Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson
Hue Jackson, in my opinion, has been a bad play caller/ game planner all year. I think he maybe one of the more overrated coaches in the league.

Im getting a little tired of his crazy formations, splitting Whit out wide only to run the ball when your best offensive lineman isnt even on the line. How does that make sense? Why do screen passes to Fisher, an offensive lineman, when you have a guy like Bernard who is leaps and bounds more of a play maker? I just don't get it.

Hue is getting too cute. He is trying to trick his opponent when we should just be lining up and letting our skill guys, who are some of the best in the league, do their job. 2nd and goal at the 4 and we do a little shuffle pass play? Really? Line up your guy and run the damn ball. Have some faith in your players.

Andy went out of the game yesterday and what do we do? Pass the ball 3 straight times. Why not lean on the run at that point? Even when we do run, why are we continuing to lean on Hill? Its OBVIOUS that Gio has been a significantly better runner than hill this year and can do so much more, yet he has gotten a fraction of the touches lately. Are we afraid to hurt Hill's feelings?

I'm just getting tired of it. We talk all the time about how "talented" this team is, yet we do some bullshit on offense where we don't even get our best players involved. C'mon Hue.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The emphasis needs to be running the ball, esp potential bad weather games in Denver, Home against the Ravens and any playoff games......

Need to get Gio more involved and a healthy Eifert back.

The world is not coming to an end, our biggest need right now is to get our defense healthy.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Much like Gruden's last half of the season, Hue is coaching for a HC position (which is always bad for an offense) and is coaching to impress. We needed a tough in your face power running game plan against the Steelers. We got the cute look at how creative I am play calling that gets you noticed for HC positions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hue Jackson, in my opinion, has been a bad play caller/ game planner all year. I think he maybe one of the more overrated coaches in the league.

Im getting a little tired of his crazy formations, splitting Whit out wide only to run the ball when your best offensive lineman isnt even on the line. How does that make sense? Why do screen passes to Fisher, an offensive lineman, when you have a guy like Bernard who is leaps and bounds more of a play maker? I just don't get it.

Hue is getting too cute. He is trying to trick his opponent when we should just be lining up and letting our skill guys, who are some of the best in the league, do their job. 2nd and goal at the 4 and we do a little shuffle pass play? Really? Line up your guy and run the damn ball. Have some faith in your players.

Andy went out of the game yesterday and what do we do? Pass the ball 3 straight times. Why not lean on the run at that point? Even when we do run, why are we continuing to lean on Hill? Its OBVIOUS that Gio has been a significantly better runner than hill this year and can do so much more, yet he has gotten a fraction of the touches lately. Are we afraid to hurt Hill's feelings?

I'm just getting tired of it. We talk all the time about how "talented" this team is, yet we do some bullshit on offense where we don't even get our best players involved. C'mon Hue.
I'm with ya.  The "trick" plays aren't really trick plays when you do them often enough that the defense is expecting them.  Just get back to basics.  I know you have to mix things up, but you can get too cute.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hue Jackson, in my opinion, has been a bad play caller/ game planner all year. I think he maybe one of the more overrated coaches in the league.

I have to agree. All is I hear is the Bengals are one of the most talented teams in the NFL, yet we feel we have to fool people on offense while our defense is very predictable lining up and letting the players make plays. I like some of the crap used when the game is out of reach to give a future opponent something to worry about, but if our players are better let them prove it each game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It is certainly not good nor effective. Time to keep the Oline on the line.
Reply/Quote
Forcing the defense to move around is great. Then they have to spend all week trying to get to their zones from all over the place.
Reply/Quote
"Hue Jackson, in my opinion, has been a bad play caller/ game planner all year".

Just not true. The results speak for themselves.

Reply/Quote
#4 in the NFL in offensive TDs per game.

#6 in total offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:55 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: "Hue Jackson, in my opinion, has been a bad play caller/ game planner all year".

the thing we dont know is the success rate on Hue called Plays vs plays Dalton has changed at the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:55 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: "Hue Jackson, in my opinion, has been a bad play caller/ game planner all year".

Frankly I am a little tired of hearing how good this team is. They have lost 3 of last 4 games. This is a typical Marvy Lewis team - good against lower level teams but pathetic against real contender teams. Enough with the hype!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:27 PM)Derrick Wrote: Frankly I am a little tired of hearing how good this team is. They have lost 3 of last 4 games. This is a typical Marvy Lewis team - good against lower level teams but pathetic against real contender teams. Enough with the hype!!!

2-2 in our last 4
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:27 PM)Derrick Wrote: Frankly I am a little tired of hearing how good this team is. They have lost 3 of last 4 games. This is a typical Marvy Lewis team - good against lower level teams but pathetic against real contender teams. Enough with the hype!!!

It's not hype. The team is 10-3 and has played great. And if you are tired of hearing how good this team is I worry for you, because it beats 20 years of laughter and disappointment. 

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the thing we dont know is the success rate on Hue called Plays vs plays Dalton has changed at the line of scrimmage.

Hilarious bs if I ever heard it.
Reply/Quote
Hue has gotten too cute or away from what works at times, but overall he has absolutely been a great game planner and play caller.
Like players, coaches have bad days too.

The screen to Gio inside the 10 on the INT was a silly play call from the get go.
The deep posts? Great play calls to expose a weak secondary with a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hue has gotten too cute or away from what works at times, but overall he has absolutely been a great game planner and play caller.

The screen to Gio inside the 10 on the INT was a silly play call from the get go.

I think Hue's biggest strength is how much of a "players coach" he is. I think he has done wonders for Dalton off the field and has helped Dalton grow exponentially as a quarterback. 

I am just not a huge fan of his in game decisions, his schemes, or the way he goes about attacking the other team at times. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think Hue's biggest strength is how much of a "players coach" he is. I think he has done wonders for Dalton off the field and has helped Dalton grow exponentially as a quarterback. 

I am just not a huge fan of his in game decisions, his schemes, or the way he goes about attacking the other team at times. 

I don't know how you could honestly think any of this. 
He's been great outside of one or two games in his game plans. 
Reply/Quote
Overall, I think he's done good. Our offense was solid.

My only complaint is the trick plays instead of just letting playmakers do something, but you're talking about little things here and there he's sprinkled in to see if they work, it's not like he's doing it every third down situation.

Unfortunately, we may see more of them now with Andy's injury. That's assumption on my part, but I don't see us throwing downfield as much as relying on the running game and screens to move the ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hue has gotten too cute or away from what works at times, but overall he has absolutely been a great game planner and play caller.

I agree that he is a great game planner, and at times a great play caller.

I agree with Weezy that he gets too cute at times - especially splitting out your best O-lineman on a running play.  Sure we'd all be happy if the RB finds a whole and goes for 20 yards.  But way too low percentage for me, and just invites the disdain of opposing defenses.

There's plenty of great stuff that he has developed.  But I think just going up tempo and getting them off balance is as far as he has to go.

And for the record, I don't believe he's doing this for a head coaching job.   Not that type of guy.
Reply/Quote
Overall, I believe Hue has done a fantastic job. I do feel there have been select times where we should have let our players talent and skill make plays, rather than try something "cute" and fail.
Reply/Quote