Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do you give Taylor?
(02-20-2020, 01:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If you mean how long would I give ZT -

I want to see a lot of improvement this season ! Not so much a certain number of wins however winning some is for sure part of it. But more just being in games, looking like a NFL team. I'm not talking moral victories, just looking much better. If we still basically suck after the 2020 season it may be time ?

If you mean how long do I think MB will give him ? oh boy

Last time we changed coaches was after a 2-14 season and we went to 8-8 the next year with KITNA as QB.

This time the new Coach took a 6-10 team to 2-14..... But he learned stuff... I guess
Reply/Quote
We need to see improvement this year.. if we dont see any progress his 3rd year will be in question.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 05:13 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Goose is already cooked for me. I don't recall other teams with new hire coaches that struggled the way ours did last year. From the top down Taylor sucked. His offense blows, if he was involved with the draft that was a miss, his coordinators are below average, the list goes on and on.

That being said I can be swayed the other way. 7-9 or 8-8 with improvements across the board would do it, anything less than 7 wins and I'm screaming for his head, not necessarily because this team is good enough to go 8-8, but when you're involved with drafting, acting as the OC, and tasked with staffing the coordinators and you suck 2 years in a row we might as well pull the plug and get someone a little more experienced in here to take advantage of the small window where Joe's rookie contract makes success more likely for our franchise.

Right.

If Zac puts his neck out there as the play caller and flails I want him gone.

The guy basically leapfrogged other coaches that have much more experience at the NFL level... and NO I'm not talking about other ex HCs or OCs even for that matter.

I'm talking about coaches that have actually succeeded at calling plays even at the college level for crap's sake.

He was hired for his big beautiful NFL brain.

I want to see smart plays and play calling.

If they look like a brainless team with no imagination... he's done in my book.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lucky for Taylor, if we draft Burrow, he's going to be riding off Burrow's success rather than the other way around.

IMO, Taylor isn't even at the level of Marvin's mediocrity yet. He's still got A LOT to prove.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 01:39 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: The play-caller thing is the least of my concerns. That's a relatively easy fix by just getting someone else in. I don't see him as the long-term play-caller anyway.

What I want to see is progress.

Also, Tobin is far more on the hotseat than Taylor.

Don’t think Tobin is on the hot seat at all. If anything he’s close to being given even more power when Mike isn’t around anymore.

As far as just letting someone else call plays, Taylor is not going to give it up willingly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 09:13 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Lucky for Taylor, if we draft Burrow, he's going to be riding off Burrow's success rather than the other way around.

IMO, Taylor isn't even at the level of Marvin's mediocrity yet. He's still got A LOT to prove.

We just watched Mahommes win the MVP and then SB after being put in a great system on a winning team and developing him behind a starting caliber vet.  We are going to put Burrow into a preseason quality offensive system on a 2-14 team with a dunce HC and give him Ryan Finley to learn from.

The NFL is a copycat league, they say.  Good luck to Burrow.  I'm already on his side. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We just watched Mahommes win the MVP and then SB after being put in a great system on a winning team and developing him behind a starting caliber vet.  We are going to put Burrow into a preseason quality offensive system on a 2-14 team with a dunce HC and give him Ryan Finley to learn from.

The NFL is a copycat league, they say.  Good luck to Burrow.  I'm already on his side. 

Well, unfortunately the time to take a QB and let him sit was a few years ago. We shouldn’t have waited so long.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, unfortunately the time to take a QB and let him sit was a few years ago. We shouldn’t have waited so long.

True.  I have faith in Burrow but it's hard watching Mahommes win it all while watching the Bears looking to move on from Trubisky and realizing when they took him they hadn't had a winning season in 5 years and gave him a HC who went 3-13 the year before. 

Are we going to go into 2021 saying it's Burrow's rookie year technically because we have a new HC and anyone has to be better that ZT? Stay tuned!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 06:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He doubled their total wins his first season. He made the team objectively better. Essentially, you’re asking me would I fire a coach after one season for improving the team? My answer is no. Honestly, I don’t think most reasonable people would even ask that question it’s such a no brainer. But, your reputation precedes you so I’m not surprised you would.

I think some geniuses who know coaching should  get MB on speed dial. Its their fault we haven't won a playoff game all these years keeping all their infinite wisdom to themselves. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 11:25 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:   I think some geniuses who know coaching should  get MB on speed dial. Its their fault we haven't won a playoff game all these years keeping all their infinite wisdom to themselves. 

Is this the same Mike Brown who passed on HoF HC Bill Cowher so he could hire steakhouse manager Dave Shula?  You know, I think he could probably learn something from even the dumbest fan.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t think Tobin is on the hot seat at all. If anything he’s close to being given even more power when Mike isn’t around anymore.

As far as just letting someone else call plays, Taylor is not going to give it up willingly.

When I said Tobin is in the hot seat that was from my perspective (in an what would you do thread), not the Bengals'.

I think Taylor would give up play-calling if he thought it was in the teams' best interest. If things aren't working then that would be an obvious thing to look at.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 11:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this the same Mike Brown who passed on HoF HC Bill Cowher so he could hire steakhouse manager Dave Shula?  You know, I think he could probably learn something from even the dumbest fan.

Well I am probably not as smart as the average bear but it's obvious where he wants to win. In his bank account.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 10:22 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Well I am probably not as smart as the average bear but it's obvious where he wants to win. In his bank account.

He owns the 30th most valuable franchise in the NFL.  The Patriots are worth more than double the value of the Bengals and Robert Kraft skyrocketed their value since he purchased the team.

If his goal is to build brand value and increase the size of his bank account he's doing it wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He owns the 30th most valuable franchise in the NFL.  The Patriots are worth more than double the value of the Bengals and Robert Kraft skyrocketed their value since he purchased the team.

If his goal is to build brand value and increase the size of his bank account he's doing it wrong. 

As successful as the Steelers are they are 14th in value. The Giants are #3 and the Jets are #8.  Market size is probably the biggest factor in team value. The worth of something doesn't matter until you are ready to sell. You think old Mikey is going to sell his cash cow?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 10:22 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Well I am probably not as smart as the average bear but it's obvious where he wants to win. In his bank account.

that's why he sells the naming rights to his stadium every year for millions correct?
Reply/Quote
If Burrow does indeed get drafted by the Bengals Taylor will be on the clock. Especially if the Bengals turn down massive offers from other teams to take Burrow. If the Bengals start out like they did last year then he will probably be fired by mid season. With all the hype, Zac is going to have a lot prove if Burrow is drafted. I imagine the leash will be fairly short.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 03:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's why he sells the naming rights to his stadium every year for millions correct?

Forbes has the team valued at 2 billion in 2020. The value raised 11% in the last year. If it grows the same next year that will be like earning 220 million dollars in value. Tell me again why the fans and even non fans had to pay for his stadium? Tell me again why he can't put a good product on the field? It really sux being so vested as a fan when the owners are not committed to wining. I need to stop . This is the time of year I'm supposed to positive. Wait I am positive. I am positive MB will do the same as the year before. Being a Bengals fan is like the movie Groundhog Day.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 02:49 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  As successful as the Steelers are they are 14th in value. The Giants are #3 and the Jets are #8.  Market size is probably the biggest factor in team value. The worth of something doesn't matter until you are ready to sell. You think old Mikey is going to sell his cash cow?

The Green Bay Packers, with their smallest market size in the NFL, are ranked 13th in value.
Reply/Quote
I'd say that Taylor would have more support from the fanbase if he didn't have a coaching staff full of his underwhelming buddies or inexperienced pals.

Oh well he got what we got from MB.

A hand full of shit.

He just got the shit he was familiar with.

Maybe slurping up the crypt keeper's mighty wisdom got him a first class ticket on the lazy train.

Lazy, but that's how it goes
Hundreds of people still see my Bengals
Maybe it's not too late,
to sell those hot dogs
Left over from Sunday?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 05:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Green Bay Packers, with their smallest market size in the NFL, are ranked 13th in value.

And your point is? Green Bay may be the smallest city but their market is all of Wisconsin.
Reply/Quote