Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-01-2021, 05:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/available/

Cody Core!!!!!! LOL

Slim pickings.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 05:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I had the same exact almost mock draft on PFF weeks ago.
I think I selected Dazz Newsome instead of Terry but anyhow..
Does anyone remember how porous this offense  has been in the red zone the last 2-seasons. ?
Kyle Pitts is the ultimate weapon in the red zone. 
Just imagine AJ Green in his prime.
Pitts is the total package. Size speed radius hands. 
Nobody else in this draft has his overall makeup

We think alike here for sure. We can still take care of the OL after the first. It is just there isn't a player I have seen like 
this ever for us and that includes AJ which is an amazing thing to say. I don't know HOW good Pitts can be if used like a 
WR more than a TE. But you can use him at TE here and there as well, just don't have him blocking Ends.

(04-01-2021, 05:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's a stud. That's why many including McShay are predicting that he ends up a Falcon. Ryan loves having an all pro TE.

Would be a great pick for them, hope they take Chase so we can get Pitts honestly. Love Chase but there are WR's like him 
that come out every once in awhile. Pitts is like Megatron but also can play TE, never seen it.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We think alike here for sure. We can still take care of the OL after the first. It is just there isn't a player I have seen like 
this ever for us and that includes AJ which is an amazing thing to say. I don't know HOW good Pitts can be if used like a 
WR more than a TE. But you can use him at TE here and there as well, just don't have him blocking Ends.

Would be a great pick for them, hope they take Chase so we can get Pitts honestly. Love Chase but there are WR's like him 
that come out every once in awhile. Pitts is like Megatron but also can play TE, never seen it.

Admittedly I haven't been able to keep up with the draft much this year but what is it that makes Pitts such an amazing prospect?

I keep seeing people say thing like generational talent, comparing him to Megatron and other things, and I've seen some highlights and he looks really good but you say you've never seen it at TE but when I watch him I see Darren Waller. Not a knock on him at all, having a threat like Waller would be amazing but I don't see this Megatron of TEs or a generational talent like some.

Again not trying to disagree with you just haven't been able to invest much time in the draft this year due to work and I am curious what separates him from a guy like Waller that makes him SO much more amazing than the elite TE prospects in the last decade?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 05:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not a bad scenario either....it just all comes down to preference. I certainly won't be butthurt with Pitts or Chase....

Couldn't they just pick

Rd 1-Chase
Rd 2-T/G
Rd 3 - T/G/Edge
Rd 4 - Tommy Tremble(or 5th Rd)
Rd 5 - BPA
Rd 6 - BPA
Rd 7 - BPA
Rd 7 - BPA

After the draft possibly sign other team cuts.

Pick up a game changing WR, fill out your TEs, and add to O-line/edge rush.

This won't exactly contribute to Burrow's death(LOL)unless you're over-the-top for Sewell.

The only thing that can be said for drafting players like Pitts/Chase is if Higgins goes down we have Boyd... that's it.

They can revamp the O-line even more with draft/FA plus not having an idiot like Turner for the coach.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 06:56 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Admittedly I haven't been able to keep up with the draft much this year but what is it that makes Pitts such an amazing prospect?

I keep seeing people say thing like generational talent, comparing him to Megatron and other things, and I've seen some highlights and he looks really good but you say you've never seen it at TE but when I watch him I see Darren Waller. Not a knock on him at all, having a threat like Waller would be amazing but I don't see this Megatron of TEs or a generational talent like some.

Again not trying to disagree with you just haven't been able to invest much time in the draft this year due to work and I am curious what separates him from a guy like Waller that makes him SO much more amazing than the elite TE prospects in the last decade?
Pitts worked over Patrick Surtain for starters who is a projected
1st RD pick this year
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We think alike here for sure. We can still take care of the OL after the first. It is just there isn't a player I have seen like 

Thats just it. Your are getting 2 players for the price of 1 with 
Pitts.....a TE and WR. 
You can still have him.and Sample on.the field at the same time.
2-TE sets are awfully.hard to stop when factor in Mixon Higgins 
Boyd on.the field too.
Reply/Quote
Whichever way though go, Chase and then OL, OL for instance or Sewell and then WR and OL, I’m hoping the rd 2 and 3 picks aren’t whiffed because whoever way they go should work out okay.
I am of the thought to go Sewell and then WR but if you go Chase/Pitts can you then get a better o line prospect at 2 than you would a WR prospect?
It’s still a pretty good position to be in to probably have your choice of player available at 5.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Except that Pitts is a WR more than he is a TE. He would be lined up on the outside or anywhere we see a mismatch.

The argument against Pitts cause he is a TE is not a valid one. He is more Calvin Johnson than Gronk.

Interesting view. Not something that I considered.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 08:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or maybe ZT did not have a Kyle Pitts talent at TE and he can catch 120 balls in 2021? A good coach will game plan for a great player, the Pitts team will game plan for the rookie. If he is healthy, he will be a 100 yard reception guy and 1100 yard player in 2021 is my humble opinion regardless of who is throwing to him.

But, I still take Sewell over him if both available

I understand that. But have we actually seen Taylor admit that he's got it wrong and deciding to change his ways? We still have the same coordinators. Vomit! It took two bad years to get rid of Turner, and that very well might have been forced on him.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 12:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because we have a good history of developing guys for the O-line.... if we had any success with that we wouldn't be picking top 10...

On the flip side, we can and have (just last season) taken WR's in round 2 and beyond and gotten production.

This is what frustrates me so much. The... try and develop a guy mentality, the well this guy could be good, might be good, has some flaws but we can fix them, is injured and draft stock fell, tested poorly but who cares, etc, etc... just once... I'd like to see this team do the smart thing. 

I get that Chase is a great prospect... however, Sewell is just as great of a prospect. 

Two equally awesome prospects. One, at a position of need that you have shown you can't develop for years.

The other at a position of lesser need but still need, but also at a group that you literally just had a 2nd Rounder give you 908 yards in 14 games.

It sounds like your biggest argument is that the Bengals can't develop talent on the offensive line.  I understand why the most recent failure of Ogbuehi is fresh in your mind, but they have developed plenty of offensive linemen over the years.  Andrew Whitworth and Stacy Andrews come to mind.  They even won a division with the ever popular Dennis Roland playing RT in 2009.  

I also want to reinforce the point I tried to make about how Chase improves every level of the offense.  Sewell simply can't do that on his own.  Chase can.  Sewell, at best, will be a really good starting RT as a rookie.  We already have that with Reiff.  And I certainly wouldn't be upset if they took Sewell and kick Reiff inside to RG.  However, I think the talent out there for Rd 2 would not only be a solid RG next year that could possibly be developed (not immediately forced to start) to move outside to RT.  

Carmen might not test with the quickness they want for a RT, but I could see him becoming a stalwart at RG.  An absolute bully of a run blocker.  And the Bengals also have Adeniji that they think pretty highly of.  It is like he has been forgotten.  He got some valuable playing time last year.  

But I keep coming back to Chase.  I just love the guy.  He tests like a freak and his tape matches it.  He knows Burrow and they are good friends.  He is built like a SS and tough as nails.  An Alpha.  

For this draft, the talent at OT and WR is deep, but I haven't seen a player like Chase in a while.  He literally has no downside that I can see.  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 12:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Conversely, you can snag a guy like this in the later rounds that can catch em in stride.....and runs a 4.44

I like him, but don't love him.  He isn't sudden, but has the longer stride speed.  He could be a nice asset to have with Chase, Boyd, and Higgins.  Just because I want Chase at #5 doesn't mean I am not adding another WR in Rd 4 or 5
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Draft him in the 5th and I am happy, take Pitts early go O-line with 2 picks in the 2nd to 4th rounds is the way I would like it
if Pitts gets past Atlanta who are expressing interest in him. Something like this is what I would love...

1st - Kyle Pitts TE/WR
2nd - Quinn Meinerz G/C
3rd - Patrick Jones DE
4th - Spencer Brown OT
5th - Tamarrion Terry WR

Think this takes care of the OL while adding weapons and helps the pass rush. Spencer Brown I think will be a steal for who
ever Drafts him in a year. Perfect OT to learn behind Reiff and Jonah IMO.

Both Pitts and Terry would be great deep threats for Burrow. Terry is also 6'4" unlike some of the other speedsters I like in 
this Draft like Eskridge and Darden who are smaller.

I am not as much in the Pitts fan club, but LOVE picks 2-5.  I might take the versatile, tough, and lightning-quick Eskridge if he was there in the 5th instead.  That kid won me over at the Senior Bowl.  He would immediately give the Bengals a massive upgrade on punt and kick returns.  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 06:56 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Admittedly I haven't been able to keep up with the draft much this year but what is it that makes Pitts such an amazing prospect?

They love Pitts for one thing:  size.  If he wasn't so big (he's actually 6' 5 and 5/8", not a full 6'6") and still clocked the speed of 4.44, I don't think he would have near the buzz.  His production wasn't crazy (had 100 total receptions in 3 years, although almost of all of it came the last two).  

If people are so in love with his size, ask yourself why?  Bigger catch radius?  Ok, that makes sense, but with a 34" vertical, compared to Chase's 41", doesn't that balance out a bit?  And ball tracking skills?  It's Chase, not even close.  Change of direction?  I can name 10 WRs that will do that better.  He isn't even that great a blocker, and I don't care if you think you will line him up outside all the time, it is still something that he will be required to do in the NFL.  

I like the guy, but I just don't love him like so many that are on the "He's Calvin Johnson" hype train.  Johnson had an incredible 42.5" vertical.  A full 8" higher than Pitts.  Please.  His 4.44 at the "pro day" isn't like Johnson's 4.35 at the more reliable Indy Combine. 

Pitts will be a solid pro.  I would love to have him, but not at #5.  Chase simply does what very few people can do:  Test off the charts, produce in the toughest conference in the league, and has mitts that simply don't drop the ball.  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They love Pitts for one thing:  size.  If he wasn't so big (he's actually 6' 5 and 5/8", not a full 6'6") and still clocked the speed of 4.44, I don't think he would have near the buzz.  His production wasn't crazy (had 100 total receptions in 3 years, although almost of all of it came the last two).  

If people are so in love with his size, ask yourself why?  Bigger catch radius?  Ok, that makes sense, but with a 34" vertical, compared to Chase's 41", doesn't that balance out a bit?  And ball tracking skills?  It's Chase, not even close.  Change of direction?  I can name 10 WRs that will do that better.  He isn't even that great a blocker, and I don't care if you think you will line him up outside all the time, it is still something that he will be required to do in the NFL.  

I like the guy, but I just don't love him like so many that are on the "He's Calvin Johnson" hype train.  Johnson had an incredible 42.5" vertical.  A full 8" higher than Pitts.  Please.  His 4.44 at the "pro day" isn't like Johnson's 4.35 at the more reliable Indy Combine. 

Pitts will be a solid pro.  I would love to have him, but not at #5.  Chase simply does what very few people can do:  Test off the charts, produce in the toughest conference in the league, and has mitts that simply don't drop the ball.  

That's basically what I had been thinking but was wondering if I was missing something with my limited research.

For me Chase is the pick but I'd be happy with Sewell as well. One of those 2 guys should be there at 5 and is a no brainer.

I think the outside of our Oline is in decent shape and interior lineman can be found after round 1, get the playmaker in 1 and bolster the interior in rounds 2-4.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 10:06 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That's basically what I had been thinking but was wondering if I was missing something with my limited research.

For me Chase is the pick but I'd be happy with Sewell as well. One of those 2 guys should be there at 5 and is a no brainer.

I think the outside of our Oline is in decent shape and interior lineman can be found after round 1, get the playmaker in 1 and bolster the interior in rounds 2-4.

There is also some later-round developmental talent like Spencer Brown.  At nearly 6'9" tall, he isn't going to be a guard, but with some NFL coaching and reps, I think he could be a steal.  I would even use a 3rd round grade on him and could see going offense with the first three picks.  It makes sense given how much of FA was spent on the defense.  

I would be THRILLED with a first three rounds that look like this:

Ja'Marr Chase, WR
Quinn Meinerz, G/C
Spencer Brown, OT
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They love Pitts for one thing:  size.  If he wasn't so big (he's actually 6' 5 and 5/8", not a full 6'6") and still clocked the speed of 4.44, I don't think he would have near the buzz.  His production wasn't crazy (had 100 total receptions in 3 years, although almost of all of it came the last two).  

His phyical attributes are insane.  It's more than just size.  It's size with those numbers (6'6, 246, 4.44, etc).

