Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Hope we Lose Out
(11-15-2016, 03:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yup. Hope we lose every single remaining game. Throw in a few blowouts.  Let it get real ugly. Empty seats, disgruntled fans, non-stop negative local coverage and reaction. Sprinkle in some finger pointing and in house fighting for good measure.  Put on a level of disfunction and a cloud of apathy not seen since George W. was in his first term.

Let everyone from supporters and peers see this regime for what it currently is, a failure. Leave no doubt in anyone's mind that significant change must take place.  Force the issue, along with Mike Brown's hand.  And while you're at it, wipe that smug look off a Marvin's face.

Me saying, thinking and believing any and all of this may make me less of a fan in some minds. And maybe they're right. I don't know, nor do I care. It's the truth. This is what I want to see.  And I suspect I'm not alone.

If some of you want different results I completely understand. It makes perfect sense. But I want to see a real shit show. Bring the circus to town. Let it rain down boos. Let that smug bum of a coach squirm more with each press conference.  I think the best medicine for a lot us  here would just be to enjoy the show. A bumpy ride makes it exciting. And I'd rather laugh at absurd conclusion than continue to allow this team to cause me any frustration.

This is me from here on out, I really don't give a f#%k enough to give any more f#$ks:  Popcorn  Popcorn  Popcorn

What's that expression, some people just want to watch the world burn? That about sums it up.

If we can make the playoffs, and with the division there is still a chance.  Teams get hot sometimes and unsuspectingly start winning.  This happens so to state you want us to lose the remainder of the games is just LAME. 
Reply/Quote
In my heart I still want the Bengals to win, but in my head I know they don't deserve to win...on so many levels.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We of course paid for our season tickets.....not sure why we keep torturing ourselves. Instead of sitting in those seats this weekend I will be home in my nice warm house not giving a crap about the game. I'm over it.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 09:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:

Damn you...

I was just heading to post that Mad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 02:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Damn you...

I was just heading to post that Mad

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yup. Hope we lose every single remaining game. Throw in a few blowouts.  Let it get real ugly. Empty seats, disgruntled fans, non-stop negative local coverage and reaction. Sprinkle in some finger pointing and in house fighting for good measure.  Put on a level of disfunction and a cloud of apathy not seen since George W. was in his first term.

Let everyone from supporters and peers see this regime for what it currently is, a failure. Leave no doubt in anyone's mind that significant change must take place.  Force the issue, along with Mike Brown's hand.  And while you're at it, wipe that smug look off a Marvin's face.

Me saying, thinking and believing any and all of this may make me less of a fan in some minds. And maybe they're right. I don't know, nor do I care. It's the truth. This is what I want to see.  And I suspect I'm not alone.

If some of you want different results I completely understand. It makes perfect sense. But I want to see a real shit show. Bring the circus to town. Let it rain down boos. Let that smug bum of a coach squirm more with each press conference.  I think the best medicine for a lot us  here would just be to enjoy the show. A bumpy ride makes it exciting. And I'd rather laugh at absurd conclusion than continue to allow this team to cause me any frustration.

This is me from here on out, I really don't give a f#%k enough to give any more f#$ks:  Popcorn  Popcorn  Popcorn

What's that expression, some people just want to watch the world burn? That about sums it up.

That isn't happening, sorry.

We will pry win atleast 3 more games and we could win out and still squeak into the Playoffs.

I do understand why some would want this though. Frustrating shit this coaching is.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 4-11-1 is looking likely, and that would match our 2008 record. Obviously Marv didn't get fired or resign after that mess, so I expect no change. The o-line is a complete disaster (now on pace for 52 sacks, and yet another awful year for run blocking), yet we all know Paul is going nowhere. Zampese is a joke and seems lost inside the RZ. Guenther can't get any pressure going.

The worst mistake has been by Mike Brown though. Not transitioning from Marv to Zimmer or Gruden after that dreadful playoff game against the Chargers will go down as yet another colossal mistake by the king of loyalty and losing. IF he moves on from Marv, it'll be at least 3 years too late.

If I were a betting man I'd be willing to bet we could not win another game this season and Marvin will still be here next season. MB is really that stubborn and unwilling to break loyalty ties. PA will still be here as well if he so desires.

Only real hope we have is that MB comes to his senses (doubt it) and promotes ML to whatever title. Or ML decides he's had enough. What's really sad is I'd also say if a miracle happened and we won out and made playoffs. And ML served up another embarrassing play off loss 0-8. MB would still bring him back. Most stubborn man in the history of the world !
Reply/Quote
the only time someone should hope for their team to lose out is if there is less than 4 games to go and they are in the running for the 1st overall pick imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 06:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the only time someone should hope for their team to lose out is if there is less than 4 games to go and they are in the running for the 1st overall pick imo.

I just can't hope for my team to lose, just not in me. Having said that, whatever it takes to get Marvin Lewis and his merry band of coaching clowns out of here I'm all for.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That isn't happening, sorry.

We will pry win atleast 3 more games and we could win out and still squeak into the Playoffs.

I do understand why some would want this though. Frustrating shit this coaching is.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mbc8b81f7eacf7fc098fac4e4a6a17...=307&h=154]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Let's say Wes gets his wish and they lose out, and lose out ugly.....and they keep Marvin Lewis anyway. Then what?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 09:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.Mbc8b81f7eacf7fc098fac4e4a6a17...=307&h=154]

I was going for Yoda when i said it lol
Reply/Quote
I'm almost ready to agree with you Toast...I mean Wes. I live in the Buffalo market, and a friend of mine invited me over to his Bill's party. I'm not sure if I want us to win, we don't deserve to. Watching that Giants game made me say enough is enough. O-line running all over the place like the Cowboys of yesteryear only to gain about three or even lose yardage. Defense that can make any running back look all world. Gaining a high pick would allow us to sell it back to the Browns for three or four more, maybe even to someone else because you know the Browns are gonna screw their pick up and not grab anybody the other teams want. Maybe, just maybe; colossal coaching changes could happen and is intriguing. I gotta say the players are well coached to run dumb plays, all that running around and no false starts from it was impressive.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 02:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: Let's say Wes gets his wish and they lose out, and lose out ugly.....and they keep Marvin Lewis anyway. Then what?

At least we get a good draft pick?

This is a situation that's unique to Bengals fans. Seriously, what other fan base would question whether or not the owner would fire a guy with a 3-12-1 record with 8 straight losses? Most owners would be working on firing Marv for a 5th time by now. 

I'm not saying I hope the team loses out. I can't really bring myself to really hope for losses. It's pretty sad though that some of our fans feel the team needs to severely tank in order to have some shot to get rid of a coach that's never really won anything though. I believe that says more about Mike Brown than the fans who feel that sense of desperation.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Anymore worrying about this team has been kind of like worrying about what brand of toilet paper people 7 blocks away are buying.. it really is as if two different people are using my mind. One doesn't care one way or the other and the other is split on winning vs losing.  Like many here I'm not convinced that losing every game between now and ten years from now will get anything changed. I'm not completely convinced that if we go 0-160 over the next 10 years Marvin will get fired . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
And to think Dansby signed here to play for a Super Bowl contender.....
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 03:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: And to think Dansby signed here to play for a Super Bowl contender.....

That has become a lose-lose for everyone.
Dansby must have been sold the same bill of goods we fans were. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 03:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: And to think Dansby signed here to play for a Super Bowl contender.....

He signed here because we were the only ones stupid enough to offer a contract to an aging linebacker who can't run and may be good for a tipped pass every once in awhile. 

But if I were him I would dress up the reality as well.
Reply/Quote
I don't think they will lose out they may win 2 more games, but it's not a smug look on Marvin's face it's confusion.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 07:30 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: I don't think they will lose out they may win 2 more games, but it's not a smug look on Marvin's face it's confusion.

I would have guessed it was gas, but, six of one....
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote