Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Hope we Lose Out
I haven't hoped for a Bengal's loss in over 40 years; doubt I'll start now. The lose out train is free to leave the station without me on board.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Losing out will be pointless. We're not 1 or 2 players away...and as guys like Whitworth leave...the roster will get worse.
Reply/Quote
You don't need to worry. Its already left the station and is over half way down the track heading for "you will be lucky to see more than 1 more winsville"
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:02 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: You don't need to worry. Its already left the station and is over half way down the track heading for "you will be lucky to see more than 1 more winsville"

Looking at our schedule...there are only 2-3 more games I can make a case for us winning.
Reply/Quote
Until Mikey boy is pushing up daisies, this franchise will not produce a championship.

Paul Brown should have wore a condom because Junior is clearly an aborted abortion.
Reply/Quote
I think I do too 3-12-1 !! Go Bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I haven't hoped for a Bengal's loss in over 40 years; doubt I'll start now. The lose out train is free to leave the station without me on board.

Thank God.
Reply/Quote
I don't know that anyone has to hope the team loses out because it seems like a real possibility. From the coaching staff to most of the players, they look terrible. And make no mistake, there are way too many holes to be filled in one off season... my fear is that we could be looking at a couple years like this.

Remember the articles that said the window on this team was closing and how everyone laughed, saying the media was just showing their "Bengal bias"? Yeah, turns out those guys seemed to know what they were talking about.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:28 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I feel like I should be the last person to do this, But I have to say, if I could keep any one player it would be Andy. He'd be 1A and Green would be 1B.

Andy, IMO, is arguably the best value in the entire league. He's far from the best player, but his value is off the charts.  Look at Brock Osweiler's deal for proof. McCarron will probably be making more than Andy by this time next year, which is all sorts of crazy.

But yeah the rest of them can hit the road, starting with Jones and Burfict. Blow it up.

The worst part Toast?  He was talking about the OTHER AJ. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 12:02 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't know that anyone has to hope the team loses out because it seems like a real possibility.  From the coaching staff to most of the players, they look terrible.  And make no mistake, there are way too many holes to be filled in one off season... my fear is that we could be looking at a couple years like this.

Remember the articles that said the window on this team was closing and how everyone laughed, saying the media was just showing their "Bengal bias"?  Yeah, turns out those guys seemed to know what they were talking about.

There were some of us here, saying the same thing every year in FA, begging for upgrades before the window slammed shut.  We were made fun of too.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:28 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I feel like I should be the last person to do this, But I have to say, if I could keep any one player it would be Andy. He'd be 1A and Green would be 1B.

Andy, IMO, is arguably the best value in the entire league. He's far from the best player, but his value is off the charts.  Look at Brock Osweiler's deal for proof. McCarron will probably be making more than Andy by this time next year, which is all sorts of crazy.

But yeah the rest of them can hit the road, starting with Jones and Burfict. Blow it up.

And you're upset about being mediocre...... Whatever
Reply/Quote
I'm never gonna wish that the Bengals lose. Never gonna happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 12:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: There were some of us here, saying the same thing every year in FA, begging for upgrades before the window slammed shut.  We were made fun of too.

Yes we were.  We were told that because of one great draft after another, the window would be open for the next 7-10 years.  How that the cupboard was full and anyone saying anything different was "not a real fan" and should go root for the Browns.

I will readily admit that I did not imagine the precipitous fall that this organization seems to be experiencing.  Outside of Dalton and the receiving corps, there is no part of this team that looks good.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Yes we were.  We were told that because of one great draft after another, the window would be open for the next 7-10 years.  How that the cupboard was full and anyone saying anything different was "not a real fan" and should go root for the Browns.

I will readily admit that I did not imagine the precipitous fall that this organization seems to be experiencing.  Outside of Dalton and the receiving corps, there is no part of this team that looks good.

Agreed.....and really, that's just Eifert and Green.  Lafell has been ok, but had a crucial 3rd down drop right in his hands last night.  Gio and Hill have looked good enough on the rare occasions they've had room to run.  The rest of the team is straight dookie.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed.....and really, that's just Eifert and Green.  Lafell has been ok, but had a crucial 3rd down drop right in his hands last night.  Gio and Hill have looked good enough on the rare occasions they've had room to run.  The rest of the team is straight dookie.

I think that Boyd is going to be alright.  Probably nothing great, but a good compliment.  I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to both Gio and Hill.  There have been times that I was high on both of them, especially Gio, but am beginning to think they are both overrated.  Or the line is just SO bad that no one can run behind them...
Reply/Quote
Ultimately, I'm just ready to see a draft pick somewhere outside of 21-24. The Bengals did well the last time they were outside of that range (AJ Green, Andy Dalton).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:27 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think that Boyd is going to be alright.  Probably nothing great, but a good compliment.  I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to both Gio and Hill.  There have been times that I was high on both of them, especially Gio, but am beginning to think they are both overrated.  Or the line is just SO bad that no one can run behind them...

It's the line....
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Yes we were.  We were told that because of one great draft after another, the window would be open for the next 7-10 years.  How that the cupboard was full and anyone saying anything different was "not a real fan" and should go root for the Browns.

This line is one of the worst I've seen in a very long time on any team.  I have felt they have been overrated, and that is why I often clamored for a true, cannonball, full back if we were going to commit to run the ball.  They were overrated to begin with, and now they are falling apart.  Only Barry Sanders could succeed behind these guys.....maybe Earl Campbell.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: This line is one of the worst I've seen in a very long time on any team.  I have felt they have been overrated, and that is why I often clamored for a true, cannonball, full back if we were going to commit to run the ball.  They were overrated to begin with, and now they are falling apart.  Only Barry Sanders could succeed behind these guys.....maybe Earl Campbell.

It just shows that you have to invest all resources to win when you have a good team. Spend that little extra money to put the team over the top.

A lot of Bengal fans sided with the organizations strategy of not bringing in free agents like that would lead to a 10 year run of dominance.

Instead what we were left with is a 5 year run of making the playoffs and losing in the 1st Round.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It just shows that you have to invest all resources to win when you have a good team. Spend that little extra money to put the team over the top.

A lot of Bengal fans sided with the organizations strategy of not bringing in free agents like that would lead to a 10 year run of dominance.

Instead what we were left with is a 5 year run of making the playoffs and losing in the 1st Round.

Yessir, and I was one of those that called for outside FA help every year.....if memory serves, so were you.

Reply/Quote