Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hue to Cleveland finalizing
Just saw this tweet:

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 3m3 minutes ago
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis approached Hue with a last-ditch proposal to keep him in Cinci, with succession plan. They are very close...

Wow.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
One thing's for sure.....Johnny Douchebag will shape up, or ship out.

Good luck to Hue, except for twice a year.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I coulda swore they were middle of the pack on defense. Hmm

Lol they had the talent and were supposed to be good but....they just werent. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just saw this tweet:

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver  3m3 minutes ago
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis approached Hue with a last-ditch proposal to keep him in Cinci, with succession plan. They are very close...

Wow.

One can reasonably assume that Marvin wants to give it one final shot in 2016 then move on.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He didn't seem too effusive in his "praise" of McCarron in any interviews i ever heard.

Seeing Hue and McCarron sort of suit up as the "2nd Banana Bengals-Browns" would be interesting, but they'll probably keep McCown and have him mentor the next QB they draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:39 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: One can reasonably assume that Marvin wants to give it one final shot in 2016 then move on.

Thats what is seems like. Marvin either rides off into the sunset with a super bowl or the Bengals decide not to extend him after next year. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Thats what is seems like. Marvin either rides off into the sunset with a super bowl or the Bengals decide not to extend him after next year. 

If he wouldn't be extended then Mike Brown would have possibly made that move now. I think this is more marvin riding off and wanting to keep the team in good hands.
Reply/Quote
If they wanted to keep Hue they should have done this in Sunday. Sometimes this team doesn't think
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If he wouldn't be extended then Mike Brown would have possibly made that move now.     I think this is more marvin riding off and wanting to keep the team in good hands.

Which makes me wonder who those "good hands" belong to after next year, if that is indeed Marvin's last year. Not so sure I'd want it to be Guenther. And it's not likely going to be Zimmer or Hue or Vance. This doesn't look like it's going play out to be a smooth transition (at the risk of getting ahead of myself).
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Dead to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
See my Michael Silver thread. Bengals offering Jackson successor plan, to take HC job, maybe in 2017?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:54 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Which makes me wonder who those "good hands" belong to after next year, if that is indeed Marvin's last year. Not so sure I'd want it to be Guenther. And it's not likely going to be Zimmer or Hue or Vance. This doesn't look like it's going play out to be a smooth transition (at the risk of getting ahead of myself).

Means that marvin isn't going anywhere.    And also means that marvin was so close to hue and wanted him to have a good job so badly he was ready to give up his own.

Speaks more about marvin character than anything else imo.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Means that marvin isn't going anywhere.    And also means that marvin was so close to hue and wanted him to have a good job so badly he was ready to give up his own.

Speaks more about marvin character than anything else imo.

And you would give up 3 million and one last chance at a SB because you are such a great friend?  Just askin
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:16 PM)spazz70 Wrote: And you would give up 3 million and one last chance at a SB because you are such a great friend?  Just askin

And how good of a friend would Hue be to go to a division "rival"? 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:19 PM)bengals73 Wrote: And how good of a friend would Hue be to go to a division "rival"? 

So glad you brought this up this is the only thing I am TRULY concerned about... since they are in a our division it is not good Business for us.. to let him go there...  if it was 49ers ok but in Cleveland I am hesitant..  for sure.. Nice post.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just hope he doesnt pluck Marvin Jones away from us.

Marvin Jones would have to want to go there.  What are the chances of that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:16 PM)spazz70 Wrote: And you would give up 3 million and one last chance at a SB because you are such a great friend?  Just askin

Who marvin? No .... But he acknowledges the value of keeping strong leadership. I am quite sure marvin will have some job within the club in some capacity until he is ready to stop working.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:33 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Good luck, Hue.

But with that job, don't be too quick to unpack.

Rent, don't buy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://twitter.com/mikesilver/status/687341973766709248

Marvin approached hue with a succession plan as a last ditch push to keep him.

Is this like the plan that was supposed to keep VJ here?

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:22 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin Jones would have to want to go there.  What are the chances of that?

Well, he would easily be their #1 WR...so the allure of that + the cap space they have.....
Reply/Quote