Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Don't Blame Hill
Ok pretty sure I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I don't blame Hill for this loss.

I rest full blame on whoever made the call for him to run on that play. We had the lead and we had the positioning, all we had to do was kneel three times so Pit would burn timeouts and then kick the field goal to extend the lead. After that you kickoff, they have no timeouts, and have to score a touchdown to win with only around a minute remaining. Also after he stepped up after Gio was hit, c'mon he was a different player after that.

I will concede that yes he should have held on to the ball but the ball should never have been put in his hands in the first place.
Reply/Quote
It's all Hue's fault for asking his RB to run the ball. The fool. Good luck with that mentality in SF amirite?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 AM)AmeriknGrizzly Wrote: Ok pretty sure I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I don't blame Hill for this loss.

I rest full blame on whoever made the call for him to run on that play.  We had the lead and we had the positioning, all we had to do was kneel three times so Pit would burn timeouts and then kick the field goal to extend the lead.  After that you kickoff, they have no timeouts, and have to score a touchdown to win with only around a minute remaining.  Also after he stepped up after Gio was hit, c'mon he was a different player after that.  

I will concede that yes he should have held on to the ball but the ball should never have been put in his hands in the first place.

I think you're in the minority, but you do make a good point.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 AM)AmeriknGrizzly Wrote: Ok pretty sure I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I don't blame Hill for this loss.

I rest full blame on whoever made the call for him to run on that play.  We had the lead and we had the positioning, all we had to do was kneel three times so Pit would burn timeouts and then kick the field goal to extend the lead.  After that you kickoff, they have no timeouts, and have to score a touchdown to win with only around a minute remaining.  Also after he stepped up after Gio was hit, c'mon he was a different player after that.  

Good points.  
Reply/Quote

I blame them both. The call was dumb and so was the fumble. If Hill holds the ball, we win the game and none of the trash we had to witness happens.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we had the positioning, with Nuge's leg.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't really matter either way if Jeremy Hill had the common sense to take what they gave him, get on his knees immediately, and hold onto the goddamn ball with both arms.

Amazing that for a coaching staff that supposedly hammers home the importance of not turning the ball over, Hill still goes out there and fights for yardage on a meaningless play with a wet football against a defense that needed a turnover desperately.

How does he leave the sideline thinking that was okay?

**** this stupidity.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

You make a good point. I expected them to kneel on it. But then I saw the Steelers had 3 time-outs. It made sense to get one first down. And run the clock.
Reply/Quote
I'm still just sick to my stomach with this. I will be glad when Hue is gone, I owe him some credit to helping Andy mature and be a better QB but pretty stale play calling this year and this crushing defeat, good riddance!
Reply/Quote
No way you can't blame Hill. Once he screwed up you can also blame Burfict, Adam Jones, and even the refs. You can blame Marvin or Hugh for play selection but....the goat horns are still firmly on Hill's head. Or, you can also just say it was an over and above team effort to lose, or the whole thing was a conspiracy... anything is possible I suppose.
Reply/Quote
I don't either and that's real
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say it's all on Hill but since when were back-breaking turnovers excusable?
Reply/Quote
Oh we shoulda kneeled down in that situation 3 times for the best odds in the wet weather. But even if we did and go up by four, chances are we would have lost it some other way, like kickoff return or something lol.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
On a different note, it felt extremely awesome for those few seconds when I was absolutely sure we had the playoff win but it was fool's gold and I and my team were quickly back to being Charlie Brown Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:52 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think we had the positioning, with Nuge's leg.

He made a 57 yarder last post season...2nd longest field goal in playoff history but you know you're probably right. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Hill jerseys are going on sale right about now. Deep discounts.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:00 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He made a 57 yarder last post season...2nd longest field goal in playoff history but you know you're probably right. Rolleyes

Yeah, I am.

Nuge from 50+ by year (some years 0/0, Bengals wouldn't even let him attempt it - think about why):
0-2
2-3
1-4
2-4
1-2
3-4
0-3
2-3

11/25 is 44%.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You can't give the guy a pass for epically failing to do his job. The argument for taking a knee has a touch of merit, but not enough for exuding a guy from blowing it the way he did. He needed to run with both arms wrapped around that ball, and couldn't understand that...

I also think Burfict was dumb for not understanding the situation, and Jones was stupid for allowing himself to be baited like that. This loss, in my mind, is on the players.
Reply/Quote

100% agree....take knees and kick a FG it is a 4 point lead with 1:15 seconds left. They way the D was playing I don't see the Stoolers scoring a TD. 

Then the Hill fumble....... unbelievable!!! Everyone is at fault in this loss coaches, players, and refs!!! How the **** is the hit on Brown a personal foul yet Shazier on Bernard launch head to head is not?????

It is absolute bullshit. The personal foul call at the end was bullshit too, refs cannot hand a team a playoff victory like that!!! THE NFL HAS ZERO CREDIBILITY!!!!
Reply/Quote
You can't blame Hue for Hill's fumble. Jeremy Hill is a bum and he's been a bum all year long. The only thing I blame Hue for is starting a mediocre 3.6 yard per carry running back with a history of ball security issues. A run up the middle is probably the best play Hue could have called in that situation. You dont take a knee unless the game is already over.
Reply/Quote