Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I'm Angrier Than I Can Remember With This Team
(11-22-2020, 07:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s clueless.

. the point was while Burrow was in.. but keep drinking your kool aid
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are people really drinking the kool aid with the offensive line?

Wow. The line stinks. In 17 it stunk, but it slightly improved as the year was coming to an end

Same story in 19

And now some of you are falling for that same story again?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Typical Fred twisting. It was clear as day we were going to Andrew Luck this kid. And surprise surprise it happened in 10 ***** games.

Here is a quiz for you.

Back during the offseason when so many people were claiming that O-line would not be that big of an issue because Joe Burrow was a genius at avoiding pressure what was my position?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: zero sacks today when Burrow was in.. we never punted I believe or maybe once.. so you are saying the line was horrible today ?  come on man

If the QB is getting hit 12 times, then yes that's basically the definition of not playing well.  The postgame claimed some fairly high number of pressures, too when they were doing the recap, but I can't find it.  A quarterback can get his brains beat out without getting sacked, and he can be under pressure without being taken down.  

The line looked decent for a quarter maybe.  Washington figured out how to get pressure up the middle and it was all downhill from there.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is a quiz for you.

Back during the offseason when so many people were claiming that O-line would not be that big of an issue because Joe Burrow was a genius at avoiding pressure what was my position?

**** your quiz

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:58 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: If you can name me any legit reason that this team was worth watching other than burrow, Id agree with you.  But you probably cant.  

Jesse Bates continued development.

Mixon (when healthy...)

The development of the LBers and evaluating what we have in them and if there is hope.

The chance to win games without Burrow sits at 0 but there is still reasons to watch. Hell, I watched this team in the 90's with Akili Smith, David Klingler, Jay Schroeder, Neil O'Donnell and Paul Justin starting... not going to stop watching now. 

Damn.. outside of Boomer and Jeff Blake, the 90's was a real shit show under center.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Guys, we know that the line has been giving up “less sacks” if you want to go that route. The problem is the amount of hits over time, it’s a numbers game. When you keep letting him get hit, the odds increase that it’ll be a bad one.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of the hits Burrow took was because he held onto the ball longer trying to make plays.

Our O-line has a lot of issues but in the offseason we added two new starters with one of them being the first O-lineman taken in the 2019 draft.  So it is silly to claim the team ignored the O-line.

And the same guys who claim we have to build with young talent from the draft are some of the same ones claiming that we should have given up on a fourth round pick (Jordan) after his rookie season.

Burrow was holding the ball for the first three or four games.  Since then he's been getting rid of it faster than just about anyone. That has been entirely responsible for the supposed improvement in the offensive line.

They completely ignored the offensive line this off season.  The came in with nothing but a prayer for improvement.  We knew that they needed to add two good tackles and at least one good guard.  They only added their first round tackle from last year - still a complete unknown - along with a sixth round draft pick.  They did nothing else in the off season until the scrubs on the roster started getting hurt.

Instead they dumped all of their money into a defensive squad that would have been better served by a coaching change and a couple of decent linebackers.  It would have been better to spend that money building a monster offensive line for Burrow and lose every game 56-49 than to ruin your star of the future quarterback with this garbage offensive line.

It's a miracle that Burrow has persevered as well has he has.   We've seen rookie quarterbacks mentally ruined starting behind a line like this.  Instead he kept getting better.   The Brown family doesn't even deserve a guy like that at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of the hits Burrow took was because he held onto the ball longer trying to make plays.

Our O-line has a lot of issues but in the offseason we added two new starters with one of them being the first O-lineman taken in the 2019 draft.  So it is silly to claim the team ignored the O-line.

And the same guys who claim we have to build with young talent from the draft are some of the same ones claiming that we should have given up on a fourth round pick (Jordan) after his rookie season.

Seriously?!..the guy was balling today and got his knee shredded and you are implying with your opening comment its his fault?

A lot of the plays today were pass plays called by ZT..often with empty backfield.  

He was asked to complete more passes in the first half than any other QB this year .vs. the WFT strength. 

If anything Burrows decision making and quick throws were helping to get it done and protecting the O Line (and him) in the first half.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:06 PM)thillan Wrote: Guys, we know that the line has been giving up “less sacks” if you want to go that route. The problem is the amount of hits over time, it’s a numbers game. When you keep letting him get hit, the odds increase that it’ll be a bad one.

Phil Sims alluded to this in the postgame.  Hits wear a qb down regardless of whether or not they get the ball out.  Yeah, it's nice not to take a sit ton of sacks, but at some point you have to keep defenses from beating the hell out of your quarterback.  They've rarely been able to do that this year.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
ZT just got another year of coaching out of this. Brown will see it as the offense was improving and moving in the right direction. And defense doing bare min to keep us into the game. Win win for him. Just bad luck with injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:58 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: If you can name me any legit reason that this team was worth watching other than burrow, Id agree with you.  But you probably cant.  

I am a Bengal fan more than a fan of a single player.  I want to know what we should do for next year and beyond.  That means watching the games to evaluate players.

I am rooting for Jesse Bates to be selected All-Pro.

I am rooting for Hubbard and Lawson to show they can be first class edge players.

I am rooting for Higgins to continue to develop.

I am rooting for Tyler Boyd to finish top 5 in receptions.

What if all the other players on the Bengals were as big quitters as all the fans who just love Burrow.  You guys cry about players being "selfish" when they don't do what is bets for the team and fans, yet many of those same fans are turning their backs on the rest of the team that are still out there busting their asses.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: . the point was while Burrow was in.. but keep drinking your kool aid

Cozmo gets pretty emotional when discussing Burrow. Gonna go throw a bag of popcorn in the microwave and browse for awhile
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Can yall honestly believe we are fans of a team who decided not to protect their investment...honestly, I feel like I sat and watch the greatest collection of furniture and appliances added to the greatest collections of rooms in a mansion, and then I watched them not add any locking doors to the mansion....and every night, we woke up to see nothing was stolen...sad to know that, yes, somebody eventually broke in and stole everything!

Burrow should DEMAND a trade...
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:09 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Seriously?!..the guy was balling today and got his knee shredded and you are implying with your opening comment its his fault?

A lot of the plays today were pass plays called by ZT..often with empty backfield.  

He was asked to complete more passes in the first half than any other QB this year .vs. the WFT strength. 

If anything Burrows decision making and quick throws were helping to get it done and protecting the O Line (and him) in the first half.

The part that falls on coaching IMO is the fact that they seemed to be running the ball well just about everywhere with the exception of in the red zone.  He didn't have to throw as much as he did.  Maybe he wanted to.  Idk.  The game plan has been quick to lean on the passing game heavily even when the game is still within reach.  

IMO, Zac is just a passing game guy by nature.  He wants to win with his QB's arm.  He lacks discipline with regard to play calling.  Throwing a zillion times is for when you're getting smoked in the 2nd half and have no other choice but to score a lot quickly.  This was certainly not the case in today's game.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a Bengal fan more than a fan of a single player.  I want to know what we should do for next year and beyond.  That means watching the games to evaluate players.

I am rooting for Jesse Bates to be selected All-Pro.

I am rooting for Hubbard and Lawson to show they can be first class edge players.

I am rooting for Higgins to continue to develop.

I am rooting for Tyler Boyd to finish top 5 in receptions.

What if all the other players on the Bengals were as big quitters as all the fans who just love Burrow.  You guys cry about players being "selfish" when they don't do what is bets for the team and fans, yet many of those same fans are turning their backs on the rest of the team that are still out there busting their asses.

At least Tennessee has lost 5 in a row. Simple pleasures...

Reply/Quote
The fish rots from the head.

Mike Brown and his nepotism and cronies and penny pinching are the heart of what ails us.

1) We need a real GM with authority.
2) No Brown relations on the football side (social media/marketing is tolerable)
3) A legit scouting department (Duke needs to go).
4) Clean house with the coaches aside from Simmons.
5) Invest in the OL. Not just draft picks. Established guys. Draft Sewell. Move Jonah to RT. Pay the best OG on the free market to come here. Use AJs money. Or Hart's.
Reply/Quote
Since January 9, 2016 the Cincinnati Bengals have been in a downward spiral to irrelevance. Just when I think the team can’t get any lower they grab a shovel and keep digging.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The fish rots from the head.

Mike Brown and his nepotism and cronies and penny pinching are the heart of what ails us.

1) We need a real GM with authority.
2) No Brown relations on the football side (social media/marketing is tolerable)
3) A legit scouting department (Duke needs to go).
4) Clean house with the coaches aside from Simmons.
5) Invest in the OL. Not just draft picks. Established guys. Draft Sewell. Move Jonah to RT. Pay the best OG on the free market to come here. Use AJs money. Or Hart's.

Mike Brown is going nowhere and neither is the family.  His activity this past offseason was actually pretty encouraging.  I'm still going to give them credit for trying new things.

Agree on Duke and agree on the staff.  This group is not NFL caliber and they make it clearer every week.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:10 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: ZT just got another year of coaching out of this. Brown will see it as the offense was improving and moving in the right direction. And defense doing bare min to keep us into the game. Win win for him. Just bad luck with injury.

Yep. I said the same thing in a couple of other threads. The injury to Burrow give Mike Brown an excuse to make no changes. Meanwhile, we’ll have a head coach who’ll be 4-27-1 in two seasons with no wins on the road.

Did you catch Zac’s post game comments where he said the line is playing fine and he’s steadily improving? He’s right, but left out a couple of key qualifiers. They’ve improved by going from being absolutely atrocious to being merely bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote