Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge mistake to tag Tee
(01-25-2024, 01:40 PM)Synric Wrote: I caught alot of flak over Jahmyr Gibbs lol.

I still think it was a bad pick. They needed to go d-line or secondary. And they’d be better if they did

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 02:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I still think it was a bad pick. They needed to go d-line or secondary. And they’d be better if they did

There wasn't a DE or DT that had more than 4.5 sacks drafted after Gibbs, who had 11 TD's and over 1200 yards/scrimmage.  Unless you're picking Top 10, you don't draft defense to fix your defense.  You draft defense to maintain it when contracts expire.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yoshi & Jones are in no way ready to be #2 receivers. Nor WR3, really.

That is another reason to tag Tee. It buys those guys a year to develop. If Tee has a monster year, his trade value goes up.

$20.7 seems fair to me.

https://www.spotrac.com/news/projected-2024-franchise-tag-candidates-2110/

There is no chance we let Tee walk this year. A tag & trade makes little sense as a team with a first would be better off just taking the WR Rd 1 instead if trading the pick AND paying $20 mil.

Well in a way your thoughts on Yoshi and Jones, support a team trading and paying Tee, the rookie WR they might draft in 2nd or 3rd round probably very likely might not be ready to be a real #1/#2 yet,, where Tee is seasoned and ready. I totally could see a team in the hunt for to make an impact in playoffs that is lacking a high tier WR, looking to trade for Tee giving up a 2nd or 3rd throwing in a late pick and paying him
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 04:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well in a way your thoughts on Yoshi and Jones, support a team trading and paying Tee, the rookie WR they might draft in 2nd or 3rd round probably very likely might not be ready to be a real #1/#2 yet,, where Tee is seasoned and ready.  I totally could see a team in the hunt for to make an impact in playoffs that is  lacking a high tier WR, looking to trade for Tee giving up a 2nd or 3rd throwing in a late pick and paying him

I agree with you that certain Teams may want to Trade for TEE.  

For some of the same reasons why the Bengals may want to keep TEE, other Teams may want to get TEE.

Maybe just 3 rookie receivers will go before the Bengals pick.  Marvin Harrison JrMalik NaborsRome Odunze

I would guess that most Teams would prefer Marvin Harrison JR over TEE.

But Teams could prefer a seasoned TEE over Malik Nabors and/or Rome Odunze even though their cheaper. Teams know what they are getting.

Even if the 17 Teams picking ahead of the Bengals all liked the 3 rookies better, all 17 Teams can't be assured of getting one of them making 

a Trade up possible using TEE & the Bengals 1st round pick.  Or just Trade Tee for a pick or picks (no Trade up)

Or just keep TEE for some of the same reasons other Teams may want to get TEE.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 11:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m a trench guy. Lot of people here prefer the weapons though.

Those people are generally wrong

Do any teams left have more money in their O/D lines than their skill positions?

I may look at that later
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 07:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Do any teams left have more money in their O/D lines than their skill positions?

I may look at that later

2023 cap percentages by group:

Lions  
O-line:        25.08%
D-line:        10.07%
RB/WR/TE:  11.40%

Chiefs
O-line:        13.82%
D-line:        20.26%
RB/WR/TE:  19.68%

Ravens
O-line:        21.87%
D-line:          8.27%
RB/WR/TE:  18.30%

49ers
O-line:        16.24%
D-line:        17.72%
RB/WR/TE:  15.55%

Bengals
O-line:        19.87%
D-line:        26.14%
RB/WR/TE:  18.27%
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 08:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 2023 cap percentages by group:

Lions  
O-line:        25.08%
D-line:        10.07%
RB/WR/TE:  11.40%

Chiefs
O-line:        13.82%
D-line:        20.26%
RB/WR/TE:  19.68%

Ravens
O-line:        21.87%
D-line:          8.27%
RB/WR/TE:  18.30%

49ers
O-line:        10.84%
D-line:        17.72%
RB/WR/TE:  15.55%

ravens getting a lot out of that d-line

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 08:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ravens getting a lot out of that d-line

Most likely because they're the only 3-4. $ is spent on OLB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely because they're the only 3-4. $ is spent on OLB

good point

Reply/Quote

:sick:

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely because they're the only 3-4. $ is spent on OLB

Madubuike and Washington are on rookie deals that expire this year.  Clowney is listed as an OLB, but he's on a 1 year, $2.5 mil deal, as well.  
Reply/Quote
The Bengals obviously have some big decisions to make this offseason.I don’t think it’s prudent to keep Tee Higgins on the roster.My first option would be a trade.
Reply/Quote
Looking at the 49ers you wonder how they are not over the cap. They save big $ on the QB position so that has to be the reason.
That team is loaded with veteran talent across the entire roster. Maybe DBs aren’t as good/highly priced but other than that…
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 01:04 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Looking at the 49ers you wonder how they are not over the cap. They save big $ on the QB position so that has to be the reason.
That team is loaded with veteran talent across the entire roster.  Maybe DBs aren’t as good/highly priced but other than that…

Just read the Niners top priority this offseason is extending 
Brandon Aiyuk. But according to some on here thats money 
Not spent well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 02:13 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Just read the Niners top priority this offseason is extending 
Brandon Aiyuk. But according to some on here thats money 
Not spent well. 

Aiyuk has led them in receiving yards the past two seasons.  Meanwhile, Deebo has only had 1 1000 yard season in his career.

Aiyuk is their Chase.  Deebo is their Higgins.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else seeing all these “Browns really want to pursue / sign Tee” blasts all over the internet?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 09:21 AM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else seeing all these “Browns really want to pursue / sign Tee” blasts all over the internet?

Watson made some comment on a podcast about wanting him up there. The funniest thing was some of the Browns fans I saw hyping it up actually thought they played together at Clemson.

Reply/Quote

Kinda interesting from Duke. I figured tagging Tee was a foregone conclusion but this sounds at least a little uncertain.

*sorry for linking a Kelsey Conway tweet. I promise I don’t follow her.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 11:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Kinda interesting from Duke. I figured tagging Tee was a foregone conclusion but this sounds at least a little uncertain.

*sorry for linking a Kelsey Conway tweet. I promise I don’t follow her.

Well, it was her own article that contained the Duke Tobin quote.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 11:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, it was her own article that contained the Duke Tobin quote.

Right, but I can’t stand her so it makes me feel dirty.

Reply/Quote