Calvin Johnson may very well be the biggest physical freak in the history of the game.  And despite playing on some bad teams, and some injuries, he's one of biggest and best talents to ever play his position.  The fact that Kyle Pitts is even in the same ballpark speaks to the type of athlete he is.

Fwiw, Pitts is an inch taller than Calvin Johnson, he's 10 pounds heavier, his wingspan is bigger, and his handsize is almost a full inch bigger.  Now, I'm mainly writing this just to show that while he's a little slower and his vert isn't quite as high, he's also a slightly different type of player. 

As far his production, I would argue it was pretty crazy.  You say most of it came only in the last two years.  Well, yeah.  He's a junior.  Few if any skill position players produce a ton as true Freshman in the SEC (look at Ja'marr Chase for an example).  You also have to remember that this past year only featured 8 games for him.

Pitts, playing against nothing but SEC talent, caught 43 balls for 770 yards and 12 TD's in only 8 games.  In a typical 13 game, non-Covid season, this projects to 1,251 yards and 20 TD's.  And that's projected against all SEC teams.  Throw in a couple of weaker non-conference games and those numbers probably go up either further.

Instead of just comparing him physically to someone like Calvin Johnson, let's compare him to someone like AJ Green.  Just to put into persepctive some of these pro day numbers from a man this size:

Height
Green - 6' 3.5
Pitts - 6' 5.5

Weight
Green - 208
Pitts - 246

Green - 4.48
Pitts - 4.44

Vert
Green - 34.5
Pitts - 33.5

Broad Jump
Green - 126 inches
Pitts - 129 inches

Hand Size
Green - 9.25 in
Pitts - 10.575 in

So when you think of Kyle Pitts athleticism, basically just think of AJ Green, that's two inches taller, 40 pounds heavier, with bigger hands and a bigger wingspan.  That's the type of number Kyle Pitts just put up.

To each their own, if you prefer Chase or Sewell then that's fine.  But when you say Chase tests off the charts and produces in the tougher conference in football, the same can be said for this guy too.  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:09 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: His phyical attributes are insane.  It's more than just size.  It's size with those numbers (6'6, 246, 4.44, etc).

Calvin Johnson may very well be the biggest physical freak in the history of the game.  And despite playing on some bad teams, and some injuries, he's one of biggest and best talents to ever play his position.  The fact that Kyle Pitts is even in the same ballpark speaks to the type of athlete he is.

Fwiw, Pitts is an inch taller than Calvin Johnson, he's 10 pounds heavier, his wingspan is bigger, and his handsize is almost a full inch bigger.  Now, I'm mainly writing this just to show that while he's a little slower and his vert isn't quite as high, he's also a slightly different type of player. 

As far his production, I would argue it was pretty crazy.  You say most of it came only in the last two years.  Well, yeah.  He's a junior.  Few if any skill position players produce a ton as true Freshman in the SEC (look at Ja'marr Chase for an example).  You also have to remember that this past year only featured 8 games for him.

Pitts, playing against nothing but SEC talent, caught 43 balls for 770 yards and 12 TD's in only 8 games.  In a typical 13 game, non-Covid season, this projects to 1,251 yards and 20 TD's.  And that's projected against all SEC teams.  Throw in a couple of weaker non-conference games and those numbers probably go up either further.

Instead of just comparing him physically to someone like Calvin Johnson, let's compare him to someone like AJ Green.  Just to put into persepctive some of these pro day numbers from a man this size:

Height
Green - 6' 3.5
Pitts - 6' 5.5

Weight
Green - 208
Pitts - 246

Green - 4.48
Pitts - 4.44

Vert
Green - 34.5
Pitts - 33.5

Broad Jump
Green - 126 inches
Pitts - 129 inches

Hand Size
Green - 9.25 in
Pitts - 10.575 in

So when you think of Kyle Pitts athleticism, basically just think of AJ Green, that's two inches taller, 40 pounds heavier, with bigger hands and a bigger wingspan.  That's the type of number Kyle Pitts just put up.

To each their own, if you prefer Chase or Sewell then that's fine.  But when you say Chase tests off the charts and produces in the tougher conference in football, the same can be said for this guy too.  

To add to your comments,  I'd like to see how KP compares against Kittle  and Kelce. If he blows them away, athleticism wise, then that is a much more truer judgement of his value than comparing him to Calvin. But from the numbers you've shown,  it's already looking like Pitts is unguardable by safeties and linebackers, but I would add even #2 CBs of almost every team (except if a team has two high end CBs who are at high end #1 level). So,  he will open things up for the rest of the offense by forcing the defense to roll special coverage.  And if they don't,  then he will dominate. 

At this point, while I'm still leaning towards taking Sewell, the board has me convinced Chase,  Pitts,  or Sewell would all be great picks.  Of course most of us are not scouts. All things being equal I would choose to pick OL, but I don't think we know that all things are equal.  At this point,  if you told me that only one of those three guys would be a perennial All Pro/ HOF caliber player,  I want that one player regardless of position. 
Based on stuff being written on this board,  I am questioning which one would be that player.  I was of the opinion it would be Sewell, but now I think it might actually be Pitts, given some questions people have raised about Sewell. I am fairly certain that while Chase could turn out to be a good to great player,  he's not going to be a HOF type.  Just an opinion. I think it's almost just as likely that the best WR in this draft ends up being a guy going in round 2 or later. 

I almost want to pick Pitts and go OL in the 2nd round now.  And the coaches would simply have to change the offense to suit KP's skills. If he is that good,  then coaching had to change the offense to take advantage of all the mismatches he would bring. Simple as that. No excuses about our offense doesn't use TEs as a focus. 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:09 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: His phyical attributes are insane.  It's more than just size.  It's size with those numbers (6'6, 246, 4.44, etc).

Height
Green - 6' 3.5
Pitts - 6' 5.5

Weight
Green - 208
Pitts - 246

Green - 4.48
Pitts - 4.44

Vert
Green - 34.5
Pitts - 33.5

Broad Jump
Green - 126 inches
Pitts - 129 inches

Hand Size
Green - 9.25 in
Pitts - 10.575 in

I like the AJ Green comparison, but "produces" isn't near the same production that Chase had with a lot of other weapons needing targets.  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 02:04 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: To add to your comments,  I'd like to see how KP compares against Kittle  and Kelce. If he blows them away, athleticism wise, then that is a much more truer judgement of his value than comparing him to Calvin. But from the numbers you've shown,  it's already looking like Pitts is unguardable by safeties and linebackers, but I would add even #2 CBs of almost every team (except if a team has two high end CBs who are at high end #1 level). So,  he will open things up for the rest of the offense by forcing the defense to roll special coverage.  And if they don't,  then he will dominate. 

At this point, while I'm still leaning towards taking Sewell, the board has me convinced Chase,  Pitts,  or Sewell would all be great picks.  Of course most of us are not scouts. All things being equal I would choose to pick OL, but I don't think we know that all things are equal.  At this point,  if you told me that only one of those three guys would be a perennial All Pro/ HOF caliber player,  I want that one player regardless of position. 
Based on stuff being written on this board,  I am questioning which one would be that player.  I was of the opinion it would be Sewell, but now I think it might actually be Pitts, given some questions people have raised about Sewell. I am fairly certain that while Chase could turn out to be a good to great player,   he's not going to be a HOF type.  Just an opinion. I think it's almost just as likely that the best WR in this draft ends up being a guy going in round 2 or later. 

I almost want to pick Pitts and go OL in the 2nd round now.  And the coaches would simply have to change the offense to suit KP's skills. If he is that good,  then coaching had to change the offense to take advantage of all the mismatches he would bring. Simple as that. No excuses about our offense doesn't use TEs as a focus. 

Also I think the one factor some are missing when debating the Megatron comparison is -  Megatron was a WR, he lined up out wide. I don't think anyone is debating Pitts is Megatron or close to him IF he was ONLY lining up out wide. Pitts athleticism at his size is the only thing people are comparing, but the difference is Pitts should be used the way Waller, Kelce, Kittle are being used.... Now with that in mind think about the weapon Pitts could be with his comparable megatron "athleticism" being used the way those teams use those 3 guys.
Reply/Quote

Pitts at 5 over Sewell makes more sense then Chase at 5 over Sewell. Pitts is certainly a unique talent. Chase is good, but not exactly unique in NFL terms.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote