught the disease. Yet, for the dangerous environment in which they work, not many have died. And don't forget, when they ran out of PPE, many of them use homemade masks. So who knows better, some moron on the internet with the IQ of a potato ... or a medical professional?

Social distancing works. The virus can't be transmitted far. Is there an actual barrier at 6 feet? No. Is 12 feet better? Yep. Is 20 feet even better? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Hand sanitation works. If you sanitize your hands before you put on AND remove your mask and sanitize them again after you dispose of your mask, the odds of YOU infecting YOURSELF via mask are virtually nil.

Right now masks, distancing and sanitization are THE ONLY TOOLS ON OUR BELT. We are in exactly the same boat as we were in during the Spanish Flu ... 100 freaking years ago. We have exactly the same tools as they did ... masks, distance, sanitization. Sure, our medication is better but we have nothing that prevents us from contracting the virus. Fewer people will die now because medical science is better. But the only things that can prevent us catching this virus ARE ALREADY KNOWN.

If 70% of the US practiced the above, we would have this bug under reasonable control in 4-6 weeks. If 90% practiced it, we'd have it under control a little faster.

Everybody on this board knows the classic definition of INSANITY ... doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time. Yet here we are ... a bunch of people not wearing masks, not socially distancing and not sanitizing AND BEING SURPRISED THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL DYING. Talk about insanity!
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 10:12 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Here's what you ... and many others ... simply do not understand.

Masks work. Are they 100% effective? No. If masks were 100% effective, no medical personnel would have caught the disease. Yet, for the dangerous environment in which they work, not many have died. And don't forget, when they ran out of PPE, many of them use homemade masks. So who knows better, some moron on the internet with the IQ of a potato ... or a medical professional?

Social distancing works. The virus can't be transmitted far. Is there an actual barrier at 6 feet? No. Is 12 feet better? Yep. Is 20 feet even better? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Hand sanitation works. If you sanitize your hands before you put on AND remove your mask and sanitize them again after you dispose of your mask, the odds of YOU infecting YOURSELF via mask are virtually nil.

Right now masks, distancing and sanitization are THE ONLY TOOLS ON OUR BELT. We are in exactly the same boat as we were in during the Spanish Flu ... 100 freaking years ago. We have exactly the same tools as they did ... masks, distance, sanitization. Sure, our medication is better but we have nothing that prevents us from contracting the virus. Fewer people will die now because medical science is better. But the only things that can prevent us catching this virus ARE ALREADY KNOWN.

If 70% of the US practiced the above, we would have this bug under reasonable control in 4-6 weeks. If 90% practiced it, we'd have it under control a little faster.

Everybody on this board knows the classic definition of INSANITY ... doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time. Yet here we are ... a bunch of people not wearing masks, not socially distancing and not sanitizing AND BEING SURPRISED THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL DYING. Talk about insanity!

Rep
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 10:12 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Here's what you ... and many others ... simply do not understand.

Again, I also say take your temp. daily, wash your hands every 30 to 60 minutes, social distance and WEAR A MASK.

Having said that, to assume people are not doing this is an assumption based on targeted pics to just show the small percent not wearing masks. The reality is it appears we are all putting off the inevitable and the China virus will hit anyone eventually without the immunity to fight it off.

Also, I keep hearing about more dangerous than the flu, yet the flu has had a vaccine for a very long time, yet lot of deaths still from the flu. My point is we don't know how this will shale out against the flu until the treatments are identified to minimize it and a vaccine is available.

What are we learning:
1. If you are age 70 and older and have any major underlying medical conditions, you are high risk and should minimize the risk by staying home or if in nursing home make sure infected guests are removed immediately from nursing homes.
2. Family and friends should not visit with the at risk individuals, use face time or other methods for communication.
3. Kids are extremely low risk and higher risk for kids being damaged long term socially and educationally staying at home with no school (not all kids have access or parental guidance to teach) than going back to school. 
4. This obviously is super spreader and easily spread, so unlikely to stop the spread regardless of human behavior so again focus on those who are high risk and keep them isolated.
5. The death rate for anyone 60 or under and healthy is very small. That is a blessing. It is a blessing children death rates are extremely low.
6. The China virus does not avoid protesters, has no political party affiliation, it attacks those without the immunity to fight it off.

Let's hope for the treatments needed and a vaccination at warp speed, the fastest in history, if that happens we all win.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 10:37 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Having said that, to assume people are not doing this is an assumption based on targeted pics to just show the small percent not wearing masks. The reality is it appears we are all putting off the inevitable and the China virus will hit anyone eventually without the immunity to fight it off.

1.  My perception of how many people are not wearing masks is based on what I see every time I go out in public.

2.  "Putting off the inevitable" is VERY important because if everyone gets sick at the same time there will not be enough ICU beds or respirators.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 10:37 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Also, I keep hearing about more dangerous than the flu, yet the flu has had a vaccine for a very long time, yet lot of deaths still from the flu. My point is we don't know how this will shale out against the flu until the treatments are identified to minimize it and a vaccine is available.

Thank you, I have been making this point for a long time.  One of the biggest reasons that thr coronavirus is so much more deadly than the flu is that almost half the population gets a flu vaccine every year.

