Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Hope we Lose Out
Right now they are looking at the 7th pick in the draft. They can probably pick a great CB from that slot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yessir, and I was one of those that called for outside FA help every year.....if memory serves, so were you.

I backed them for not signing FAs and I was wrong. Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man, as much as I would love to see a top 5 draft pick...as much as I would love to see Marvin and most of the staff gone...as much as I would love to see some meaningful roster changes, I can't bring myself to root for the Bengals to lose out (or lose period).

Now, if it happens, and the things I mentioned actually occur, then maybe it's for the best. The thing that worries me is that if we win 2 or 3 more games, most everyone will be back next year. If we somehow win at least 7 games, then Mike probably gives Marvin another extension and everything stays basically the same for a couple more years.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want us to lose out, or even finish with a losing record...but at the same time, I really want to move on from Marvin and shake the roster up a bit. Ugh, what a season!  Wasted
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:42 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I backed them for not signing FAs and I was wrong. Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Hey man, no worries, hindsight is 20/20, right?  I just thought that you can't take things for granted, no one knows how things will go, or if you'll even wake up the next morning.  That was why my thoughts were "while you have a good core group, and some decent players around them, make a couple splash signings to put them over the top before the window closes".....cause you never know how quickly the window could close.  Injuries happen, sudden retirement, rapid aging, anything.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:13 PM)jason Wrote: Right now they are looking at the 7th pick in the draft. They can probably pick a great CB from that slot.
Please say that's a joke. We have three 1st round pick CBs on the roster excluding Jones. We need o-line / d-line and LB

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:13 PM)jason Wrote: Right now they are looking at the 7th pick in the draft. They can probably pick a great CB from that slot.

Just imagine the special teams contributions we could get with the 7th pick! We could fill our entire roster with players that can man the gunner position!

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, as much as I would love to see a top 5 draft pick...as much as I would love to see Marvin and most of the staff gone...as much as I would love to see some meaningful roster changes, I can't bring myself to root for the Bengals to lose out (or lose period).

Now, if it happens, and the things I mentioned actually occur, then maybe it's for the best. The thing that worries me is that if we win a 2 or 3 more games, most everyone will be back next year. If we somehow win at least 7 games, then Mike probably gives Marvin another extension and everything stays basically the same for a couple more years.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want us to lose out, or even finish with a losing record...but at the same time, I really want to move on from Marvin and shake the roster up a bit. Ugh, what a season!  Wasted

We're Bengals fans.  You just know that the team will win a couple meaningless games at the end of the year to knock us out of a better draft position and to give people hope.  We'll hear that it just took the team longer to gel with the new assistant coaches than anyone imagined, but how they are ready to dominate next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:27 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: We're Bengals fans.  You just know that the team will win a couple meaningless games at the end of the year to knock us out of a better draft position and to give people hope.  We'll hear that it just took the team longer to gel with the new assistant coaches than anyone imagined, but how they are ready to dominate next year.

Heck...we meltdown in a playoff game and lose in probably one of the worst ways possible...the 5th playoff loss in a row...and fans expect a Super Bowl run the next year!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, as much as I would love to see a top 5 draft pick...as much as I would love to see Marvin and most of the staff gone...as much as I would love to see some meaningful roster changes, I can't bring myself to root for the Bengals to lose out (or lose period).

Now, if it happens, and the things I mentioned actually occur, then maybe it's for the best. The thing that worries me is that if we win a 2 or 3 more games, most everyone will be back next year. If we somehow win at least 7 games, then Mike probably gives Marvin another extension and everything stays basically the same for a couple more years.

I don't know how much hope I'd have for a top 5 pick. I've already accepted that Marvin will be here next season with no coaching changes because Mike Brown. So with Marvin and Co. in the draft room, I'd fully expect us to take someone that gets the fan base excited. We hear all about how they're performing great in camp, we see some plays in preseason. Then we get to the regular season, where our top 5 pick is trotting out onto the football field to cover the kickoff. Then we don't see him again until the next kickoff or punt.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

And not play him for 4 years
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yessir, and I was one of those that called for outside FA help every year.....if memory serves, so were you.

You, Pistons, me and toast jones were always pushing the hardest. Thank goodness we kept saving up for this 3-5-1 team that never won a single playoff 
game. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope we don't. Cheer up, it's just a game.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Well if we aren't making the playoffs, then in theory it works out best if we do lose out, since it gives us a prime draft pick.

Flip side to that is it just creates a losing culture. Is the 5th pick more important than being competitive? I dont know tbh, but I do know that the good teams who are good every single season (almost) rarely hold a high pick. You could argue both cases.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:07 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Well if we aren't making the playoffs, then in theory it works out best if we do lose out, since it gives us a prime draft pick.

Flip side to that is it just creates a losing culture. Is the 5th pick more important than being competitive? I dont know tbh, but I do know that the good teams who are good every single season (almost) rarely hold a high pick. You could argue both cases.
A lot of people want a house cleaning. We already know Mike Brown won't do that if they finish near .500. He may not do it if they finish with 3 wins... He's a goofy bastard if nothing else.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Honestly with the 7th pick.. I would take an athletic LB like Rueban Foster, Jabrill Peppers (Beast Hybrid S/LB), Jonathan Allen (Beast DE), or get another weapon for Andy (WR/RB) and take a center and OT with 2nd and 3rd round picks.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
This losing streak didn't start this year. It started in the middle of last season when the Bengals finished 4-4 and lost in the playoffs too. Since mid-2015, Cincinnati is 7-10-1. Chew on that for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:53 PM)jason Wrote: A lot of people want a house cleaning. We already know Mike Brown won't do that if they finish near .500. He may not do it if they finish with 3 wins... He's a goofy bastard if nothing else.

Yeah much as I want Marv out, I dont think it likely whether we win out or lose out.... im not sure what he has to do to get fired here.

The ironic thing is, we all want Marv gone.... well, the Bengals like to promote from within. Zampese as HC anyone?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This losing streak didn't start this year.  It started in the middle of last season when the Bengals finished 4-4 and lost in the playoffs too.  Since mid-2015, Cincinnati is 7-10-1.  Chew on that for awhile.

We're 0-10-1 against teams with a winning record during this debacle (including playoffs).

Pitiful, awful, inexcusable !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We're 0-10-1 against teams with a winning record during this debacle (including playoffs).

Pitiful, awful, inexcusable !
That is the real shocker that gets lost in all of this. That gets you fired in most other franchises.

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:47 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Honestly with the 7th pick.. I would take an athletic LB like Rueban Foster, Jabrill Peppers (Beast Hybrid S/LB), Jonathan Allen (Beast DE), or get another weapon for Andy (WR/RB) and take a center and OT with 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I would love to see Jabril Peppers end up here.  Perhaps he could finally end our inability to cover tight ends.
Reply/Quote