Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-04-2021, 10:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Chase, Sewell, and Pitts are all available when our clock starts.

Roger Goodell walks up to the podium

"With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern."

How do you react?

Good, solid pick but i probably shake my head and turn the channel to avoid throwing something...because i've been trying hard the last couple years to not get so emotionally invested in the team. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2021, 10:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Chase, Sewell, and Pitts are all available when our clock starts.

Roger Goodell walks up to the podium

"With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern."

How do you react?

I would be happy he starts right away at guard. I would prefer a trade down in that scenario. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, love your Draft thoughts Bob. Too bad you haven't been able to keep up with the Draft this year. Great year of 
prospects and the best of the lot in my opinion is Kyle Pitts just like last year was Joe Burrow. Think this man can be 
great just the same. This guy Pitts is even more impressive than Calvin Johnson coming out with his size, hands, route
running, speed and versatility to also play TE in a pinch.

Consider it Chris.

Think the Falcons will take him anyways, but if they don't I think we should take him over Chase and we will score lots of TD's.

If we could get Eskridge that late I would be very surprised. Feel the same way about him.

Great post Wes, just fantastic post.

Pitts could be the next greatest offensive weapon.

Another epic post Master P.

The thing about Pitts is that everybody should be wanting this player after the Reiff and Spain signings.

The Draft is deep at OT.

True IMHO.

I hear you Nate. I'm still on the Sewell bandwagon, but I keep flip flopping. I still want Sewell to be the pick,  but wouldn't mind Pitts at all. I wrote up another post where I compare KP to Vernon Davis,  but Davis had more athletic numbers. At the end of the day, I don't really mind what the Bengals do, cause they are the doers and we're simply watchers. I can only hope it works out for the best. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 12:23 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I hear you Nate. I'm still on the Sewell bandwagon, but I keep flip flopping. I still want Sewell to be the pick,  but wouldn't mind Pitts at all. I wrote up another post where I compare KP to Vernon Davis,  but Davis had more athletic numbers. At the end of the day, I don't really mind what the Bengals do, cause they are the doers and we're simply watchers. I can only hope it works out for the best. 

Yeah, They are about the same speed Pitts and Davis but Pitts has a bigger wingspan and is a bigger weapon overall.

Sounds like the Falcons will take him though so it is probably between Sewell and Chase, would love either.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This guy is a GENERATIONAL talent at WR. He's AJ Green with more speed and better measurables (that just came in from his pro day). There are currently like 4 guys in the NFL that have his measurables and ability. His pre existing chemistry/relationship with Burrow is just a cherry on top of the Sunday.

He's not Tee Higgins - he's on a completely different level.

I get protecting Burrow, but the Bengals HAVE to draft this guy with the 5th pick. He's just too much of a game changing talent not too. We should all be SALIVATING at the though of an offense consisting of Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, and...JaMarr Chase. It would easily be a top 5 unit in the NFL.

NFL teams are built around game changing talent and playmakers. Yes, Sewell would be a great addition and sure help with protecting Burrow, but you only have so many chances to draft a talent like Chase over the course of history. The Bengals did it with AJ Green...we need to do it with JaMarr Chase.

If we are going to consider Chase a generational talent, then we have to throw that title on Smith and Waddle as there are more than a few guys that have either one of those 2 as WR1.  Which tells me one simple thing - he's not that generational talent.  He's great, but there are guys like him that come around in almost every draft.

If you want to talk about generational, then you look at Pitts.  He would add a dimension to this offense that very few teams in the NFL have.  I still lean towards Sewell, but I'd much rather take the best pass catcher in Pitts, who to me, compares to Calvin Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If we are going to consider Chase a generational talent, then we have to throw that title on Smith and Waddle as there are more than a few guys that have either one of those 2 as WR1.  Which tells me one simple thing - he's not that generational talent.  He's great, but there are guys like him that come around in almost every draft.

If you want to talk about generational, then you look at Pitts.  He would add a dimension to this offense that very few teams in the NFL have.  I still lean towards Sewell, but I'd much rather take the best pass catcher in Pitts, who to me, compares to Calvin Johnson.

Agree on Pitts, disagree on Smith who is crazy skinny and Waddle who is coming off of injury.

Chase is clearly the best WR of those 3 but Pitts is the generational talent if there is one in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If we are going to consider Chase a generational talent, then we have to throw that title on Smith and Waddle as there are more than a few guys that have either one of those 2 as WR1.  Which tells me one simple thing - he's not that generational talent.  He's great, but there are guys like him that come around in almost every draft.

Pitts is an anomaly. His measurements are off the charts for how fast he is. You bring up a good point as far as generational talent. That word gets thrown out there every year, but rarely does a player like Pitts come along. He was atop my list at one time. Still wont be upset if we get him. Hopefully ZT would use him proper. Malik Wright said we would take defense before we take Pitts, but maybe he said that because thats who we are hoping to get. Not a fan of insiders leaking draft info honestly. He may be messing with ppl in saying some of the things he is saying as a smokescreen. Cant wait until the draft. This is the most exciting one in a long time. 
Reply/Quote
This is pretty interesting wrt how much Chase really stands out.

https://mfootballanalytics.com/2021/04/16/nfl-draft-wide-receiver-clustering-and-edp/

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is pretty interesting wrt how much Chase really stands out.

https://mfootballanalytics.com/2021/04/16/nfl-draft-wide-receiver-clustering-and-edp/

That was a good read, thanks.  Obviously Chase and Smith stand out, but interestingly enough there are quite a few players projected to go a bit lower that stand out as outliers as well. Nicco Collins (he can play, as a UM guy I know the QBs killed him), Dyami Brown, Josh Imatorbhebhe (had it worse than NiccoCollins).  Not the easiest to inteperet the significance of the X and Y axis though on the cluster graph.  Hopefully he makes a similar on for OT.  Always good to get more info.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Interesting graph, but it is definitely skewed by one year of production at LSU in a perfect system with perfect talent.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Interesting graph, but it is definitely skewed by one year of production at LSU in a perfect system with perfect talent.

We heard this exact same thing said about Burrow a lot too. Just sayin...

Reply/Quote