Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am absolutely HYPED over Andre Iosivas
I gotta say, I think we found an absolute gem in this kid. ELITE speed and athleticism, and he's flashed when given the opportunity this year. I REALLY think he's going to be special. He seems like he's got the right attitude to work and get better as well.

Pair his speed with Chase Brown's speed, and man...next year we are going to have some weapons on that offense.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Who Dey

Always fun seeing a fan get behind a player. It would be oh so lovely if Iosivas and Jones emerged as weapons for Burrow. I'd love for us to remember the '23 draft as a WR heavy gem for the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I gotta say, I think we found an absolute gem in this kid. ELITE speed and athleticism, and he's flashed when given the opportunity this year. I REALLY think he's going to be special. He seems like he's got the right attitude to work and get better as well.

Pair his speed with Chase Brown's speed, and man...next year we are going to have some weapons on that offense.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopefully he works on getting those hands stronger.  Smart kid with a great perspective.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I gotta say, I think we found an absolute gem in this kid. ELITE speed and athleticism, and he's flashed when given the opportunity this year. I REALLY think he's going to be special. He seems like he's got the right attitude to work and get better as well.

He's gotta work on holding onto the ball through contact, but there's a lot to be optimistic about with him. Could wind being a later round steal.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I'm not down on the kid, because he is a developmental prospect, but he was really not that impressive this year.  He played 26% of the offensive snaps and wound up with only 116 yards and a brutal 4.6 yards per target.  He did show some promise in the red zone, but I really saw nothing that makes me say I want him to have a bigger role in the offense next year.
Reply/Quote

Get in line lol

Him being half-Romanian (as a super-proud Italian, we have a kinship with Romanians), born in Japan, an Ivy Leaguer AND being on our team, he vaulted to one fo my 3 favourite players on the team the day he was drafted.

I said to my wife that I'm not in the market for a jersey right now, but if I get one, it'll be a Iosivas one, 100%.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:25 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Who Dey

Always fun seeing a fan get behind a player. It would be oh so lovely if Iosivas and Jones emerged as weapons for Burrow. I'd love for us to remember the '23 draft as a WR heavy gem for the Bengals.

If Tee Higgins leaves it will be up to Andrei Iosivas, Charlie Jones, and Trenton Irwin to become great receivers.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not down on the kid, because he is a developmental prospect, but he was really not that impressive this year.  He played 26% of the offensive snaps and wound up with only 116 yards and a brutal 4.6 yards per target.  He did show some promise in the red zone, but I really saw nothing that makes me say I want him to have a bigger role in the offense next year.

6th rounder
From an FCS School
Was literally the 5th option on almost every snap he took.

What more do you want him to do/see?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not down on the kid, because he is a developmental prospect, but he was really not that impressive this year.  He played 26% of the offensive snaps and wound up with only 116 yards and a brutal 4.6 yards per target.  He did show some promise in the red zone, but I really saw nothing that makes me say I want him to have a bigger role in the offense next year.

4 TDs for the rookie says otherwise.  He shows that he can score the ball.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He just seems like a redzone threat for now. Hopefully he can turn into more. But I have my doubts. 6th round pick after all.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 4 TDs for the rookie says otherwise.  He shows that he can score the ball.

He had 2 TD's in scramble drill situations and 2 against the Browns backups in a glorified preseason game.  Now, I'll give him his due for carving out a role on ST's and showing some good wherewithal to improvise and get open when the play breaks down, but his game needs a lot of work before I would even think about penciling him in as a starter or even a primary backup. 
Reply/Quote
If we keep Tee then I don't mind him being the 3rd Wr(Chase moves to the slot in this scenario). However I don't see him as a true #2 yet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Shows promise for sure, though needs to show it about more with 1s team defense and getting open off the line, plus improve hands.. i thought Jones showed up well yesterday, im less excited about Brown, I felt he regressed the last part of season especially running the ball, if we don;t bring Mixon back, we need to get a hammer FA or draft a strong RB for between tackles.
Reply/Quote
I think he has a ton of potential. I think it was Randy Moss that really liked him in the preseason.

I wish the Bengals got him more throws and yards this year.

But, it is what it is.

Reply/Quote
Just needs to work on concentration and holding the ball as he takes a hit. So far so good though.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

This is where I'm at as well. Right now, he's a decent red zone weapon. And that's fine for now, he has carved out that role for himself in his rookie year, which is to be commended. Hopefully he uses this off-season to improve his hand strength and watches a TON of opposing DB tape, then goes into OTAs and TC ready for a bigger role.
Reply/Quote

There were multiple times this year where he was open on what would have been a 50 yard plus TD multiple times. They just never looked his way. 

I think there were more opportunities than what showed up on the stat sheet...plus his athletic measurables are some of the best that have ever come out of the draft. That alone gets me excited. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 04:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he has a ton of potential. I think it was Randy Moss that really liked him in the preseason.

I wish the Bengals got him more throws and yards this year.

But, it is what it is.

Puka Nacua on the top of that list (5th round) set the NFL rookie single-season records for total receptions (105) and total receiving yards (1,486). Now there's a late-round gem. In fact, Iosivas is last on the list presented by Goodberry in terms of yards.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 04:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There were multiple times this year where he was open on what would have been a 50 yard plus TD multiple times. They just never looked his way. 

I think there were more opportunities than what showed up on the stat sheet...plus his athletic measurables are some of the best that have ever come out of the draft. That alone gets me excited. 

Development wise those routes showed absolutely nothing. Free releases and running straight through coverage on clear out routes and as you mentioned because rhe ball wasn't throw his way we didn't get to see him track and catch a ball over his shoulder. Yesterday had 2 really good scouting reps for Yoshi both sideline. One was the back shoulder against man coverage and the other was the body catch that got jarred loose with the hit.

Being physical at the catch point and making catches through contact were two of Iosivas' biggest question marks coming out of Ivy League FCS. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 04:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Development wise those routes showed absolutely nothing. Free releases and running straight through coverage on clear out routes and as you mentioned because rhe ball wasn't throw his way we didn't get to see him track and catch a ball over his shoulder. Yesterday had 2 really good scouting reps for Yoshi both sideline. One was the back shoulder against man coverage and the other was the body catch that got jarred loose with the hit.

Being physical at the catch point and making catches through contact were two of Iosivas' biggest question marks coming out of Ivy League FCS. 

I think another off-season of training/putting on size and strength will benefit him for sure. I remember Tee having similar issues his first couple years in the league and he really got better fighting through catches with the size and strength he put on. 
Reply/Quote