Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"I’m a little upset they got three points.”
You have to love Burfict. That quote came from him, of course, but you have to know the entire D wanted a shutout, and they damn near got it.

That's 10 or fewer points allowed in 5 of their 12 games.
20 or fewer points in 7 of 12
24 or less in 11 of 12.
Only AZ broke 30 points against us all year, and that was without some of our best secondary guys.

On Offense, we've scored 30+ in 7 of our 12 games.
We've been been held to less than 24 points only twice. We were 1-1 in those games.

Overall, we're playing like you'd expect a #1 seed to play. Now you know why this team senses that a ring is within their reach. They just keeping getting the job done one week at a time.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The difference with Tez in the lineup is drastic. Since he came back, we've allowed 10 points or less in 5 of 6 games. The run D has improved leaps and bounds thanks to Burfict.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This defense has been playing fantastic. Whether that is because of Burfict or perhaps the easier schedule i'm not sure. Bottom line it's great to see Burfict back and it's great to see this defense play lights out as it has the past month.
Reply/Quote
I think Reggie said it too, they wanted the Goose Egg. I think Burfict also said their goal was to not let them past the 50. Good goals :)

Anyways, Paulie should get some credit, he has had some good gameplans lately, and is letting the guys do their thing out there instead of getting in the way.
Reply/Quote
I'm proud of the Bengals anyway. Cleveland was playing second and third stringers and the QB was third string, too. They went up there and did exactly what they were supposed to. It's good that the coaches gave McCarron some snaps at the end.

It's sad about the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 03:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The difference with Tez in the lineup is drastic. Since he came back, we've allowed 10 points or less in 5 of 6 games. The run D has improved leaps and bounds thanks to Burfict.

I'm so glad he is back, especially for this week's game....Pig Ben has a knack for holding on to the ball forever and then a 5 yard checkdown turns in to a 25 yard reception.  Not with 55 in there....
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 08:37 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: I'm proud of the Bengals anyway.  Cleveland was playing second and third stringers and the QB was third string, too.  They went up there and did exactly what they were supposed to.  It's good that the coaches gave McCarron some snaps at the end.

It's sad about the Browns.

Browns fans deserve so much better. Awful team, classic uniform overhauled for a Nike monstrosity, eugh, feel for them.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm so glad he is back, especially for this week's game....Pig Ben has a knack for holding on to the ball forever and then a 5 yard checkdown turns in to a 25 yard reception.  Not with 55 in there....

Either check down or bomb pass. Live and die by the bombs  Yawn
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
That was a great game yesterday. I would have loved a shut out too, but I'll take only giving up a field goal.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Defense has been solid. So much better than last year and it starts with a healthy 97.

The real test will be this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 04:18 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This defense has been playing fantastic. Whether that is because of Burfict or perhaps the easier schedule i'm not sure. Bottom line it's great to see Burfict back and it's great to see this defense play lights out as it has the past month.

its on pace to break the franchise record for lowest points allowed.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 10:02 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Browns fans deserve so much better. Awful team, classic uniform overhauled for a Nike monstrosity, eugh, feel for them.

I've always thought they have, BY FAR, the ugliest uniforms in the league.  First of all, they are very plain.  Secondly, there is no uglier color than brown.

This team did what it was supposed to do yesterday, and all of us should feel good about it.  Even though it was a division game, they went into someone else's house and completely dismantled an inferior team.  They did not play down to the level of competition, they beat them on both sides of the ball.  It is a good omen going forward.
Reply/Quote
I think every defense guy should go into every game with the attitude that they want the shutout.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 03:02 AM)Shady Wrote: You have to love Burfict. That quote came from him, of course, but you have to know the entire D wanted a shutout, and they damn near got it.

That's 10 or fewer points allowed in 5 of their 12 games.
20 or fewer points in 7 of 12
24 or less in 11 of 12.
Only AZ broke 30 points against us all year, and that was without some of our best secondary guys.

On Offense, we've scored 30+ in 7 of our 12 games.
We've been been held to less than 24 points only twice. We were 1-1 in those games.

Overall, we're playing like you'd expect a #1 seed to play. Now you know why this team senses that a ring is within their reach. They just keeping getting the job done one week at a time.

Actually the two games where the team gave up 24 points it was not the defense that gave up 24. In both those games the offense coughed it up for 6 the other way. The only team to actually exploit our defense was Arizona. Other than that game, I'd say our defense has played better than most people had hoped for.

I'm not sure I could be upset about 3 points yesterday. Had to be upset at all about a blow out win against the Browns.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 04:18 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This defense has been playing fantastic. Whether that is because of Burfict or perhaps the easier schedule i'm not sure. Bottom line it's great to see Burfict back and it's great to see this defense play lights out as it has the past month.

Browns
vs Bengals: 6.5 pts
vs all others: 20.3 pts

Steelers
vs Bengals: 10 pts
vs all others: 27.4 pts

Texans
vs Bengals: 10 pts
vs all others: 22.1 pts

Rams
vs Bengals: 7 pts
vs all others: 16.5 pts

I'd understand your point if the D was simply playing decent against bad teams, but they're straight dominating. The Bengals have fared better against these teams than anyone else on their respective schedule's.

They've held the Steelers, Texans and Browns to their lowest scoring outputs of the season (an impressive feat), while holding the Rams to their 3rd lowest.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 01:34 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I've always thought they have, BY FAR, the ugliest uniforms in the league.  First of all, they are very plain.  Secondly, there is no uglier color than brown.

This team did what it was supposed to do yesterday, and all of us should feel good about it.  Even though it was a division game, they went into someone else's house and completely dismantled an inferior team.  They did not play down to the level of competition, they beat them on both sides of the ball.  It is a good omen going forward.

Im surprised the team is still named after a coach they fired and then created their rival.
Reply/Quote
This season has really showed how important Burfict is to our defense. We've just looked like a completely different unit out there since his return. I will admit that I wanted us to steer clear of him in 2012, but he's a completely different player than he was at Arizona State. So kudos to the coaches on getting him straightened up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 04:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im surprised the team is still named after a coach they fired and then created their rival.

Browns fans love Paul Brown and hate Art Modell. They'll never let the name be changed.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 08:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Browns fans love Paul Brown and hate Art Modell. They'll never let the name be changed.

They also need to hang on to the 50s and 60s greatness.  The original plan was for the team history, uniforms, and name to simply go to Baltimore but Cleveland got to hang on to all of that; hence the Browns became the Ravens and a new team became the Browns.  Browns fans have it the worst.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 08:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Browns fans love Paul Brown and hate Art Modell. They'll never let the name be changed.

Makes sense. Certainly do not like Cleveland, but the fan base did get the shaft twice by ownership.

After watching how poorly the Clowns performed, I could understand the disappointment in not getting the shutout. They played so badly, and underserving of any points. I'm sure that may be the basis of the comment.

Co-incidentally, I watched Zombieland later that evening, and the main character "Columbus" asked to stop to use the bathroom - said he needed to "Take the Browns to the Superbowl"......I thought, how fitting was that comment after watching the game?
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote