Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Hunter Biden Whistleblower
(04-24-2023, 04:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We also know on the other side Hillary Clinton and her campaign paid for a Russian dossier that was used to impeach the sitting POTUS only to later find out later libs knew the dossier was a fake and spent hundreds of millions of our tax payer dollars trying to prosecute him. 

God! Just like a Niagara Falls of disinformation.

Bels and BigDaddy have covered parts of your original post. I'll just manage this one.

The Clinton campaign paid for the dossier (campaign research is legal), 

but it was NOT used to impeach Trump. This is false, like your claim the Steele Dossier initiated the Russia investigation.

Trump's first impeachment was instigated by his withholding aid to Ukraine to get their leader to announce an investigation into Biden--not even investigate, just announce. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49831516  I.e., Trump was "weaponizing" his office illegally for personal political gain.

Trump should have been impeached and removed from office, but the party of personal responsibility let him off the hook, and in consequence Trump became even more reckless, working up a coup based on the lie that Biden stole the election. 

Further, the dossier is not a "fake." It was raw, unprocessed intel, some of which aligned with news of Russian interference ALREADY in the public domain--not "false" (Russian gov. payments to Flynn; contacts with Carter Page). The real charge against it is that it was vague and diffuse, a rather lazy compilation of memoranda. The impropriety involved was the DNC reported money paid for it under "legal services," for which they were fined. 

If the MAGA faithful did not like CNN et al. buzzing about the dossier and Russian connections, then they should have blamed Trump for encouraging behind the scenes contact with Russians--not the messenger. Why do you think that was ok? Not worthy of reporting or of an FBI investigation???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I read the information from the House Judiciary Committee. Nowhere does it indicate any of the 51 knew the laptop to be legitimate, nor did they state in the original letter that it wasn't. They also signed onto that statement as private citizens exercising their free speech, which is not interference in an election.

You're making assumptions here once again. Come back with facts.

The Clinton campaign contracted with a firm to carry out opposition research, who subcontracted out to the firm Steele was working for. What happened was in the normal course of politics. What happened with the Steele dossier itself in an interesting topic, but is not something the Clinton campaign themselves are responsible for when you look at the actual facts of the situation.

I hope we do. If there are facts that support this, then I want to know.

Agreed. If there are facts that support this, I would like to know.

No, this is incorrect. They exercised their free speech rights and broke no laws. Calling for the prosecution of private citizens making a statement like that is straight up autocratic bullshit. It is unconstitutional and anti-American. It is a spit in the face of everything our nation is founded upon.

You need to keep up with current events.

https://judiciary.house.gov/media/press-releases/new-testimony-reveals-secretary-blinken-and-biden-campaign-behind-infamous

Morell testified last week under oath he lied when he signed the letter of 51 to elect Joe Biden after being urged by Blinken (Joe's campaign manager) to sign it. They all knew the laptop was NOT RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION, but signed it to elect Joe Biden.

Trump was right again, there was election interference and fraud perpetrated by the Biden campaign.

Please by all means tell us why a man under oath would lie to Congress and perjure himself that is a known Biden supporter.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You need to keep up with current events.

https://judiciary.house.gov/media/press-releases/new-testimony-reveals-secretary-blinken-and-biden-campaign-behind-infamous

Morell testified last week under oath he lied when he signed the letter of 51 to elect Joe Biden after being urged by Blinken (Joe's campaign manager) to sign it. They all knew the laptop was NOT RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION, but signed it to elect Joe Biden.

Trump was right again, there was election interference and fraud perpetrated by the Biden campaign.

Please by all means tell us why a man under oath would lie to Congress and perjure himself that is a known Biden supporter.

Can you point to the line in that press release or any transcript in which Morell says he "lied" when he signed the letter?

All 51 signatories to the letter were within their rights to express their suspicion of a laptop full of kompromat-style photos and emails which mysteriously turns up in a computer shop and then is relayed immediately to Rudy Giuliani just in time to affect an election.

No one "knew" all that kompromat was NOT RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION.  How could they know that??

One wonders what "fully informed decision" voters were supposed to make of a laptop whose provenance, three years later, is still in dispute.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You need to keep up with current events.

That was what I read. However, I read it with a critical eye rather than as someone who wanted to read any particular thing in the information. With that critical eye I was able to see that what Morell said was that the campaign initiated the letter. He never said he did not agree with the letter. He never said the letter was a lie. You making inferences that there is not evidence for.

And again, it is not election interference for private citizens to put out a letter like that, even if it was a lie. People lie all the time during campaigns. That's called politics and it does fall under free speech. It really is concerning to me how anti-freedom you are.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote