Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hue to Cleveland finalizing
(01-13-2016, 03:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Ego is powerful. They offered him a ton of control SF and NY wouldn't. 

Yes, which is going to make the power struggle fantastic. 

That is pure speculation. Stop trying to pass it off like its fact. Plus, he never even interviewed with NY. So its impossible to say NY wouldnt give him that.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
What does turn it around mean? You're basically talking about 3rd place. Unless you think the Steelers, who just beat us in the playoffs (cheating, of course) are going to give up a playoff spot.

Brownies going nowhere in this division.

Apparently Hue didn't even visit the Giants yet, instead accepting the Browns offer.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That is pure speculation. Stop trying to pass it off like its fact. Plus, he never even interviewed with NY. So its impossible to say NY wouldnt give him that.

Jerry Reese wouldn't give up control to Coughlin. Why would he to Hue?

SF flat out said they weren't giving him full control. 

Reports were out Cleveland was offering him full personnel control. 
Reply/Quote
Wow bummer.
One of the last places I wanted one of our coaches to go to. It seems to never work out well there for any coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So, who do you think becomes our OC?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Jerry Reese wouldn't give up control to Coughlin. Why would he to Hue?

SF flat out said they weren't giving him full control. 

Reports were out Cleveland was offering him full personnel control. 

Actually NFL Network reported that he will not have full personnel control...
Reply/Quote
Not sure why he would want to go to Cleveland but that is the same thing everyone said about Marvin when he came here.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: AJM to Cleveland trades talks start .........

He didn't seem too effusive in his "praise" of McCarron in any interviews i ever heard.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Gotta wonder what the hell he is thinking. How are you going to pick the Browns over the 49ers and the Giants?

Full personnel control is key. He would never get that with the Giants or 49ers.

Plus the Browns have to do this to get a decent coach.
Reply/Quote
Let's not forget that the Browns have a decent defense and good special teams. Their biggest issue is offense and that's due to, among other things, lack of quality QB play. Look at 2 years ago. They had a decent QB in Hoyer and were fighting for a playoff spot.

If Hue either finds a good QB or can work magic with Manziel, the Browns could vie for 2nd place in the division.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That is pure speculation. Stop trying to pass it off like its fact. Plus, he never even interviewed with NY. So its impossible to say NY wouldnt give him that.

Then it's also impossible to say he should have picked NY over Cleveland right?  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Ego is powerful. They offered him a ton of control SF and NY wouldn't. 

Yes, which is going to make the power struggle fantastic. 

And imagine if he is the guy who can finally turn it all around... not to mention the $25-30 million his contract will guarantee him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: AJM to Cleveland trades talks start .........

For a 1st and a 2nd round !!

Hilarious

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He didn't seem too effusive in his "praise" of McCarron in any interviews i ever heard.

If AJM is better than any of the middle of the road Qb prospects this year then they can beef up the lack of talent on offense they have in the draft with their high picks. Much like the bengals did by avoiding Gabbert in round 1.
Reply/Quote
I just hope he doesnt pluck Marvin Jones away from us.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's not forget that the Browns have a decent defense and good special teams. Their biggest issue is offense and that's due to, among other things, lack of quality QB play. Look at 2 years ago. They had a decent QB in Hoyer and were fighting for a playoff spot.

If Hue either finds a good QB or can work magic with Manziel, the Browns could vie for 2nd place in the division.

The Browns were 27th in the league this year in total defense. Their entire team was a mess, as well was their organization.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Browns were 27th in the league this year in total defense. Their entire team was a mess, as well was their organization.

I coulda swore they were middle of the pack on defense. Hmm
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good luck, Hue.

But with that job, don't be too quick to unpack.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:15 PM)Emphasis Wrote: So, who do you think becomes our OC?

Get Lane Kiffen on the phone!  He's a terrible head coach and an arrogant a$$ but he's a brilliant offensive mind and can flat call a game (outside of the one blown call that changed the tide of the game against Ohio State last year).  Hue is a good OC but far from a great one...some of his play calling and personnel on the field at times really left me scratching my head.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/mikesilver/status/687341973766709248

Marvin approached hue with a succession plan as a last ditch push to keep him.
Reply/Quote