Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge mistake to tag Tee
(01-31-2024, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but I can’t stand her so it makes me feel dirty.

I'm not a fan either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
I don’t want to bring Tee back on a tag, but if we could sign him to a long-term contract, I’m fine with it. l’m also fine with a sign and trade for a second round pick if the team goes out and uses that 22 million to get guys we need. I want the team to be great for the next five years and not just next year.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 12:56 AM)BengalBo Wrote: I don’t want to bring Tee back on a tag, but if we could sign him to a long-term contract, I’m fine with it. l’m also fine with a sign and trade for a second round pick if the team goes out and uses that 22 million to get guys we need. I want the team to be great for the next five years and not just next year.

(02-02-2024, 01:49 AM)BengalBo Wrote: I don’t want to bring Tee back on a tag, but if we could sign him to a long-term contract, I’m fine with it. l’m also fine with a sign and trade for a second round pick if the team goes out and uses that 22 million to get guys we need. I want the team to be great for the next five years and not just next year.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 02:13 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Just read the Niners top priority this offseason is extending 
Brandon Aiyuk. But according to some on here thats money 
Not spent well. 

I think it goes back to the level of QB, Purdy is deemed system QB and needs a better set of WRs where as Burrow is not deemed a system QB and should elevate play of WRs, ie Mahomes, Allen , Rodgers. Plus SF is playing with a rookie contact where we will be playing with a massive contract so they have more of a luxury to spend at WR.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 07:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think it goes back to the level of QB, Purdy is deemed system QB and needs a better set of WRs where as Burrow is not deemed a system QB and should elevate play of WRs, ie Mahomes, Allen , Rodgers. Plus SF is playing with a rookie contact where we will be playing with a massive contract so they have more of a luxury to spend at WR.

Did Patrick Mahomes elevate his WR group this season? Not really Rashee Rice did finally step up and started making plays (alot of YAC) from the slot. More like one of the receivers finally stepped up and started making plays.

Did Aaron Rodgers elevate all his young receivers in 2022? No lol he was hard on them all year. Christian Watson started playing better down rhe stretch but that was just a rookie improving with reps and you cannot discount the the drops and wrong routes by the young receivers.

Joe Burrow elevates his receivers more than most QBs because of his insane ball placement and willingness to give his guys 1 on 1 shots but having not just one but two new young starting receivers can cause issues no matter who the QB is and that can cost wins. I'm not saying they should never replace their WRs but they don't have to in 2024 because they have an easy button with one of the best young WRs on the Free Agent market.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 08:35 AM)Synric Wrote: Did Patrick Mahomes elevate his WR group this season? Not really Rashee Rice did finally step up and started making plays (alot of YAC) from the slot. More like one of the receivers finally stepped up and started making plays.

Did Aaron Rodgers elevate all his young receivers in 2022? No lol he was hard on them all year. Christian Watson started playing better down rhe stretch but that was just a rookie improving with reps and you cannot discount the the drops and wrong routes by the young receivers.

Joe Burrow elevates his receivers more than most QBs because of his insane ball placement and willingness to give his guys 1 on 1 shots but having not just one but two new young starting receivers can cause issues no matter who the QB is and that can cost wins. I'm not saying they should never replace their WRs but they don't have to in 2024 because they have an easy button with one of the best young WRs on the Free Agent market.

Can’t catch it for them.

Reply/Quote
I'm sorry, but I don't see it as a one or the other choice.

Bengals have 6th most cap room in the league this year and if they cut Mixon, they add to that number. Higgins is worth more on gameday than the best DT or Olineman in the league.

I would love to go through the 2021 draft pages & find the Chase v Sewell posts to see who in this thread was team Sewell.... You were wrong then & you're wrong now.

Higgins is a dynamic, exciting player & the best offensive FA on the market this season. Bengals have MORE than enough $ to sign him along with one other really strong player, sign the depth guys, & draft.

You don't win championships with a bunch of B players. Bengals need A guys on both sides of the ball. Higgins is already in the building and YOUNG.

Frank Pollack has taken chicken salad players and turned them into chicken shit. THAT needs fixed. The guys in the building are strong enough players.

Bengals issue wasn't talent this season. It was injuries. Why break it up? I'd rather add to it.
Reply/Quote
If Tee Higgins isn't retained by the Bengals then the offense will
Struggle at levels not seen in the Joe Burrow era.
I see these statements saying Joe Burrow is so good the Bengals
Can replace Tee Higgins with cheaper alternatives so
They can allocate $$$$$ to other areas of the team that
Need upgrades mainly the oline
So if Burrow is that good and magical then why draft Chase
And Higgins in the 1st place? Just draft olineman in the 1st
2 RDs every year and draft WRs in the lower RDs.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 09:28 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm sorry, but I don't see it as a one or the other choice.

Bengals have 6th most cap room in the league this year and if they cut Mixon, they add to that number. Higgins is worth more on gameday than the best DT or Olineman in the league.

I would love to go through the 2021 draft pages & find the Chase v Sewell posts to see who in this thread was team Sewell.... You were wrong then & you're wrong now.

Higgins is a dynamic, exciting player & the best offensive FA on the market this season. Bengals have MORE than enough $ to sign him along with one other really strong player, sign the depth guys, & draft.

You don't win championships with a bunch of B players. Bengals need A guys on both sides of the ball. Higgins is already in the building and YOUNG.

Frank Pollack has taken chicken salad players and turned them into chicken shit. THAT needs fixed. The guys in the building are strong enough players.

Bengals issue wasn't talent this season. It was injuries. Why break it up? I'd rather add to it.

The Bengals have 59.4M in cap space or 53.1M in effective cap space.

Tee's tag number is estimated to be 20.7.  Tagging Tee will leave us with 38.7M in cap space or 32.4M in effective cap space.

This isnt to advocate either way, just providing the numbers.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 09:28 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Higgins is worth more on gameday than the best DT or Olineman in the league.

That might be overselling Tee a bit. A #2 WR worth more than Chris Jones? Idk about all that.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 09:28 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I would love to go through the 2021 draft pages & find the Chase v Sewell posts to see who in this thread was team Sewell.... You were wrong then & you're wrong now.

I was firmly team Sewell, and I'm not unhappy with the choice the team made.  Both Chase and Sewell have turned out to be the players that everyone thought they would be.  There was no "wrong choice" in that debate.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 08:35 AM)Synric Wrote: Did Patrick Mahomes elevate his WR group this season? Not really Rashee Rice did finally step up and started making plays (alot of YAC) from the slot. More like one of the receivers finally stepped up and started making plays.

The answer is yes, Elite QBs do elevate a receiving core, all mentioned including Burrow that is why they can win at time without top tier sets of WRs.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 10:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That might be overselling Tee a bit. A #2 WR worth more than Chris Jones? Idk about all that.

I think so, yes. Especially when you take age into account. Tee is still a developing asset for the Bengals. Jones will be on the wrong side of 30 by the time the 2024 season starts.

Higgins, in my eyes, is a #1A to Chase #A1. I think they have similar impacts with different skillsets.

Most positional valie charts/pyramids have WRs above interior lineman. The Bengals don't need WRs BECAUSE Higgins is on the team. Take him off and they would need a dynamic WR BADLY.

They can sign a DT who is impactful easier than they can sign a Tee Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 10:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was firmly team Sewell, and I'm not unhappy with the choice the team made.  Both Chase and Sewell have turned out to be the players that everyone thought they would be.  There was no "wrong choice" in that debate.

Not sure, but I respect your point!

If I had to guess, in hindsight, if the 2021 draft was redone the Falcons take Chase & the Bengals take Waddel or Smith over Sewell.

I think that avg line play in the NFL is so close to elite play that it isn't THAT big of a deal... but elite WRs are far above the avg guys.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 09:48 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The Bengals have 59.4M in cap space or 53.1M in effective cap space.

Tee's tag number is estimated to be 20.7.  Tagging Tee will leave us with 38.7M in cap space or 32.4M in effective cap space.

This isnt to advocate either way, just providing the numbers.

Great data.

That would STILL put the Bengals top 10 jn the league for effective cap room in 2024. Only knocks them down 3 spots.

I would prefer the Bengals pay Higgins and grab one other impact guy.... and they CAN do both, no question... than I would see them sign a bunch of mid level to low end FAs and roll money over to next season.

Bengals need more impact players. They are stacked to the ceiling with steady Eddies.

Sign Tee, Sign Defensive impact guy. Draft well. Go roll through 2024.

Bengals crushed Bills & 49ers when healthy. They aren't far off at all. They need Burrow healthy and to add an impact guy on defense.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 12:51 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think so, yes. Especially when you take age into account. Tee is still a developing asset for the Bengals. Jones will be on the wrong side of 30 by the time the 2024 season starts.

Higgins, in my eyes, is a #1A to Chase #A1. I think they have similar impacts with different skillsets.

Most positional valie charts/pyramids have WRs above interior lineman. The Bengals don't need WRs BECAUSE Higgins is on the team. Take him off and they would need a dynamic WR BADLY.

They can sign a DT who is impactful easier than they can sign a Tee Higgins.

Generally speaking sure, but Chris Jones will get more money on the open market than Tee will.

Reply/Quote
Jalen McMillan (Washington), Erick All (Iowa), Roman Wilson (Michigan), and Cade Stover (OSU) are being overlooked.

Getting Byron Murphy out of Texas in the first would be a gift. I think this year has a lot of sleepers in the later rounds. DT is first priority.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 01:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Generally speaking sure, but Chris Jones will get more money on the open market than Tee will.

Ohhhhh man, I am not so sure. I think that's an interesting thing to watch! I'm always fascinated by how teams pay certain guys... and when. Mike Brown (I think) once said that the Bengals want to pay guys based on what they think they will do instead of pay guys for what theyve already done.... especially it was done for someone else.

I think Higgins has alot more gas in tank than Jones and that whoever pays Jones is paying him for Chiefs work, not necessarily their own. We shall see!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 01:37 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Ohhhhh man, I am not so sure. I think that's an interesting thing to watch! I'm always fascinated by how teams pay certain guys... and when. Mike Brown (I think) once said that the Bengals want to pay guys based on what they think they will do instead of pay guys for what theyve already done.... especially it was done for someone else.

I think Higgins has alot more gas in tank than Jones and that whoever pays Jones is paying him for Chiefs work, not necessarily their own. We shall see!!!!

Chris Jones apparently wants Aaron Donald money - $30M.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 01:53 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Chris Jones apparently wants Aaron Donald money - $30M.

Yep. And I’m guessing Tee gets around $25M tops.

Reply/Quote