Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hue to Cleveland finalizing
(01-13-2016, 08:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Hue about to have a news conference. He'll be targeting free agents. Especially the Bengals IMO.

http://www.wkyc.com/videos/news/local/2013/11/05/3311833/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You've got to like Hue's attitude towards winning. Even in Cleveland.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Hue about to have a news conference. He'll be targeting free agents. Especially the Bengals IMO.

There's mistake number one--the FA quick fix.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Is it over? P
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Per Schefty.
Browns finalizing a deal to make Hue their HC

1. I can't wish him the best because it's a division rival.
2. Even if I did wish him the best... 9 coaches in 15 years... He'll be unemployed sometime before this time 2018.  Career killer.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
The situation in Cleveland makes HC's desperate men. That does not always end well.

They have to see the past history. And every coach who was fired in short order was undoubtedly told he would be given the time to turn it around. A lot of things would have been said in interviews that may or may not end up coming true. A meddling owner seldom goes away.

IMO, Hue is rolling the dice. But no matter what, though, his golden years just got filled with a bunch more green, and that's nothing to sneeze at.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 09:11 PM)McC Wrote: The situation in Cleveland makes HC's desperate men.  That does not always end well.

They have to see the past history.  And every coach who was fired in short order was undoubtedly told he would be given the time to turn it around.  A lot of things would have been said in interviews that may or may not end up coming true.  A meddling owner seldom goes away.

IMO, Hue is rolling the dice.  But no matter what, though, his golden years just got filled with a bunch more green, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

Like 200 yards a game vs the Browns... That Green right? Cool
Reply/Quote
Saw a bit of the press conference. One of the questions was how he felt about the analytics idea. He said that he was happy for the chance to be innovative. We'll see how that works out when the analytics are contradicting what he sees on tape and the owner has to make a call.

I wish Hue luck, except for two or three weeks of the year.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 09:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Like 200 yards a game vs the Browns... That Green right? Cool

Right on.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 09:17 PM)Roland Wrote: Saw a bit of the press conference.  One of the questions was how he felt about the analytics idea.   He said that he was happy for the chance to be innovative.  We'll see how that works out when the analytics are contradicting what he sees on tape and the owner has to make a call.

I wish Hue luck, except for two or three weeks of the year.

He will never bunt or steal, that much is sure.

Reply/Quote
Wow. That's kinda shocking. I wonder if they give him more than a year.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Gotta wonder what the hell he is thinking. How are you going to pick the Browns over the 49ers and the Giants?

49ers wanted him to keep Kaepernick and Hue didn't want him at QB.

I suspect the Giants will go for their current OC.

Johnny Boozer is now his problem. LOL

No way we send McCarron up there, not even for a 2nd round pick. Let that team draft their own QB, why would we help them get better?

Reply/Quote
Wish him the best. If anyone can turn Cleveland around, it's Hue.
People complaining but to be honest, can you blame him?

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 09:21 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Wow. That's kinda shocking. I wonder if they give him more than a year.

Two years is the going average up there.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 09:46 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Wish him the best. If anyone can turn Cleveland around, it's Hue.
People complaining but to be honest, can you blame him?

Can't blame him at all. He has to do what's right for himself and his family, and he'd just grow old waiting around here for Marvin to decided to walk away.

Having said that, since it's Cleveland, I hope the team continues to fail in the same comical fashion we've all come to know and love from the Factory of Sadness.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Good for Hue & good choice for the Browns. He needs to get Josh Gordon back in the fold there with a better back too.

I predict that with Hue up there, the AFC North will be the best division in football in 2016 barring injuries ala Ravens this year.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: God rest his soul. if that's his only option, I get it. But if he had any chance ANYWHERE else, he should have taken it.

Report: Bengals' Lewis proposed succession plan as last-ditch effort to keep Jackson http://www.thescore.com/news/935425

Sounds like staying here was an option.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its not really about the rosters. Its about the organizations. The Browns are the trash of trash when it comes to organization ineptitude. The Giants have a respectable organization and the 49ers have to be better than the Browns. The Giants also have a pretty decent roster. 

Giants have a weird GM who is stubborn and crappy at times. Plus, it isn't his roster and he may want to do something different than what they have there. Look at the 49ers front office. You can have great success and they will still fire you.

Hue gets to create his own team in Cleveland. He knows the division through and through. He has 1st round draft picks. Full control over everything.

Honestly. It's the best decision. He gets to build a team however he wants.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Kind of disappointed.  Most people know, if you fail HC on your 2nd chance, you're probably not going to get a 3rd.  He has a chance to stay one more year, try to win a superbowl and make him look even better.  But instead he goes to a division rival with one of the worst franchises in this era.  Who would want the Cleveland job unless you're really desperate. 
Reply/Quote
I love that the Browns are going with analitics because football and baseball are so similar. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote