Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Hope we Lose Out
It is awful, I mean they are 0-2-1 vs. the NFC East, and THIS TEAM IS HEALTHY!!!!! How in the hell did this happen? This has been the real eye test for me. When the Bengals are facing winning teams, they are loosing, and not looking great in doing so.

This Oline is absolutely disgracfull. How can they regress this much in less then a year? Andre Smith was not that big of a loss. They are getting zero run push and have been a revolving door on pass pro. How do you fix this? I almost think resigning Zeitler is a must this offseason now, and he isnt exactly setting the world on fire in a contract year.Cedric Ogbeuhi I think is so bad, you can probably label him a bust now and cut him. Fisher is ok, why isnt he getting anytime at RT or LG? I think the Russell Bodine experiment is comming to an end. Whit cant play until he is 40 can he? Boling is ok for the cheap price, but is seems like he has also regressed this season. I am out of ideas to help this line, and dont see it getting any better anytime soon.

How did this defense age so quickly? Michael Johnson is a non factor to be generous, Carlos Dansby stinks in pass coverage, Maualuga could be the worst rated LB in the league, cheers. None of this teams 1st round picks on CBs have panned out to this point, and we lost our best Saftey to the Raiders. It seems they are slow to the ball, cant tackle, no qb pressure, giving up way too many passing yards. This defense needs help on every level, Line, LBs, and secondary.

Say for the sake of argument a sudden miracle occurs and the Bengals do roll off 7 straight wins, win the division and make the playoffs. Then what? The only shot they have at winning is playing an AFC South team because this team is not beating a team like NE, Den, Oak, KC on the road.

So for this season the reality is I am done, and I hope they lose out, but with this team's luck is they will be completely out of it, and then win like the last 3 games when it doesnt matter and they hurt their draft stock
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:13 PM)jason Wrote: Right now they are looking at the 7th pick in the draft. They can probably pick a great CB from that slot.

Whoever they draft, we all know they aren't playing next year at all.  We won't see them until the 2018 season. 

But.....if they do draft a CB, I need to make a plug for my Hawkeye, Desmond King.  Yes, the best CB in this draft, hands down.  He's fantastic, trust me, he'll be terrific playing in stripes.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 04:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Whoever they draft, we all know they aren't playing next year at all.  We won't see them until the 2018 season. 

But.....if they do draft a CB, I need to make a plug for my Hawkeye, Desmond King.  Yes, the best CB in this draft, hands down.  He's fantastic, trust me, he'll be terrific playing in stripes.

I'm a Sparty fan and have been watching Big Ten football for years and Desmond King is one of the most talented college corners I have ever seen.  He's going to be a true "lock-down" NFL corner in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey man, no worries, hindsight is 20/20, right?  I just thought that you can't take things for granted, no one knows how things will go, or if you'll even wake up the next morning.  That was why my thoughts were "while you have a good core group, and some decent players around them, make a couple splash signings to put them over the top before the window closes".....cause you never know how quickly the window could close.  Injuries happen, sudden retirement, rapid aging, anything.....
This is very true. For the life of me I cannot figure out how Mikey thinks! Surely there are people around him saying about the same things you are. What does it take to get through to this man??? Sad Sick Cry Such a stubborn old fool! Unless he is visited in the night by the Ghost of Christmas Past, he will not have many mourners at his funeral.

Reply/Quote
I don't know if my heart could let me root for us to lose out... very difficult.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 11:42 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I would love to see Jabril Peppers end up here.  Perhaps he could finally end our inability to cover tight ends.

If Marvy is still here, we'll AGAIN end up with a couple of (WHO???   Shocked ) draft picks that may, or may not, ever be good NFL players. It is the Marvin Lewis way. Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 04:40 PM)Derrick Wrote: This is very true. For the life of me I cannot figure out how Mikey thinks! Surely there are people around him saying about the same things you are. What does it take to get through to this man??? Sad Sick Cry Such a stubborn old fool! Unless he is visited in the night by the Ghost of Christmas Past, he will not have many mourners at his funeral.

Man, if you figure that out, don't stop there, you may be onto the meaning of life! Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 04:43 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I don't know if my heart could let me root for us to lose out... very difficult.

I have four more games to attend, so I'm not cheering for them to lose.  If we can't make it into the playoffs, then let's keep someone else out.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Honestly, losing out would be a step backward in the right direction. It would take a great debacle to force Marvin out, and great draft position would really help a new HC turn it around quickly.
Reply/Quote
Could never pull for the Bengals to lose and expect to never do so.

That being said it would not surprise me if they lose the lions share of games left.

Do agree that the sand is running out quickly in Marvins hour glass and it should not be flipped back over.

Definitely do not ever want to see the bickering, finger pointing, whining, crying, cussing, banner flying from planes times of the 90's return though.

Screw that and with right moves in off season we could rebound pretty fast.

But it will require great drafting and maybe a big FA signing for O-line.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I understand the frustration and hoping for the Bengals to lose, because that might be the only way to get rid of Marvin.  At the end of the day though, we're all diehard fans here and deep down we all want to win every single game regardless of what we might say on here.  I don't see Marvin or Mike B. going anywhere as it has been this way for so very long now.  I do accept it, but it would be nice to try something different as well.

Unfortunately, the team is regressing and I think we all know that.  We might as well get used to it.  It was a good ride for awhile but you know it never lasts too long with the Bengals.  I actually see AJ Green perhaps forcing a trade in the offseason and I don't really blame him.  It's something in his voice or the look in his eyes that makes me think this.

It may take a few years to get this team back on track.  Andy, I think will stay here for the rest of his career.  He has the right demeanor for the Bengals.  He's unlikely to get pissed off and rock the boat or say something that would embarrass the coaching staff or management (Mike Brown).  We're coming up on our 30 year anniversary of SB23.  My God, has it been that long?  Crazy.

"Times may change but standards must remain." -  Bengals M.O.

[Image: akilibench_zoom.jpg]

TBT......These were the days when I never even got mad when the Bengals lost.  I just expected it and had fun anyway.  ThumbsUp
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:17 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I understand the frustration and hoping for the Bengals to lose, because that might be the only way to get rid of Marvin.  At the end of the day though, we're all diehard fans here and deep down we all want to win every single game regardless of what we might say on here.  I don't see Marvin or Mike B. going anywhere as it has been this way for so very long now.  I do accept it, but it would be nice to try something different as well.

Unfortunately, the team is regressing and I think we all know that.  We might as well get used to it.  It was a good ride for awhile but you know it never lasts too long with the Bengals.  I actually see AJ Green perhaps forcing a trade in the offseason and I don't really blame him.  It's something in his voice or the look in his eyes that makes me think this.

It may take a few years to get this team back on track.  Andy, I think will stay here for the rest of his career.  He has the right demeanor for the Bengals.  He's unlikely to get pissed off and rock the boat or say something that would embarrass the coaching staff or management (Mike Brown).  We're coming up on our 30 year anniversary of SB23.  My God, has it been that long?  Crazy.

TBT......These were the days when I never even got mad when the Bengals lost.  I just expected it and had fun anyway. 
Do you think Akili is checking out cheerleaders, stoned, or trying to remember if he locked his door?

I think it's all of the above.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 09:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I have four more games to attend, so I'm not cheering for them to lose.  If we can't make it into the playoffs, then let's keep someone else out.

I feel the same way. Can't bring myself to root for them to lose. I'll be there Sunday rooting for the win. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:17 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I understand the frustration and hoping for the Bengals to lose, because that might be the only way to get rid of Marvin.  At the end of the day though, we're all diehard fans here and deep down we all want to win every single game regardless of what we might say on here.  I don't see Marvin or Mike B. going anywhere as it has been this way for so very long now.  I do accept it, but it would be nice to try something different as well.

TBT......These were the days when I never even got mad when the Bengals lost.  I just expected it and had fun anyway.  ThumbsUp

Gus Ferotte telling Kitna: "When in doubt just throw it left handed bro."
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:17 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: [Image: akilibench_zoom.jpg]
(11-17-2016, 02:30 PM)jason Wrote: Do you think Akili is checking out cheerleaders, stoned, or trying to remember if he locked his door?

I think it's all of the above.

Betting on the door.  I think Kit's trying to see the 3D sailboat.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 08:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Betting on the door.  I think Kit's trying to see the 3D sailboat.

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 08:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Betting on the door.  I think Kit's trying to see the 3D sailboat.

[Image: mallrats-10th-anniversary-edition-200509...77-000.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This should be the new slogan shirt for the current Bengals team.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M5e9c09f308ed478cb32d2a5fffb6d...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 09:27 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This should be the new slogan shirt for the current Bengals team.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M5e9c09f308ed478cb32d2a5fffb6d...=300&h=300]

Reminds me of a certain old rock song......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't think we need to hope for them to lose out. Outside of the Browns, I just don't see how they beat any of the teams left on the schedule. They are just that bad in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote