Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont want a WR in the first round
(04-28-2016, 01:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well every draftnick will be wrong if we dont get a WR except that one guy that thinks we grab a DT.

If I thought Billings would be there for us I would say we will draft a DT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He wasn't Brady's #1 lol. He was like the 3rd or 4th option.

15 targets behind Edelman. Edelman only played 14 games. So he got a little more than 1 more target a game. That isn't a very big difference.
Reply/Quote
Guys, here's the amazing realization we should all enjoy.... The Bengals are so young and so talented that, quite frankly, this is a depth draft. There's not one player they can (realistically) take from this specific draft class at any spot that would have any negative or overly positive contributions too the roster this season and probably next.

Enjoy the draft. Enjoy the picks. And in doing so realize that this is the dream roster situation to always be in. The Bengals are in the same talent/roster situation as the Patriots have been in for over a decade. It's the absolute finest of luxuries in the NFL. The Bengals are basically RELOADING bullets they haven't even had to fire yet.

For years guys coming out of freaking COLLEGE were able to start for the Bengals. That's because the Bengals roster was thread bare at a lot of spots. So if the team missed on a guy, it was a major setback. Not going to happen in the near future. They can take who and what they want for their own reasons. None of these guys are coming in and walking on tona starting soot, so to speak. Enjoy it!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 15 targets behind Edelman. Edelman only played 14 games. So he got a little more than 1 more target a game. That isn't a very big difference.

It doesn't matter. He was the 3rd option. The Patriots offense spreads the ball out, so they're all going to have close to the same targets.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 11:07 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Dr Tobin has his list, we will get another stud, just don't think its gonna be a WR in the 1st this yr

In Dick We Trust.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: In Dick We Trust.

teehee
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:32 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Guys, here's the amazing realization we should all enjoy.... The Bengals are so young and so talented that, quite frankly, this is a depth draft. There's not one player they can (realistically) take from this specific draft class at any spot that would have any negative or overly positive contributions too the roster this season and probably next.

Enjoy the draft. Enjoy the picks. And in doing so realize that this is the dream roster situation to always be in. The Bengals are in the same talent/roster situation as the Patriots have been in for over a decade. It's the absolute finest of luxuries in the NFL. The Bengals are basically RELOADING bullets they haven't even had to fire yet.

For years guys coming out of freaking COLLEGE were able to start for the Bengals. That's because the Bengals roster was thread bare at a lot of spots. So if the team missed on a guy, it was a major setback. Not going to happen in the near future. They can take who and what they want for their own reasons. None of these guys are coming in and walking on tona starting soot, so to speak. Enjoy it!

Meh.....I agree with most of this, but a real C would most definitely have pretty damn big positive impact in the running game, and on the pocket.  A legit wideout would help too, but there's no way a real deal C doesn't help this team quite substantially.  Bodine just isn't very good, and PA just can't coach him to be any better.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:32 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'm loving McShay's final Mock where Treadwell falls to us. Can't go wrong when you get a top 15 pick at 24.

http://imgur.com/CAyo3sy

(04-28-2016, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: NFL trade rumors has Treadwell falling to us as well:

http://nfltraderumors.co/2016-nfl-mock-draft/

Lap and Hoard made it sound like we'd pass on Treadwell if he fell to us in the first.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm going to change up here......because I just saw on Bengals.com who BENGALS SCOUTS consider the top 4 WR's that can come in and contribute right away for Bengals.....They are not players we have been talking about.....Bengals like Michael Thomas of Ohio State, Tyler Boyd of Pittsburg, Jordan Payton of UCLA, Corey Coleman of Baylor........

At LB, Bengals scouts like Myles Jack of UCLA, Jaylon Smith of Pittsburg, Leonard Floyd of Georgia, Darron Lee of Ohio State.

Now all I care about is winning......IF the Bengals go for 1 of their 4 LBs in Round 1, and get 1 of their 4 WR's in 2, that is fine by me.....As long as Bengals get the players that fit their system in here to win.....

So Bengals seem to like some WR's that are not figured to go early in Round 1.....Bengals say these other 4 fit their needs better. ...I can't argue getting a 6-3 Michael Thomas, tall like Henry, and Bengals say he has size, speed, runs great routes and can contribute his first year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
As long as we can have an impact player immediately, Id be happy.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 08:26 PM)jeremydc Wrote: As long as we can have an impact player immediately, Id be happy.

THAT is POSSIBLE....and maybe a FEW IMPACT PLAYERS......because looking at the 4 WR's Bengals say can be first year impact players......and looking at the 4 LBs Bengals say can be first year impact players.....Not all these guys are slated for 1st round by most experts, BUT BENGALS say these players fit their system

WR : Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd, Jordan Payton, Corey Coleman
LB :  Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith, Leonard Floyd, Darron Lee

If Bengals walk away with one from each position and get 2 top players that they really like,  Hey, look at 2011. We needed a QB with Carson demanding a trade, but took AJ Green first and then QB in Dalton......We need a WR now, but if we get a WR and a LB Bengals really want in any order, it's like 2011......

So I won't mind not a WR in 1......IF.....we get 1 of the 4 WR's Bengals want in at least Round 2. 

I think we can get more than 1 impact player.....The bowl game injury to Jaylon Smith may drop him down, but Bengals showed they will draft a top injured player and wait a full year....as with the O Lineman they drafted last year that was injured and they knew he would miss 2015.  If he plays in 2016, that offensive tackle is suppose to be a monster....Smith at LB is a monster, for teams willing to wait for his bowl injury to heal. .....I think we do pretty good in draft that starts any minute now. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 08:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will take it a step further.  I would only take Treadwell if we stay at #24.  I think there will be a CB that the Bengals covet and they won't get caught unprepared with Dre Kirk reaching FA next year, and Dennard largely unproved.

My guess is William Jackson III.  There will still be a WR for them in the second, and I will be willing to wager they don't go for a DT before the third round at the earliest....maybe even later.  

Nice pick call....
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When all else fails, just switch the argument up.  Whatever

Contracts aren't based entirely on skill. Sometimes they reflect risk. LaFell is about to turn 30 and is coming off an injury. 

Marv Jones just turned 26 and is coming off his best season.

I actually think it is called making a point or an assumption that had not been made yet.. sorry if it deflated your point   Wink
Reply/Quote
Well, of the 4 LBs Bengals said they liked, 2 were picked ahead of us and 1 is injured and 1 may be career ending knee injured. ........So that left the 4 WRs Bengals said they liked, and 1 was picked ahead of us.  They must not have liked the other 3 in Round 1 because they took a CB.......Really, I think it killed Bengals that Coleman, Fuller, Treadwell were off the board, and that there was a 3 team run on WR's right before our pick.  A lot of WR's on the board and bang, bang, bang, they were gone.
........With that run on WR's, Bengals did only thing they could do, Best Available Athlete.

That brings us to Round 2.....Bengals say that Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd or Jordan Payton could fit into their system and contribute in their rookie year....We will see if we get 1 of the 3 in round 2.

No, draft didn't fall our way.  First time in draft history that 3 WR's taken in a row like that, said announcers....and it was the 3 picks right in front of ours.....then announcers said that left round 1 WR picks eliminated....Draft didn't fall our way, so the CB is a good pick....better luck in round 2, hopefully.....If Bengals really do like Thomas or Boyd, they may have to trade up to get them. We pick pretty late in these rounds. ....Bengals say they like Payton, but he is rated as a 4th round pick. ....If we get the top CB in round 1 and can add Michael Thomas in round 2 as a WR, that isn't bad. We pick so late it's almost like a round 3, so maybe taking Payton if the others a gone not that bad either.  I'm hoping for Michael Thomas because at 6'3" and Bengals saying he is high on their list, he could be a tall WR as Henry was. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Treadwell might as well be another pothead from Ole Miss. Mightve dodged a bullet on that one Tongue

But really what is it with those Ole Miss guys?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Treadwell might as well be another pothead from Ole Miss. Mightve dodged a bullet on that one Tongue

But really what is it with those Ole Miss guys?

Not many diva DTs or OL. Treadwell could easily end up being the biggest pain in the ass out of the trio.

Who wears a backwards hat at the combine?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 08:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will take it a step further.  I would only take Treadwell if we stay at #24.  I think there will be a CB that the Bengals covet and they won't get caught unprepared with Dre Kirk reaching FA next year, and Dennard largely unproved.

My guess is William Jackson III.  There will still be a WR for them in the second, and I will be willing to wager they don't go for a DT before the third round at the earliest....maybe even later.  

Nails it and no rep?   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Nails it and no rep?   Sarcasm

Uhh.....I repped you. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:58 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I actually think it is called making a point or an assumption that had not been made yet.. sorry if it deflated your point   Wink

No need to apologize for something that didn't happen.   ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote