Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-12-2019, 02:06 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I pretty much expect the new coaches to want to fix the OL and LBers as their top priorities, plus our best TEs are all free agents or injured or both. While AJ is getting older, Mixon is entering his prime, as is Boyd. If they can fix John Ross there will be enough weapons to win in the playoffs this year.

I believe they'll give Dalton this next year to make the jump to contending. If he does, then great. If he doesn't, then they'll have fixed some key issues which have been holding this team down and we can snag a QB in the 2020 draft.

Now, of course, that is assuming the front office doesn't drive some key guys away, but as Mike Brown is fading into the background the days of sloppy GMing could be coming to an end.

I agree, just what the Doctor ordered for this sick franchise.

A spoon full of salt lol

Seriously though, i think all the players from Dalton on down should feel like it is a new beginning. I know i do, this team was just stale and they just didn't have that fight in them that is needed for a playoff run let alone a Championship. We needed to change the culture and Zac Taylor is the exact type of coach to do just that. Comes from the McVay tree and the dude is a year younger than me.

You cannot teach an old dog new tricks and Marv is an old dog.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:59 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: you are missing the point.  I want Tyrod or Bridgewater as the stopgap

Just like Taylor was for Mayfield this year

and Glennon was for MT last year in Chicago

Dalton 14 million can be spent on QUALITY young FA OL and LB.  

I suppose you could also go the way of KC last year, and draft your guy and then let him sit behind Dalton for a year

But, I think the team needs to make a heavy dent in key areas in FA - and Daltons $ would help do that 

You aren't the least bit curious to see this team under new leadership hopefully reloaded in the draft, injured players coming back - before making that change. Not even a little? Dalton is on a very friendly contract.

The offense with a couple lucky plays on D had this team at 4-1. This with Merv,  a suspect coordinator that took a entire season to figure out how to use Mixon, a poor line, a flop #1 receiver (although he could improve see :Boyd) and a historically bad group of LB's.

Who knows, your ideas may be solid. Perhaps Dalton is done here. I think you are also being a bit anxious. tho.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:59 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: you are missing the point.  I want Tyrod or Bridgewater as the stopgap

I suppose you could also go the way of KC last year, and draft your guy and then let him sit behind Dalton for a year

But, I think the team needs to make a heavy dent in key areas in FA - and Daltons $ would help do that 

The team will try to win with Dalton by fixing the worst parts of the team. The OL and LBers are worse than our QB. I'm pretty certain of this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 05:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The team will try to win with Dalton by fixing the worst parts of the team. The OL and LBers are worse than our QB. I'm pretty certain of this.

Concur.

The Bengals have massive personnel issues but Andy Dalton isn’t one of them.
Reply/Quote

Taylor made $16 mil this year.  Bridgewater's deal would have been worth $15 mil if he had hit all the performance bonuses.  Dalton will count for $16 mil against the cap next year.  

That's the issue with moving Dalton.  Any stopgap QB that you have any hope of winning 6+ games with is going to cost you as much as he does.  You downgrade the QB position and gain 1-2 draft picks.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:55 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Why would they be reaching?

Lol. I thought the new regime was going to make all then right calls

I love how any qb the bengals would select is a ‘reach’

Reach based on what? Wanting to get better at the position.

Price, OG, Ross, Fisher. That’s what reaching looks like

Haskins will suck in the pros and he isn’t ready. He cannot read the blitz. Another buckeye homer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:13 PM)mon4078 Wrote: Whether or not you think Dalton is a above or below average QB the likely hood of them changing QB this year is slim. Hopefully the front office fixes the holes on O-line and linebacker. That way whoever is the QB going forward they have the best chance to succeed.

We can only hope! I wouldn’t drag any of these QB until the 3rd round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
You sheep still on the Dalton train. Smh. You do realize any average quarterback is going to look good with a great oline and great skill position players. I hear that same damn argument everytime, Dalton never has enough of this and look at that 1 good season he had when we had top 10 players at damn near every spot on offense. LMAO. It is impossible to stack one side of the ball every year. Injuries happen. Players leave for FA or retire. It is never going to be perfect for Dalton. How many years of this do you need to realize it? LMAO. JESUS H CRIMINY!! We have a brand new staff. Let's get rid of the stink from the Marvin Lewis era. I love what he did for the Bengals but he's gone now. Let's bring in a new era with a new QB who can possibly take us to the next level. Someone who can possibly get the job done when he doesn't have a full arsenal of top 10 talent at every position. DREW LOCK!!! Lets goooo baaabbyy!!! WHO-DEY!!! IN WITH THE NEW!!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 06:17 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: You sheep still on the Dalton train. Smh. You do realize any average quarterback is going to look good with a great oline and great skill position players. I hear that same damn argument everytime, Dalton never has enough of this and look at that 1 good season he had when we had top 10 players at damn near every spot on offense. LMAO. It is impossible to stack one side of the ball every year. Injuries happen. Players leave for FA or retire. It is never going to be perfect for Dalton. How many years of this do you need to realize it? LMAO. JESUS H CRIMINY!! We have a brand new staff. Let's get rid of the stink from the Marvin Lewis era. I love what he did for the Bengals but he's gone now. Let's bring in a new era with a new QB who can possibly take us to the next level. Someone who can possibly get the job done when he doesn't have a full arsenal of top 10 talent at every position. DREW LOCK!!! Lets goooo baaabbyy!!! WHO-DEY!!! IN WITH THE NEW!!

So you are saying we should use our 1st round pick on a QB this year and not O-line or Linebacker?

I mean, aren't these the holes we have on this team?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you are saying we should use our 1st round pick on a QB this year and not O-line or Linebacker?

I mean, aren't these the holes we have on this team?

If/only Andy Luck here could make his defense stop KC from scoring. And, he could lead a drive down the field for one of those TD thing's himself.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 07:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If/only Andy Luck here could make his defense stop KC from scoring. And, he could lead a drive down the field for one of those TD thing's himself.

Yeah, would be nice to have a QB that could do it all lol
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 08:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, would be nice to have a QB that could do it all lol

If we get a new QB everything will be fine. The rest of the guys are just fluffers anyway 

Oh waht did they just say? 2 first downs for the Colts? In the 4th quarter against a bad defense?

TWO!? Mellow

But but that is Andy Luck out there!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 07:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If/only Andy Luck here could make his defense stop KC from scoring. And, he could lead a drive down the field for one of those TD thing's himself.

Yes andy luck the most hyped 1st pick i can remember, was going to take indy to super bowl year 2, hmmmm
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If we get a new QB everything will be fine. The rest of the guys are just fluffers anyway 

Oh waht did they just say? 2 first downs for the Colts? In the 4th quarter against a bad defense?

TWO!? Mellow

But but that is Andy Luck out there!

(01-12-2019, 09:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes andy luck the most hyped 1st pick i can remember, was going to take indy to super bowl year 2, hmmmm

He sure has looked like the 2nd year player while Mahomes looks like the next great QB.

You just never know with QB's, is there a baseball short stop QB in this draft? lol
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes andy luck the most hyped 1st pick i can remember, was going to take indy to super bowl year 2, hmmmm

They sucked an entire season for him.

TBF the entire team looks uninspired, we have all seen that before = coaching

Andy Luck isn't being protected very well.

No defense.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:19 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: They sucked an entire season for him.

TBF the entire team looks uninspired, we have all seen that before = coaching

Andy Luck isn't being protected very well.

No defense.

Wait good QBs need pass protection,  hmmmm
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Wait good QBs need pass protection,  hmmmm

People must not watch the Patriots very much. Tom Brady rarely even has his uniform soiled. That’s one awesome offensive line.

Are people watching the Rams right now? That line is sick.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: People must not watch the Patriots very much.  Tom Brady rarely even has his uniform soiled.  That’s one awesome offensive line.

Are people watching the Rams right now?  That line is sick.

I'm watching the Rams right now. Mostly to get a look at their offense and how it might fold into the Bengals next year. The quality of the OL is noticeable. Of course, we use to have Whitworth, but Mike Brown F'ed that up.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm watching the Rams right now. Mostly to get a look at their offense and how it might fold into the Bengals next year. The quality of the OL is noticeable. Of course, we use to have Whitworth, but Mike Brown F'ed that up.

The Rams’ offensive line and running backs as well as wide receivers in motion block in a coordinated fashion. I’m going to need to watch the second half to figure it out. They also push forward when run blocking and their pass blocking is outstanding. Andrew Whitworth is playing like a kid again.
Reply/Quote
Tyrod Taylor has a higher career QB rating than Andy. Why would folks be "done" if someone suggested he take over the helm?

Let me guess..."eyeball test".

Andy Dalton is, has been, and will be an average NFL starting QB. There;s a reason it's known as the Dalton line and it's solely because of #14.

Do we need to get rid of him? No. Would we be handicapped if we did? No. Will the same folks blame him for his average play and the other same folks blame everything else for his average play? Yes.

Dude is what he is: AVERAGE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote