Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel bad for Higgins and Boyd
Well all kind of had a suspicion back when Chase was drafted, but so far through the 2021 season it's seeming to be true...
Higgins and Boyd have become the WR2/WR3 of the group.

Higgins has only 194 yards across 4 games, putting him on pace for between 700-800 yards by season's end.
Boyd only has 290 yards across 6 games, putting him on pace for around 800-900 yards by season's end.

Chase is at 553 yards across 6 games and on pace for over 1500 yards and double-digit TDs. He's clearly the WR1 now.

I just feel bad because I do think Higgins could be a 1000+ yard WR if he got more opportunities, and we know Boyd can since he's done it multiple times before.

We won't have to worry about it for a couple more seasons after this one, but I could see Higgins and/or Boyd choosing to play elsewhere once their contract is up in order to get more opportunities.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I get it but it’s a team sport. Now if Burrow isn’t even looking for the other guys that’s another issue, same with play calling. It’s really not a bad problem to have. Injuries happen, I’m sure everyone will get their chance. Would be interesting to see film on who Burrow is targeting on his Int’s and where the other guys are at that time.
Reply/Quote
I literally couldn't care less
Reply/Quote
The passing game should open up more now that Chase is getting the attention. Whoever can get themselves open first should be the choice Burrow makes.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Eh, the targets are pretty even;

Chase - 41

Boyd - 38

Tee - 28 (missed 2 games)

Chase is racking up the yards and TD’s because he’s just far more explosive than the other two.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:59 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I get it but it’s a team sport. Now if Burrow isn’t even looking for the other guys that’s another issue, same with play calling. It’s really not a bad problem to have. Injuries happen, I’m sure everyone will get their chance. Would be interesting to see film on who Burrow is targeting on his Int’s and where the other guys are at that time.

The majority of the INT’s have been intended for Boyd.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well all kind of had a suspicion back when Chase was drafted, but so far through the 2021 season it's seeming to be true...
Higgins and Boyd have become the WR2/WR3 of the group.

Higgins has only 194 yards across 4 games, putting him on pace for between 700-800 yards by season's end.
Boyd only has 290 yards across 6 games, putting him on pace for around 800-900 yards by season's end.

Chase is at 553 yards across 6 games and on pace for over 1500 yards and double-digit TDs. He's clearly the WR1 now.

I just feel bad because I do think Higgins could be a 1000+ yard WR if he got more opportunities, and we know Boyd can since he's done it multiple times before.

We won't have to worry about it for a couple more seasons after this one, but I could see Higgins and/or Boyd choosing to play elsewhere once their contract is up in order to get more opportunities.

ZT and his play calling are doing them no favors. The Bucs are LOADED at WR and their receivers all get theirs. The offense as a whole isn't producing at the level they should be. That falls on ZT. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This isn’t a big deal?

If Tee wants to be like Marvin Jones then good luck. I don’t see him as a #1 and I don’t think he ever will. Same with Boyd
Reply/Quote
Higgins is averaging 7 targets a game and Boyd is averaging 6.3 targets. Chase is only averaging 6.8 targets. It's not like the guy is getting force fed the ball.

Also Chase being the deep threat that he is will eventually open up the middle of the Field for both Boyd and Higgins.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is the very definition of a high-class problem. If Joe and the offensive coaches are smart they'll spread it around because Tee and Tyler are good possession receivers and Ja'Marr Chase is living up to his name as a great deep threat.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: ZT and his play calling are doing them no favors. The Bucs are LOADED at WR and their receivers all get theirs. The offense as a whole isn't producing at the level they should be. That falls on ZT. 

no they don't its a dart throw for the Buccs on who has a good game. I have Evans in fantasy inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
Imagine how Tate feels.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm going to opt out of worrying about this. It's been in the back of my mind, but lets all be honest. Chase is the clear #1. When contracts are up for Higgins and Boyd, then we can start to worry I guess.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Imagine how Tate feels.

If he had any self awareness he'd feel lucky to be on an NFL roster.

As for the OP

Boyd played as a wr1 due to injuries and was never a true 1.

Higgins hasn't been around of done enough to be a wr1.

I don't really see the problem.  Both are talented and we're lucky as fans to have so much talent at the position but I don't feel bad for either. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:14 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: no they don't its a dart throw for the Buccs on who has a good game. I have Evans in fantasy inconsistent.

Ditto on that.

My first WR taken and he's not getting his. At all.

And he's clearly the best WR on that team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Imagine how Tate feels.

Probably like any other 7th round pick buried under 1st and 2nd rounders.  
Reply/Quote
Those poor millionaires. Maybe they can send us a few hundred dollar bills to wipe the tears away while we feel sorry for them.
Reply/Quote
Boyd averages 6.3 targets per game, Chase 6.8, and Higgins 7.0. I don’t think Burrow is not targeting them, Chase just clearly has the most explosive playmaking ability. I’m sure they’ll get theirs, due in part to Chase helping create the opportunities by drawing the attention of the defense.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
To make matters worse look at the jacket Boyd had to wear on the road trip. Dude has to wear a hand-me-down jacket:

[Image: rlfrnhalbykhojdl229c.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:48 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Those poor millionaires. Maybe they can send us a few hundred dollar bills to wipe the tears away while we feel sorry for them.

haha...

Yes, no sympathy really. Its just plain and simple now who is the #1....and its hands down Chase
Tee has been underwhelming this yr and has had some key drops and injuries.
Im hoping he gets more TD highlite reel opportunities as well but at the end of the day if its a W....who really cares?
We can worry about that come Free Agency exits.
Reply/Quote