Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge mistake to tag Tee
We do this every year. Half way through (hell after the first game) we lose our shit over the lines. When the draft comes everyone gets excited about this WR, RB etc. Want a good WR and RB, fix the damn line. Want the safeties to play better, fix the line. I hope we finally fix the lines this off season or Burrow will never make it a whole season. Please front office fix the damn lines.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 09:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes it has.

Their drafts have been D'Ante Smith, Jackson Carman, and Jonah Williams.
Two of those guys have done nothing.
Williams was alright.
Hart, Reiff, Collins, and Brown have been better than the likes of Smith and Carman.

La'el Collins will cost the Bengals 1.6m for 2024 which is more than D'Ante Smith lol. Just because these guys played and poorly I might add the Bengals spent several times the investment. They've spent what 28ish million in RTs since Bobby Hart? Here we are average at best RT play and the spot is open again...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 09:46 PM)Synric Wrote: La'el Collins will cost the Bengals 1.6m for 2024 which is more than D'Ante Smith lol. Just because these guys played and poorly I might add the Bengals spent several times the investment. They've spent what 28ish million in RTs since Bobby Hart? Here we are average at best RT play and the spot is open again...

So ready to move on from Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 09:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I hope we finally fix the lines this off season

Im not sure what they can do this offseason?  The free agents are not great and they did have the 5th highest paid oline in the NFL this season.  Something has to give sooner or later.

Reply/Quote
Was all for trading Tee last offseason when he had premium value, but hardly anybody agreed.

Still think it would have been the best move.

Yet that ship has sailed, not a fan of tagging and keeping if the team knows they will not sign him long term. Not sure players are happy when this happens and some seem to play to not get hurt during tagged year limiting their value to the team imo. Plus the fact the team would get nothing in return if doing so other than a 1 year rental.
Which if they knew he would play hard it may be still worth it, but there is no guarantee he will give 100% when he thinks he was low balled.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's not like they haven't tried to fix the oline. Two years agi we were all in on the Tampa Bay Center and he was coming here until TB-12 unretured. Si=o we went with Karras and Cappa. We also made a move for La'el hoping for the best. Last year we took the best olineman in FA. What do folks want us to do this year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's not like they haven't tried to fix the oline. Two years agi we were all in on the Tampa Bay Center and he was coming here until TB-12 unretured. Si=o we went with Karras and Cappa. We also made a move for La'el hoping for the best. Last year we took the best olineman in FA. What do folks want us to do this year?

[Image: Frank-Pollack.jpg?quality=90&strip=all]

(And draft a RT. .....IMPORTANT EDIT: Without input from Mike Brown or Paul Alexander)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 07:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Was all for trading Tee last offseason when he had premium value, but hardly anybody agreed.

Still think it would have been the best move.

Yet that ship has sailed, not a fan of tagging and keeping if the team knows they will not sign him long term. Not sure players are happy when this happens and some seem to play to not get hurt during tagged year limiting their value to the team imo. Plus the fact the team would get nothing in return if doing so other than a 1 year rental.
Which if they knew he would play hard it may be still worth it, but there is no guarantee he will give 100% when he thinks he was low balled.

Tee could'nt get any worse than this past season being on the tag for next year. Unless he's hurt again I would think he'd want to earn a huge payday from his next team.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's not like they haven't tried to fix the oline. Two years agi we were all in on the Tampa Bay Center and he was coming here until TB-12 unretured. Si=o we went with Karras and Cappa. We also made a move for La'el hoping for the best. Last year we took the best olineman in FA. What do folks want us to do this year?

Do what's right & get the very best Oline coach available in the entire world.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 11:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The Bengals need to spend their cap space on the two lines. The franchise future depends upon protecting Burrow which includes having a running game that can routinely get 4 or 5 yards and convert 4th and one.

Our safety play was bad this year. But The defense got torched this year mainly because the D line was often dominated by teams that run the ball and lack of pressure on opposing QB

Paying big contracts to Tee and Chase won’t address both lines getting beaten up by all three of our division rivals.

Jordan Love is moving the ball against the best defense in nfl right now with wrs that are not first rounders or on big contracts because of his o line which gives the packers a really good running attack and giving love 3 or 4 seconds to throw .

Agree 1000%

A lot of people are stuck in the dalton days. We have burrow and chase. Bring back Boyd and a team friendly deal sign another receiver in the draft and move on. Attack the lines or secondary. I’m actually compeltely content on offense. Keep burrow healthy and we are in the playoffs every season. We need more pressure on the passer and better at corner at safety. Forget WR. That was sand to the beach
Reply/Quote
Two Bengals in the top 10.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 09:46 PM)Synric Wrote: La'el Collins will cost the Bengals 1.6m for 2024 which is more than D'Ante Smith lol. Just because these guys played and poorly I might add the Bengals spent several times the investment. They've spent what 28ish million in RTs since Bobby Hart? Here we are average at best RT play and the spot is open again...

I thought we were just talking about performance of each, not how much each has cost the team.
Yes, obviously these FAs have cost the team a lot more $$ than the draft picks, but at least the FAs are seeing the field.
The only draft pick on OL to play consistent snaps has been Jonah Williams.

If Bengals want to spend a 1st round pick on OT, I'm ok with that.
But do I think they'll have more success with an OT over a WR due to the history of their draft success? No.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:35 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not sure what they can do this offseason?  The free agents are not great and they did have the 5th highest paid oline in the NFL this season.  Something has to give sooner or later.

Drafting better is key. Having additional scouts to scout for value o and d lineman would be nice. I’ll never understand how the Bengals employ less scouts than most MAC football programs. It’s a dumb move.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 05:32 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Drafting better is key.  Having additional scouts to scout for value o and d lineman would be nice.  I’ll never understand how the Bengals employ less scouts than most MAC football programs. It’s a dumb move.

[Image: tumblr_m2c0f6GMRg1rqfhi2o1_250.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 04:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: Frank-Pollack.jpg?quality=90&strip=all]

(And draft a RT.  .....IMPORTANT EDIT: Without input from Mike Brown or Paul Alexander)

(01-24-2024, 04:47 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Do what's right & get the very best Oline coach available in the entire world.
Frank is ni=ot going anywhere. So the question is what can we do personnel wise to make the team better? We had a worse Oline than we currently have and was about 1 seconfd away from winning a superbowl and 2 bad calls from going back. An oline all-time great once said:

" A running back makes an oline and an oline makes a QB". We need to get the best RB in FA, keep Tee, and retain/replace Reeder

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 06:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Frank is ni=ot going anywhere. So the question is what can we do personnel wise to make the team better? We had a worse Oline than we currently have and was about 1 seconfd away from winning a superbowl and 2 bad calls from going back. An oline all-time great once said:

" A running back makes an oline and an oline makes a QB". We need to get the best RB in FA, keep Tee, and retain/replace Reeder

Most of your top rush offenses in the league in terms of YPC either have stud RB's or are getting a lot of rushing yards out of the QB position.  There's really only one option for us unless folks expect Burrow to start running the read option.  

However, this will mostly fall on deaf ears and people will say "fix teh line" and convince themselves that Chase Brown is the answer.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 07:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: Most of your top rush offenses in the league in terms of YPC either have stud RB's or are getting a lot of rushing yards out of the QB position.  There's really only one option for us unless folks expect Burrow to start running the read option.  

However, this will mostly fall on deaf ears and people will say "fix teh line" and convince themselves that Chase Brown is the answer.
In business it's known as throwing good money after bad. We had a lot of "talent" oline last year.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought we were just talking about performance of each, not how much each has cost the team.
Yes, obviously these FAs have cost the team a lot more $$ than the draft picks, but at least the FAs are seeing the field.
The only draft pick on OL to play consistent snaps has been Jonah Williams.

If Bengals want to spend a 1st round pick on OT, I'm ok with that.
But do I think they'll have more success with an OT over a WR due to the history of their draft success? No.

Picking Chase at #5 is a lot different than taking Smith in the middle of Round 4. The Day 3 guy is always gonna be a longshot. Especially so for a project like Smith. 

Carman now, that pick was a bust. Though he did perform well in the 2021 PO run. Carman, though, is really the only high pick ZT has whiffed on. Sample was taken too high. Carter is pretty poor. I'd note that 2 of the 3 were guys they wanted to move to new positions (Carman & Carter). Let us stop doing that, please. 

Too early on Hill & Turner.

2019: J. Williams, D. Sample, Pratt 
2020: Burrow, Higgins, Wilson 
2021: Chase, Carman, Ossai 
2022: D. Hill, CTB, Carter 
2023: Murphy, Turner, Battle 

And there have been dome Day 3 successes. Relatively speaking  

2019: T. Williams (Rd6) 
2020: ADG (Rd4), Bailey (Rd7) 
2021: C. Sample (Rd4), McPherson (Rd5)
2022: Volson (Rd4) 
2023: C. Jones (Rd4), C. Brown (Rd5), Iosivas (Rd6), Ivey (Rd7). 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In business it's known as throwing good money after bad. We had a lot of "talent" oline last year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

However, the only thing less popular around these parts than talking about drafting a WR early is talking about drafting a RB early.  This is despite the fact that 2 of the 4 remaining playoff teams have RB's they drafted in the 1st on their roster, another has an All Pro RB that they traded a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick for, and the other has the best running QB in the history of the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 01:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

However, the only thing less popular around these parts than talking about drafting a WR early is talking about drafting a RB early. 
This is despite the fact that 2 of the 4 remaining playoff teams have RB's they drafted in the 1st on their roster, another has an All Pro RB that they traded a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick for, and the other has the best running QB in the history of the league.

I caught alot of flak over Jahmyr Gibbs lol.

Reply/Quote