Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I'm Angrier Than I Can Remember With This Team
(11-22-2020, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their first year HC already has 7 wins. It’s going to take Taylor well into his 3rd season to match that. Pathetic.

I've tried, very hard, to have patience with Zac and to find any small reason I could to have confidence that he might be a good HC in time, but I'm pretty much done trying at this point. I just don't think he's cut out to be a head coach, at least not at this point in his career and definitely not with this organization. He's just in over his head, IMO. By years end, he's probably going to tie the all-time record for road losses to start a career. The guy who holds the record was gone after his 2nd year, but I doubt that will be the case with Zac because I think the family views him as a long term investment.
Reply/Quote
This team with Dalton at QB looked like trash, that's how good Burrow was this year. We still lost a bunch but it was a lot of fun to watch, more than it should have been. Seemed obvious the whole team was on his shoulders and if he cleaned up a couple things we'd at least be at .500.

If Zac loses out, which he definitely will, he should be fired and eliminated from any NFL position in the future - what are his credentials? Maybe he can pull a reverse Kurt Warner. We're gonna need door dashers/grocery picker-uppers for the foreseeable future.

Honestly this happened to a coworker, the next day I ordered pizza and there he was delivering it. He had been fired the day before. He said he was just "trying something new", and I learned about him being let go the next week. It doesn't take much.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:12 PM)Tony Wrote: Mike Brown needs to be forced to sell this team. Enough is enough already..

He would need to make a racist quote or something. Leagues won't intervene simply due to incompetence. All leagues need bad teams like the Lions and Bengals for legacy franchises like Pittsburgh and Green Bay to beat up on every year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He would need to make a racist quote or something. Leagues won't intervene simply due to incompetence. All leagues need bad teams like the Lions and Bengals for legacy franchises like Pittsburgh and Green Bay to beat up on every year.

if Burrow stayed healthy I can only imagine how this division would have played out with all 4 teams constantly over .500 and then there's the NFC East
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: By years end, he's probably going to tie the all-time record for road losses to start a career. The guy who holds the record was gone after his 2nd year, but I doubt that will be the case with Zac.

Imagine if the following were to occur...

-No road wins over 2 whole seasons (0-16).
-A 2 year record of 4-27-1.
-Having a two year division record of 1-11
-Going winless in your division in year 2. (0-6)

We have a very good chance of hitting every one of those benchmarks.  Now imagine trying to defend the retaining of the coach for those 2 seasons. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of the hits Burrow took was because he held onto the ball longer trying to make plays.

Our O-line has a lot of issues but in the offseason we added two new starters with one of them being the first O-lineman taken in the 2019 draft.  So it is silly to claim the team ignored the O-line.

And the same guys who claim we have to build with young talent from the draft are some of the same ones claiming that we should have given up on a fourth round pick (Jordan) after his rookie season.
Here we go with this ******** shit...
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, we all kinda knew this was a possibility. The line has stunk since we last made the playoffs. This is year 5 of our line completely sucking due to a mixture of incompetence, bad luck and apathy (lack of moves). And no, I don't consider guys like XSF and Fred Johnson to be noteworthy moves.

Maybe someday Mikey and co will give the line the serious attention it's deserved for 5 years running.

But we all know how slow Mikey is to even realize something is an actual problem.

This front office desperately needs some actual 'football people' instead of being filled with relatives of actual 'football people'. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This front office desperately needs some actual 'football people' instead of being filled with relatives of actual 'football people'. 

It’s really that simple. Maybe we wouldn’t have ended up with guys like John Ross and Billy Price. I mean, every GM makes mistakes, but ours are franchise crippling (Ogbuehi/Fisher - letting Whit and Zeitler walk etc).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Imagine if the following were to occur...

-No road wins over 2 whole seasons (0-16).
-A 2 year record of 4-27-1.
-Having a two year division record of 1-11
-Going winless in your division in year 2. (0-6)

We have a very good chance of hitting every one of those benchmarks.  Now imagine trying to defend the retaining of the coach for those 2 seasons. 

Trying to defend? He is Mike Brown. He will just do what he wants and us peasants need to just suck it up and like it. 
Reply/Quote
I'd go even farther and say Zac isn't even an OC. He's a position coach at best.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This front office desperately needs some actual 'football people' instead of being filled with relatives of actual 'football people'. 

You can say that again.

It's like trying to win a NASCAR race with your neighborhood shade tree mechanic as crew chief and his cousin goober as the driver.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Tennessee has lost 5 in a row. Simple pleasures...

Ummmm, Tennesee beat the Ravens in OT, today.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:10 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, Tennesee beat the Ravens in OT, today.

College college college college
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:10 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, Tennesee beat the Ravens in OT, today.

The Vols. They’re Fred’s team, which makes rooting against them fun for me.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You can say that again.

It's like trying to win a NASCAR race with your neighborhood shade tree mechanic as crew chief and his cousin goober as the driver.

Yep. Mike is the apple they fell from the tree, rolled down the hill and ended up in the sewer drain. Katie is the seed of that incompetent apple. Troy married the seed, and Duke got his job because his dad was the apple's long time friend. As for Paul, well...he's still wondering cluelessly around the tree trying to figure out what an apple is in the first place. 

All joking aside though, this is our front office. They all have their jobs because they were born into, married into or were favored into it. Those are the 'football credentials' of the people in charge of this franchise.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: College college college college

Whoops.

OK, my bad.
Reply/Quote
I am upset we have not heard reports of a locker room fight. After 10 games, someone has to be angry enough about something to punch someone.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:54 PM)Destro Wrote: I am upset we have not heard reports of a locker room fight. After 10 games, someone has to be angry enough about something to punch someone.

Teams take on the personalities of their HC’s...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:54 PM)Destro Wrote: I am upset we have not heard reports of a locker room fight. After 10 games, someone has to be angry enough about something to punch someone.

I think Dunlap was about to go postal but they sent him packing.
Reply/Quote

Today is more somber than angry I would think.
Reply/Quote