And since it is more deadly than the flu we have to take extra precautions to prevent the spread.

You talk about "isolating" older people as iuf they all live in nursing homes.  The fact is that many of these older people live with other family members.  It is impossible for them to all be "isolated".
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Thank you, I have been making this point for a long time.  One of the biggest reasons that thr coronavirus is so much more deadly than the flu is that almost half the population gets a flu vaccine every year.

And since it is more deadly than the flu we have to take extra precautions to prevent the spread.

You talk about "isolating" older people as iuf they all live in nursing homes.  The fact is that many of these older people live with other family members.  It is impossible for them to all be "isolated".

Then those families need to make a sacrifice for their loved ones and others and self quarantine. 

Governors have mandated stay at home for all families in some states during this virus, so why not mandate those who have loved ones over 65 at home to stay at home or at a minimum isolate from them in their homes. My point is one size never fits all.

As for the ICU bed situation, to date no hospital (that cancelled elective surgeries) has had ICU bed shortages. It did not happen in New York as we saw Cuomo cry about it and then the POTUS ends up wasting valuable resources by building hospitals. The idiot allowed seniors to go back to nursing homes versus using those resources. Fact, as a result a lot of older people died.

What are hospitals doing to convert regular rooms to ICU units right now? Most nothing as they refuse to make the investment. In spite of the number of cases, the amount of serious cases and deaths continue to decline. We are finding out they are counting 1 person over and over again each time they are tested in states all over the country. We need accurate data, so the experts can put out the fires in the right places.

We need the criteria used by every state to determine cause of death. As you have said, reports of under reported, but also reports of over reported (people in hospice on death bed recorded as Cov-19 because they got it late in the process. Is money involved in cases reported or deaths reported due to China Cov-19? I hope not as we all know for money some would kill their mother.

As I am out (not often on purpose), I see 95% wearing masks. I require my 250 employees to wear masks. I installed plexiglass at every customer touch point and put plexiglass in between employees who can't social distance. My point is many people are working hard to keep employees and customers safe, it is priority #1 for me.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 11:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Then those families need to make a sacrifice for their loved ones and others and self quarantine. 

Governors have mandated stay at home for all families in some states during this virus, so why not mandate those who have loved ones over 65 at home to stay at home or at a minimum isolate from them in their homes. My point is one size never fits all.

As for the ICU bed situation, to date no hospital (that cancelled elective surgeries) has had ICU bed shortages. It did not happen in New York as we saw Cuomo cry about it and then the POTUS ends up wasting valuable resources by building hospitals. The idiot allowed seniors to go back to nursing homes versus using those resources. Fact, as a result a lot of older people died.

What are hospitals doing to convert regular rooms to ICU units right now? Most nothing as they refuse to make the investment. In spite of the number of cases, the amount of serious cases and deaths continue to decline. We are finding out they are counting 1 person over and over again each time they are tested in states all over the country. We need accurate data, so the experts can put out the fires in the right places.

We need the criteria used by every state to determine cause of death. As you have said, reports of under reported, but also reports of over reported (people in hospice on death bed recorded as Cov-19 because they got it late in the process. Is money involved in cases reported or deaths reported due to China Cov-19? I hope not as we all know for money some would kill their mother.

As I am out (not often on purpose), I see 95% wearing masks. I require my 250 employees to wear masks. I installed plexiglass at every customer touch point and put plexiglass in between employees who can't social distance. My point is many people are working hard to keep employees and customers safe, it is priority #1 for me.

I commend you for all you do both personally and professionally to stop the spread of Covid 19, but could you please stop posting demonstrably false information?

There was a hospital near here that completely exceeded their ICU capacity and needed to divert patients to the hospital I work for. But, we couldn’t accept all their patients. So they had to divert to multiple hospitals.

The hospital also renovated a floor of a building for approximately 30 inpatient and 7 ICU beds at a cost of about $2 million while losing $25M/week due to decreased patient census and services.

You’re a businessman, do you invest $2M in something you probably won’t need in 18-24 months, especially while already operating at significant losses? I don’t think so.

Just two examples of false information. Because I don’t want to go through it line by line here.
Reply/Quote

Here is what you don't understand, I agree with everything you said....

So don't insult me wise ass.
Reply/Quote
Telling people who are 65+ and/or have underlying health conditions that they must self-quarantine indefinitely while everybody else gets to run about as they please is a slippery slope.  You can't mandate one group to do something and give leeway to another when we are talking about a health pandemic that impacts society as a collective.  

These mask/social distancing/hygiene guidelines need to be adopted by everybody, or else this doesn't work.  We don't live in an authoritarian country where we can order people over a certain age to stay in their homes indefinitely.  It also sets a precedent that people under that certain age are absolved of any responsibility in this matter, which is simply not true.  If anything, the burden IS on those people who are less impacted to take measures to protect the more vulnerable.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 02:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I commend you for all you do both personally and professionally to stop the spread of Covid 19, but could you please stop posting demonstrably false information?

There was a hospital near here that completely exceeded their ICU capacity and needed to divert patients to the hospital I work for. But, we couldn’t accept all their patients. So they had to divert to multiple hospitals.

The hospital also renovated a floor of a building for approximately 30 inpatient and 7 ICU beds at a cost of about $2 million while losing $25M/week due to decreased patient census and services.

You’re a businessman, do you invest $2M in something you probably won’t need in 18-24 months, especially while already operating at significant losses? I don’t think so.

Just two examples of false information. Because I don’t want to go through it line by line here.

I am not trying to provide false info. The US has a ton of hospitals. My point is a small percent have experienced issues with ventilators (none to my knowledge) or ICU beds as of now NYC thought they would have issues, but in the end did not. I do not know where you work, but has your hospital shut down surgeries so no ICU beds needed for them? Yes, that is costly for a business (hospital), but it is costly for bars to be 100% closed and restaurants to have all eat in business on removed or greatly reduced due to mandates.

We all spent a lot of money and lost a lot of profit to make our businesses safer. Your hospital is no exception, they are he norm right now for businesses struggling to survive.

I am curious, where is your hospital located (city) and did they eliminate surgeries to do all they can to have ICU beds for the China Cov-19 patients in bad shape? If not, sounds  like they need to stop them immediately to put all resources, equipment and people towards the virus patients.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 11:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Then those families need to make a sacrifice for their loved ones and others and self quarantine. 

If 95% of the population wore masks, we wouldn't be in the deep doo-doo like we are. That is a FACT. It isn't an "alternative fact".

As to cause of death, you have alluded to the "overcount for money" BS. It is a FELONY in most states to knowingly misrepresent cause of death on a death certificate. The doctor can lose his/her license, too. So is it likely that there is a vast conspiracy of doctors willing to trash their lives, careers and reputations for a few bucks? Uhhhhh, probably not. And in the end, does it really matter if 141,108 people died OR if 141,697 people died. No amount of number-fudging is gonna get the number below 12,500.

And, FYI, there's no need to keep calling this the "China virus". Everybody knew your politics when you started typing.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 03:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not trying to provide false info. The US has a ton of hospitals. My point is a small percent have experienced issues with ventilators (none to my knowledge) or ICU beds as of now NYC thought they would have issues, but in the end did not. I do not know where you work, but has your hospital shut down surgeries so no ICU beds needed for them? Yes, that is costly for a business (hospital), but it is costly for bars to be 100% closed and restaurants to have all eat in business on removed or greatly reduced due to mandates.

We all spent a lot of money and lost a lot of profit to make our businesses safer. Your hospital is no exception, they are he norm right now for businesses struggling to survive.

I am curious, where is your hospital located (city) and did they eliminate surgeries to do all they can to have ICU beds for the China Cov-19 patients in bad shape? If not, sounds  like they need to stop them immediately to put all resources, equipment and people towards the virus patients.

https://www.wabe.org/many-georgia-hospitals-postpone-surgeries-search-for-scarce-supplies/
Reply/Quote
This thing will be gone after the election and the media will tell us the "numbers" are down because almost everyone had been exposed. There's no medical proof about masks helping and"social distancing" was from a high school science fair project a student did years ago. Don't believe me? Look it up.

If you want to wear a mask, I respect that decision. If I don't want to, you should respect mine.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Again as some seem to keep missing this.  Wearing a mask seems to help keep people from transmitting it to others.  Not 100% but better than walking around breathing all over the place with nothing on.  That is the point. Not as some magic piece of cloth that will protect the user from contracting it.  That is where social distancing, hand washing/sanitizing and not touching your face comes in.

As for older people and people with underlying conditions is concerned, not everyone has the luxury of staying at home all the time.  There are many, many people in the at risk group that don't have family members, friends or social services to bring them food and other necessities. Those same people may not be able to afford to pay services to deliver what they need.   What are they suppose to do, not go grocery shopping for the food they need, go without medication, etc?  Yeah, "They just need to stay home so they don't risk getting sick." It's not that easy for a lot of people. Those that don't have a support system.

When I lived in an apartment building several years ago there was an older man that lived below me.  He was on oxygen and could barely go up and down the stairs.  I used to help him out with groceries because I knew it was a struggle for him and he didn't have anyone else.  I can only imagine what he is going through now. Hopefully he found someone else to help him out.

That's where our responsibility lies.  To do our best to not transmit Covid, especially to those that are vulnerable or to spread it to someone that is healthy that may unknowingly spread it to a vulnerable person.  For me that means social distancing, wearing a mask in public, monitoring my temperature before I leave the house, and practicing good hand hygiene.  That's the best I can do and what I think is best given the current information.  Sure it is slightly inconvenient but over the last few months it has just become a way of life for me.   Just like brushing my teeth, showering and wiping my ass after using the bathroom.  It's just something I do as regular routine.  

As for NFL players and expecting them to abide by the same guidelines and even more, say being on some form of self quarantine during the season, I don't know.  The majority of NFL players I'm sure would handle the situation responsibly.  But like any large group of people there are also immature, self-centered people that I'm not sure I would trust to do the right thing.   If things go forward with the NFL I hope I am wrong about the later.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote