Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL
NFL.com did yet another list, this time of the best OC's.

Hue was ranked 4th

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498248/article/todd-haley-norv-turner-among-top-10-offensive-coordinators

Thought it was interesting, and I also pondered where Jay Gruden would be, if he were still the OC here.
Reply/Quote
With the backs we have and line in front of them, our offense should have no problems this year. If Hue can find a way to make the passing game more consistent, we should have one of the best offenses this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everybody around here agrees that our offense is very talented......but we all do not agree on why the offense isn't as productive as it could be.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:12 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Everybody around here agrees that our offense is very talented......but we all do not agree on why the offense isn't as productive as it could be.

Yep!!!  Hopefully this season is a little different.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:12 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Everybody around here agrees that our offense is very talented......but we all do not agree on why the offense isn't as productive as it could be.

Actually our offense is about as productive as it should be.  We have top ten talent, and when we are healthy we are a top 10 offense.  

We finished 6th in points scored in 2013.  That is about the level of our talent. 
Reply/Quote
I think that Tyler Efiert was going to be a MAJOR part of our offense this past year, just looking at how much he was targeted in his very little playing time this past year. Having him back healthy and playing a full season + having a healthy Marvin Jones back too makes this offense scary. Even with a weakened receiving core, Hue still put together a decent offense. I can't wait to see what he can do with a fully stocked supporting cast.
Reply/Quote
I was really pumped about Hue last season, I came away not super impressed ! Ya I know injuries and blah, blah. I'm hoping this year is different and believe it will be.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually our offense is about as productive as it should be.  We have top ten talent, and when we are healthy we are a top 10 offense.  

We finished 6th in points scored in 2013.  That is about the level of our talent. 

Here are the rankings of our offense.

2014- 15th
2013- 10th
2012- 22nd

That is about as average as you can get. Every team has injuries so you could make the case for other teams to be ranked higher or lower as well. Bottom line we have an average offense over the past 3 seasons yet the talent level on offense is top 5 besides the QB.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 01:50 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Here are the rankings of our offense.

2014- 15th
2013- 10th
2012- 22nd

That is about as average as you can get. Every team has injuries so you could make the case for other teams to be ranked higher or lower as well. Bottom line we have an average offense over the past 3 seasons yet the talent level on offense is top 5 besides the QB.
 Fair enough if you are going to ignore injuries as a reason for failure or success?

Why did our defense fall from 4th (2013 regular season) to 22nd (2015) in one year? Would you agree while the offense has been much more consistent, the defense had a major melt down in 2014?

Would you agree our defensive rankings in the post season (compared to the regular season rankings) dropped off all 4 playoff, the same as they did for our offense and our QB?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  Fair enough if you are going to ignore injuries as a reason for failure or success?

Why did our defense fall from 4th (2013 regular season) to 22nd (2015) in one year? Would you agree while the offense has been much more consistent, the defense had a major melt down in 2014?

Would you agree our defensive rankings in the post season (compared to the regular season rankings) dropped off all 4 playoff, the same as they did for our offense and our QB?

The defense didn't play well in 2014. I'd be the first to admit that. I think much of that might have to do with the brains of the defense Zimmer leaving.  Under Zimmer our defense was always a strength.

Besides that our defense has always been considered to overachieve while the offense has been the polar opposite. So much talent yet not enough production.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 02:09 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Besides that our defense has always been considered to overachieve while the offense has been the polar opposite. So much talent yet not enough production.

When did the offense ever "underachieve" compared to the talent we had?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 02:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: When did the offense ever "underachieve" compared to the talent we had?

Well maybe underachieve is too strong of a word. I think we can do better on offense without question.
Reply/Quote

2014- 15th
2013- 10th
2012- 22nd

Is that all on the QB's shoulders or could some of it be on the playcalling?

I think it's a bit of both. Especially with injuries.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

2014- 15th
2013- 10th
2012- 22nd

We have never had a season where our offensive talent has been top 5. In 2013 I could argue bottom of top 10, and that's pushing it considering we had a crap run game (we had the 8th best passing offense too). 2015 Will be the first year we have good receivers and a good run game.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 03:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 2015 Will be the first year we have good receivers and a good run game.

Too bad we still won't have a good QB to go along with that Ninja
Reply/Quote
Not sold on Hue yet. The Colts (and a couple other teams) looked like they had a copy of our playbook. It's hard for a layman like myself to tell, but I wonder if our offense was a bit predictable last year, or perhaps we had too many "tells". Either way, the Colts were always in the correct spots to stop our offense, as were a couple other teams.

It was Hue's first season though, so hopefully there are no games like that this year. He did a good job with the run, although I wonder if that's more thanks to Jeremy Hill than Hue.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 02:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: When did the offense ever "underachieve" compared to the talent we had?

Are you looking at the season as a whole?  Because I've certainly seen this offense look like putrid garbage more than 0 times.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 04:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you looking at the season as a whole?  Because I've certainly seen this offense look like putrid garbage more than 0 times.

You can look at almost any offense and show a few games here or there where they didn't play well. Going by the whole season is the best way to see if the offense has under/over preformed.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 04:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sold on Hue yet. The Colts (and a couple other teams) looked like they had a copy of our playbook. It's hard for a layman like myself to tell, but I wonder if our offense was a bit predictable last year, or perhaps we had too many "tells". Either way, the Colts were always in the correct spots to stop our offense, as were a couple other teams.

It was Hue's first season though, so hopefully there are no games like that this year. He did a good job with the run, although I wonder if that's more thanks to Jeremy Hill than Hue.

This is the boat that I'm in. I make no lies when I say that I was ecstatic when we promoted Hue to OC, but it was definitely deflating this year. Like you said, the Colts seemed to know our playbook better than we did. The TNF Cleveland game also comes to mind. One of the things that blew me away was Hue's reaction to his bad games. His reactions seemed that he wasn't the OC of that game. It didn't hit him that the team was bad until the game was over. Did he really not feel like adjustments needed to be made?

Also, his act with Hill got old real quick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Not sold on the praise just yet. We'll see for sure after this year. As for last year, you can't credit him for developing Dalton any. Certainly wasn't better than Gruden. Who I had a hand in prematurely celebrating his departure. Until he can have our offense blowing teams out like it did in 13, I remain skeptical. This is a big year for the offense. I think they'll produce. They are going to have to let Dalton throw. A dominant run game is fine, but we have too many receiving options. Look at the first quarter of the season last season. Dalton came out throwing. To the point I was wondering if I was watching Gruden.

We're going to have to find a way to run the ball and dominate teams on the ground. And we will. We could have last season while throwing the ball around if we would have started Hill (but there's truth to him taking himself off the field some early, so he may not have been ready, remember the last preseason game against the Colts they seemed to run him to the ground for no apparent reason).

Hue's got to find a way to get the passing game relevant again, this year is big for Dalton too so they might as well take the handcuffs off of him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote