Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huber vs Chrisman-Huber won
The battle is still neck and neck. Apparently, Drue kicks it further but Kevin kicks with better direction and finesse. Both have been equally solid in holding during pre-season. Darrin Simmons believes that line and direction is a developable skill.

Do you go with the old familiar hand knowing he's going to shank some and won't get you as far downtown? Or choose your newbie who can be counted on when you have the field to kick through but might be a wildcard in keeping it out of the endzone or away from a dangerous returner.

My opinion, if the team is past the midfield paint then McPherson is going to be out there most of the time not the punter. Kevin has been solid for many years, but this team would benefit more by the stronger leg.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Give me the young buck. Time to move on. Big leg go boom.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 02:36 PM)pally Wrote: The battle is still neck and neck.  Apparently, Drue kicks it further but Kevin kicks with better direction and finesse.  Both have been equally solid in holding during pre-season.  Darrin Simmons believes that line and direction is a developable skill.

Do you go with the old familiar hand knowing he's going to shank some and won't get you as far downtown?  Or choose your newbie who can be counted on when you have the field to kick through but might be a wildcard in keeping it out of the endzone or away from a dangerous returner.

My opinion, if the team is past the midfield paint then McPherson is going to be out there most of the time not the punter.  Kevin has been solid for many years, but this team would benefit more by the stronger leg.

Id Roll With Huber with Chrisman on Stand by.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 02:36 PM)pally Wrote: The battle is still neck and neck.  Apparently, Drue kicks it further but Kevin kicks with better direction and finesse.  Both have been equally solid in holding during pre-season.  Darrin Simmons believes that line and direction is a developable skill.

Do you go with the old familiar hand knowing he's going to shank some and won't get you as far downtown?  Or choose your newbie who can be counted on when you have the field to kick through but might be a wildcard in keeping it out of the endzone or away from a dangerous returner.

My opinion, if the team is past the midfield paint then McPherson is going to be out there most of the time not the punter.  Kevin has been solid for many years, but this team would benefit more by the stronger leg.

Very interesting. I guess my main concern is with whom McPherson is comfortable as the holder. If he is equally comfortable, then I wouldn't mind seeing someone new get a chance. But having Clark Harris to Huber to McPherson has been Money in the bank.
Reply/Quote
I love Huber, but at some point you have to get younger even if it takes some developing.

I think it may be time for Huber to lose his job, but not because he isn’t worthy of kicking in the nfl
Reply/Quote
I was watching the BLEAV bengals podcast with Solomon Wilcotts and Pacman Jones and Jones was not a huge fan of Crisman's punting in that Giants game. He said they didn't have nearly enough hang time and he didn't force a single fair catch. He said a punter making the tackle isn't a good thing haha.

I think Pacman knows the punting game, so I kind of hope we stick with Huber. It sounds like Chrisman hits line drives that could result in big returns because the coverage unit isn't given enough time to get to the return man.
Reply/Quote
If Evan is happy with the holding, then go with the young guy, but I would take a better holder and lesser leg when you are talking about holding for a guy who will be attempting kicks in the 55-60 yard range.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It seems like they're even. The fan in me would like to see Huber get a ring. But if I was building a team I'd go with the younger player if it's a push on the quality of the player.
Reply/Quote
The more progress your offense makes down the field, the less important power becomes and the more important control becomes. So from that angle Huber might still be a better choice due to us having a stacked offense.
Reply/Quote
Huber is 37 years old.
He's real close to hangin 'em up.
If Huber was relatively ahead of Chrisman, I'd say stick with Huber with a plan to replace him next year or the one after that.

But with Chrisman being solid and younger (25), he could turn into the next franchise punter for the next 10 years.

Let's see how they do in Preseason Game 3, but I'm leaning Chrisman right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 03:19 PM)treee Wrote: The more progress your offense makes down the field, the less important power becomes and the more important control becomes. So from that angle Huber might still be a better choice due to us having a stacked offense.

bingo

shocking how many ppl on this board arent using this logic, they just want the new unproven thing
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 03:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Huber is 37 years old.
If Huber was relatively ahead of Chrisman, I'd say stick with Huber with a plan to replace him next year or the one after that.

But with Chrisman being solid and younger (25), he could turn into the next franchise punter for the next 10 years.

These are my thoughts exactly. If they are basically even, go with the younger guy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 04:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: These are my thoughts exactly. If they are basically even, go with the younger guy.

I wouldn't mind a Cincinnati kid through and through having the Bengals record for most games played but only if he deserves to keep the job.
Reply/Quote
Time to move on. Chrisman.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 03:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Huber is 37 years old.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

except am leaning toward it still being closer to even right now with McPhearson's opinion being the tiebreaker

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 04:27 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

except am leaning toward it still being closer to even right now with McPhearson's opinion being the tiebreaker

With this Offense and Potentially improved OL    I doubt we need to many full field punts and Touch will likely be the most important factor.

Who is dropping them in the 20 or 10
Reply/Quote

Good Punters are hard to come by and if this young fella Chrisman is battling neck and neck with the greatest Bengal Punter
of all time and has a bigger leg I think it is time to go youth. Same with Adomitis at LS over Clark Harris. These guys had great
careers but this seems like a seamless transition and you need to make it while you have it.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 03:19 PM)treee Wrote: The more progress your offense makes down the field, the less important power becomes and the more important control becomes. So from that angle Huber might still be a better choice due to us having a stacked offense.

This is true as well. But that doesn't mean Chrisman cannot learn how to pin Offense's deep inside the 10 either.

All I know is I don't want Huber falling off a cliff on us in the middle of a season and we lose this young, talented guy 
cause of what you say here Treee. Huber like Ocho said is 37 years old, that is old for a Punter man. He has had a great
career here, I think it is time to move on while we have a guy that might transition well, same with LS.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is true as well. But that doesn't mean Chrisman cannot learn how to pin Offense's deep inside the 10 either.

you guys say this crap like it's super easy to do lol
Reply/Quote

(08-25-2022, 03:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: bingo

shocking how many ppl on this board arent using this logic, they just want the new unproven thing

(08-25-2022, 04:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With this Offense and Potentially improved OL    I doubt we need to many full field punts and Touch will likely be the most important factor.

Who is dropping them in the 20 or 10

All of these are what I was thinking but then I thought, "if we're close enough for Huber to pin them inside the 10 with directional kicks, wouldn't we be close enough for McPherson to kick a field goal?" 

If he's hitting from 65, that means getting to the 48, and Huber only averages 46 per punt. It almost might be worth it to try to improve Chrisman's accuracy so that, in the rare instance that we don't get too far downfield, Chrisman can pin them deep.
Reply/Quote