Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hue to Cleveland finalizing
(01-13-2016, 07:41 PM)McC Wrote: I was just responding to you insinuating people wouldn't want to work here.  I did not get into all that other stuff.

I'm not saying people "don't" want to work here, but I can see why people wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity for a promotion just to remain with the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cleveland got a pretty good coach in Hue Jackson. Seems like one of there better head coaching picks, at least compared to the previous coaches.

I wish Hue all the best in Cleveland, unless he is playing against Cincinnati!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying people "don't" want to work here, but I can see why people wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity for a promotion just to remain with the Bengals.

If it was anybody but the Browns, nobody would have said a thing. 

Someone mentioned how well he knows the Bengals but the Bengals know him pretty well two.  His team is fourth in a three team race.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:48 PM)magikod Wrote: I wish Hue all the best in Cleveland, unless he is playing against Cincinnati!

He is dead to us now. May he crash and burn and take the browns further down as he does so.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: He is dead to us now. May he crash and burn and take the browns further down as he does so.

It's such a major task and that owner is such  a giant hindrance.

And yes, kick his ass twice a year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
We all hate Cleveland - right?

Wouldn't play or coach for them if you held a gun to our heads - right?

The only bright spot in Cleveland is when the river catches fire - right?

It's possible a couple/few things are being under estimated here. Hue was destined to become a head coach again, and given what I've seen from his personality, it couldn't happen quick enough. He's type A plus, who bores easily. You could see that in some of the plays he called imho. My guess is that Marvin's 'succession plan' extends beyond next year, though he has yet to get an extension beyond then. Be patient as I think that will likely happen.

As for choosing Cleveland over the rest of potential opportunities, my life experience tells me only two things would be needed to keep Hue from taking his flight to NY today. Money and power, and not just one of the two. I'd be willing to bet someone's left nut that they made him an offer he couldn't refuse w/o feeling stupid for doing so. He's been given a chance to build 'his' team, and earn an amount of money that took the guesswork out of being financially set for the rest of his life.

Just a hunch, though.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:52 PM)McC Wrote: If it was anybody but the Browns, nobody would have said a thing. 

Someone mentioned how well he knows the Bengals but the Bengals know him pretty well two.  His team is fourth in a three team race.

Well, I'd rather mop the floors for the Bengals than be the HC in Cleveland, but not everyone shares my fear of new challenges.  Some guys just want to take the next step.  Backup QBs want to be starters, OCs and DCs want to be HCs...so on and so forth.

Me?  I'd be happy to sit the bench and get a paycheck, but that loser attitude is why I don't even get to sit the bench. Otherwise every player on the Browns would be dying to sit the bench in New England.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:58 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: 'd be willing to bet someone's left nut that they made him an offer he couldn't refuse w/o feeling stupid for doing so. He's been given a chance to build 'his' team, and earn an amount of money that took the guesswork out of being financially set for the rest of his life.

So were the last 5 other browns coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:58 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We all hate Cleveland - right?

Wouldn't play or coach for them if you held a gun to our heads - right?

The only bright spot in Cleveland is when the river catches fire - right?

It's possible a couple/few things are being under estimated here. Hue was destined to become a head coach again, and given what I've seen from his personality, it couldn't happen quick enough. My guess is that Marvin's 'succession plan' extends beyond next year, though he has yet to get an extension beyond then. Be patient as I think that will likely happen.

As for choosing Cleveland over the rest of potential opportunities, my life experience tells me only two things would be needed to keep Hue from taking his flight to NY today. Money and power, and not just one of the two. I'd be willing to bet someone's left nut that they made him an offer he couldn't refuse w/o feeling stupid for doing so. He's been given a chance to build 'his' team, and earn an amount of money that took the guesswork out of being financially set for the rest of his life.

Just a hunch, though.
This or something very close to it.  

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: So were the last 5 other browns coaches.

The last 5 Browns HC's (well, we shall see where Pettine lands) are all coordinators now.  I realize we like to believe Hue is selling out his golden ticket for stardom in Cincy for 1 year as the Browns HC and then he will be thrown into the gutter forever, but it might not be the case. I'll let you know my prognosis when I see if the Browns draft yet another QB that has zero chance of being good ala Weeden/Manziel.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize we like to believe Hue is selling out his golden ticket for stardom in Cincy for 1 year as the Browns HC and then he will be thrown into the gutter forever, but it might not be the case.

It will be the case. He would have been better off going to literally any other NFL franchise.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: It will be the case. He would have been better off going to literally any other NFL franchise.

I sincerely doubt Hue chose the Browns over another franchise...if he did, well...damn.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: So were the last 5 other browns coaches.

That might be, but I think Hue is the best of the lot at this point. If he does get the control he wanted, I'm not going to be surprised to see positive results in the near future. I'm just hoping we flatten them like Burfict on PigBen.

Like I said, it's just a hunch.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I sincerely doubt Hue chose the Browns over another franchise...if he did, well...damn.

He interviewed for the niners, and was scheduled (or cancelled) his interview for the giants. So either he is stupid, or not as good a coach as people thing if others werent offering the job.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:15 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: That might be, but I think Hue is the best of the lot at this point. If he does get the control he wanted, I'm not going to be surprised to see positive results in the near future. I'm just hoping we flatten them like Burfict on PigBen.

Like I said, it's just a hunch.

Haven't you heard the naysayers around here?  Hue is going to go there, make the offense "too cute" and possibly trade 2 1st rounders for Carson Palmer.  Except he might actually be worth it this time.

(01-13-2016, 08:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: He interviewed for the niners, and was scheduled (or cancelled) his interview for the giants. So either he is stupid, or not as good a coach as people thing if others werent offering the job.

Meh, he was probably "Rooney-ruled" into those spots.  Nothing against Hue, but he's had 1 shot at being a HC and it wasn't pretty.  The guy is probably taking the Browns job out of optimistic desperation. That or he's glad the Browns are moving on from their lousy QB and the 49ers aren't. It might actually be wiser to take the Browns job and some sort of choice at a new QB than the 49ers job which involves revitalizing Gabbert and/or Kapernick while battling 2 of the best teams in the NFL.

Either way, Hue is going into a mess and a likely 3rd place ceiling.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Cleveland is that bad of a destination for Hue, their defense was legit before the concussions to their entire secondary and the oline is a good unit. They have a TE threat in Barnidge and if Gordon is due back next season (and can stay clean big "if" i know) a #1 WR. They do have a tough division, but it is still easier looking than if you had Seattle, Arizona, and St. Louis with much less talent on your roster.

Outside of Money and power, maybe it had to do with moving his family. Cleveland is close enough not to have to uproot and move.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Cleveland was Hue's first and only offer. He obviously wanted to be a head coach again. Good for the Browns for getting a good coach.

Now we will see if Haslam is Haslam. If he is then hue will be gone in 2 years . If not and they listen to him then they have a chance to be respectable.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cleveland was Hue's first and only offer.  He obviously wanted to be a head coach again.    Good for the Browns for getting a good coach.  

Now we will see if Haslam is Haslam.  If he is then hue will be gone in 2 years .   If not and they listen to him then they have a chance to be respectable.

Yeah, I have to doubt the idea that Hue took the Browns over other HC offers.  However, this may be the first time the Browns got their first choice at HC rather than the 7th or 8th choice that brought the last few bums there.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I have to doubt the idea that Hue took the Browns over other HC offers.  However, this may be the first time the Browns got their first choice at HC rather than the 7th or 8th choice that brought the last few bums there.

I actually think Gase was their top choice. But Hue was 1a probably
Reply/Quote
Hue about to have a news conference. He'll be targeting free agents. Especially the Bengals IMO.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote