Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do you give Taylor?
(02-20-2020, 12:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If he wins 0-4 games, fire him after the season.
If he wins 5-8 games, give him another year.
If he wins 9+, let his contract ride.

This Rock On
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you mean how long would I give ZT -

I want to see a lot of improvement this season ! Not so much a certain number of wins however winning some is for sure part of it. But more just being in games, looking like a NFL team. I'm not talking moral victories, just looking much better. If we still basically suck after the 2020 season it may be time ?

If you mean how long do I think MB will give him ? oh boy
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 11:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not going to put a finite amount of time on it, but he needs to show significant signs of improvement. Especially as a play caller. If it’s still as ugly even with Burrow he needs to go.

The play-caller thing is the least of my concerns. That's a relatively easy fix by just getting someone else in. I don't see him as the long-term play-caller anyway.

What I want to see is progress.

Also, Tobin is far more on the hotseat than Taylor.
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't see why any Bengals fan would want to hold onto this guy. We were able to convince ourselves "anyone else" would be better than Mediocre Marv so why aren't we talking about how "anyone else" would be better than 2-win Zac the Nutsac?
Reply/Quote
If he can't get close to 500 next season with the 6th easiest schedule I'd fire him
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 11:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: As a fan, how long are you going to give Taylor to prove he can cut it as a HC? What will he have to do to prove himself to you too? I am going to let last year slide a little bit since he had to overcome some things, and he had 0 NFL experience being a play caller. For me, next year is huge for him. He needs to go at least 7-9. I don't expect him to go to the playoffs. I want to see the offensive playcalling get much better too. I felt like it was pretty horrible last year. My biggest concern is that he and Brown might kill Burrow.

Taylor was hired by Katie Blackburn and announced 2/4/2019.  She will be loath to fire him anytime soon.  Last season he had to build a staff while preparing for the draft and free agency all within three months.  The way I see it last season was a mulligan for Taylor.  Too much to do, too soon.
This  is the first year to evaluate him, IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 04:45 AM)Benton Wrote: We didn't have much talent when zt got here. Seriously, I thought the team looked better at the end of last year than at the end of Marvin's last year.

Bengals only played two teams with a winning record in the second half of the season. We had 6 win talent coming into last season and managed only 2 wins. And Marvin's last several games had Driskel behind center. I really think we would have looked better down the stretch in 2018 had Dalton not been injured.

I really don't see how last year was an improvement over Marvin in the team performance category.

Reply/Quote
what if we win go like 10 -6 but Burrow through back channels is unhappy with him. It's all about keeping Burrow happy. We need to keep Burrow happy at all costs. Don't allow Luck to happen here.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:25 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: what if we win go like 10 -6 but Burrow through back channels is unhappy with him. It's all about keeping Burrow happy. We need to keep Burrow happy at all costs. Don't allow Luck to happen here.

Luck has never happened to the Cincinnati Bengals. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Luck has never happened to the Cincinnati Bengals. 

was referring to Andrew
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Bengals only played two teams with a winning record in the second half of the season. We had 6 win talent coming into last season and managed only 2 wins. And Marvin's last several games had Driskel behind center. I really think we would have looked better down the stretch in 2018 had Dalton not been injured.

I really don't see how last year was an improvement over Marvin in the team performance category.

And we maybe would have won some more games but wth does that prove? No matter how you look at it 2018 was an unmitigated failure like 2016 and 2017. Guess what we didn't make the POs last year just like the three prior years but maybe Zac can turn that around. BTW we had 6 wins in 2018 but finished the season 2-9. NO #1 OR #2 LEFT TACKLE, NO AJ, NO RIGHT GUARD, not to mention the  other injuries, yeah Zac inherited a virtual juggernaut. They lost seven games by one score. He kept the team from dialing it in and giving up. With Burrow, Williams and other draft choices they may turn things around quicker than most negative Nancy's think. It costs nothing to be positive in the offseason. There is plenty of that to go around during the season.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 02:25 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: what if we win go like 10 -6 but Burrow through back channels is unhappy with him. It's all about keeping Burrow happy. We need to keep Burrow happy at all costs. Don't allow Luck to happen here.

He will be under contract and unless he quits(ala Palmer) he has no choice in the matter. He will have a say after the contract because he will be super rich( like 7.5mil/year isn't rich). 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 04:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  He will be under contract and unless he quits(ala Palmer) he has no choice in the matter. He will have a say after the contract because he will be super rich( like 7.5mil/year isn't rich). 

I said this in another thread or maybe this 1. Burrow deserves the Lebron treatment. He's worth it. we  may never have another talent like Burrow
Reply/Quote
After Hue Jackson went 1-15 his first season in Cleveland would you have fired him or stuck with him?

I've seen enough from Taylor to know I would have fired him after his first season.
Reply/Quote
Goose is already cooked for me. I don't recall other teams with new hire coaches that struggled the way ours did last year. From the top down Taylor sucked. His offense blows, if he was involved with the draft that was a miss, his coordinators are below average, the list goes on and on.

That being said I can be swayed the other way. 7-9 or 8-8 with improvements across the board would do it, anything less than 7 wins and I'm screaming for his head, not necessarily because this team is good enough to go 8-8, but when you're involved with drafting, acting as the OC, and tasked with staffing the coordinators and you suck 2 years in a row we might as well pull the plug and get someone a little more experienced in here to take advantage of the small window where Joe's rookie contract makes success more likely for our franchise.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 05:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: After Hue Jackson went 1-15 his first season in Cleveland would you have fired him or stuck with him?

I've seen enough from Taylor to know I would have fired him after his first season.

Belichick was 20-28 his first three years. Would you have fired him? He got fired the next year after going 11-5 by the Browns. The situation you come into makes all the difference in the world.
Reply/Quote
As soon as the Brown family pulls up in my driveway, gets out, knocks on my door and asks my opinion on what they should do you'll all be the second to know what I've decided. In the meantime since I sort of doubt that's actually gonna happen I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I have any say so about a damned thing.. Now, in the unlikely event that is does happen I'm keeping my decision a secret until it does. You can't pry my secrets out of my cold, dead hands. I ain't got none anyway. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 05:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Belichick was 20-28 his first three years. Would you have fired him? He got fired the next year after going 11-5 by the Browns. The situation you come into makes all the difference in the world.

He doubled their total wins his first season. He made the team objectively better. Essentially, you’re asking me would I fire a coach after one season for improving the team? My answer is no. Honestly, I don’t think most reasonable people would even ask that question it’s such a no brainer. But, your reputation precedes you so I’m not surprised you would.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 04:37 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:     And we maybe would have won some more games but wth does that prove? No matter how you look at it 2018 was an unmitigated failure like 2016 and 2017. Guess what we didn't make the POs last year just like the three prior years but maybe Zac can turn that around. BTW we had 6 wins in 2018 but finished the season 2-9. NO #1 OR #2 LEFT TACKLE, NO AJ, NO RIGHT GUARD, not to mention the  other injuries, yeah Zac inherited a virtual juggernaut. They lost seven games by one score. He kept the team from dialing it in and giving up. With Burrow, Williams and other draft choices they may turn things around quicker than most negative Nancy's think. It costs nothing to be positive in the offseason. There is plenty of that to go around during the season.

I'm not sure why people think Taylor is going to turn this team around. He could only manage two wins last season, which was much worse than the three previous seasons. Green being out has always hurt the team.

Losing is losing and there were a lot of ugly loses last season.

Maybe Taylor will get it together, maybe he won't. But how many more seasons should that be allowed to go on? Each season costs a boat load of money and players get older and contracts expire. There's no more room for lame seasons.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 05:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Belichick was 20-28 his first three years. Would you have fired him? He got fired the next year after going 11-5 by the Browns. The situation you come into makes all the difference in the world.

Right and Our situation isn't as bad as the record made it look.
Reply/Quote