Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I'm Angrier Than I Can Remember With This Team
(11-22-2020, 11:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Today is more somber than angry I would think.

Not just today, but pretty much every week for the past year and a half.
Reply/Quote
Burrows injury falls back on.Tobin and Taylor.
The "TNT TWINS" cause they blew up Burrow this year.
It was evident after the Chargers and Browns games to.open the season Burrow
Wasnt going to last the whole season. Cause genius Zac believes the best way to protect
Your QB is let him air it out 100 times to open the season.
No you huskerfluck you run the ball to protect your QB and hope your defense and special teams
Can flip the field and play complimentry football.
Tobin has chances to bring in a top flight OG like Kevin Zeitler before the deadline.
They trade for BJ Finney yet this dumbfluck coach continued to play Michael Jordan
Who has no business being in the NFL.
Zac wanted to show the NFL how brillant he was by playing a flag football offense.
His ego wouldnt allow him to use tried and true offensive schemes to keep.his QB upright.
Ask Andrew Luck and Tim Couch about dropping back and getting killed.how did their careers turn out
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:12 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Burrows injury falls back on.Tobin and Taylor.
The "TNT TWINS" cause they blew up Burrow this year.
It was evident after the Chargers and Browns games to.open the season Burrow
Wasnt going to last the whole season. Cause genius Zac believes the best way to protect
Your QB is let him air it out 100 times to open the season.
No you huskerfluck you run the ball to protect your QB and hope your defense and special teams
Can flip the field and play complimentry football.
Tobin has chances to bring in a top flight OG like Kevin Zeitler before the deadline.
They trade for BJ Finney yet this dumbfluck coach continued to play Michael Jordan
Who has no business being in the NFL.
Zac wanted to show the NFL how brillant he was by playing a flag football offense.
His ego wouldnt allow him to use tried and true offensive schemes to keep.his QB upright.
Ask Andrew Luck and Tim Couch about dropping back and getting killed.how did their careers turn out

“Huskerfluck?” I like it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:11 PM)Destro Wrote: Not just today, but pretty much every week for the past year and a half.

Just about every week since January 2016.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Huskerfluck?” I like it.

Appreciate it thanks Happy Holidays!!
Zac is totally out of touch with football reality 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've tried, very hard, to have patience with Zac and to find any small reason I could to have confidence that he might be a good HC in time, but I'm pretty much done trying at this point. I just don't think he's cut out to be a head coach, at least not at this point in his career and definitely not with this organization. He's just in over his head, IMO. By years end, he's probably going to tie the all-time record for road losses to start a career. The guy who holds the record was gone after his 2nd year, but I doubt that will be the case with Zac because I think the family views him as a long term investment.

What don't they view as a long term investment? They are probably at the dinner table saying "Do we have to go through the process of hiring a head coach again? We just did this, can we wait till 2030 at least?"
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Imagine if the following were to occur...

-No road wins over 2 whole seasons (0-16).
-A 2 year record of 4-27-1.
-Having a two year division record of 1-11
-Going winless in your division in year 2. (0-6)

We have a very good chance of hitting every one of those benchmarks.  Now imagine trying to defend the retaining of the coach for those 2 seasons. 

E-X-T-E-N-S-I-O-N

-Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You can say that again.

It's like trying to win a NASCAR race with your neighborhood shade tree mechanic as crew chief and his cousin goober as the driver.

Goober also happens to be Mike Browns nephew and is the newest front office hire!

[Image: 41PJH1l3ihL._AC_SX342_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a Bengal fan more than a fan of a single player.  I want to know what we should do for next year and beyond.  That means watching the games to evaluate players.

I am rooting for Jesse Bates to be selected All-Pro.

I am rooting for Hubbard and Lawson to show they can be first class edge players.

I am rooting for Higgins to continue to develop.

I am rooting for Tyler Boyd to finish top 5 in receptions.

What if all the other players on the Bengals were as big quitters as all the fans who just love Burrow.  You guys cry about players being "selfish" when they don't do what is bets for the team and fans, yet many of those same fans are turning their backs on the rest of the team that are still out there busting their asses.

You might wanna scratch those off the list...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:29 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Not on this play. And MJ was getting routinely walked back today. He should not be starting or staying in games where he's getting beat badly. 

MJ was getting his shit pushed in, play after play. It was exactly that, that got Burrow injured. 

Zac can talk all he wants about how well the line has been playing and i think it was getting better...but that doesn't dismiss the crime of leaving that human blocking sled in the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe someday Mikey and co will give the line the serious attention it's deserved for 5 years running.

But we all know how slow Mikey is to even realize something is an actual problem.

Over the last three years they have used 2 first round picks on the O-line and traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league.

The moves are not working, but it is crazy to claim they are not trying or that they do not recognize the problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last three years they have used 2 first round picks on the O-line and traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league.

The moves are not working, but it is crazy to claim they are not trying or that they do not recognize the problem.

But the moves were bad moves.. Glenn was washed , part of the problem is not having a GM/Scouts. Knowing the problem doesn’t solve the problem itself , they didn’t fix it with working parts. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last three years they have used 2 first round picks on the O-line and traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league.

But the moves were bad moves.. Glenn was washed , part of the problem is not having a GM/Scouts. Knowing the problem doesn’t solve the problem itself , they didn’t fix it with working parts. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm going to watch them just to laugh at Finley.

I will be betting against the Bengals until Vegas realizes that they won't score at all.  I will still watch to evaluate the defensive players as they are likely to be on the field a LOT.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:54 PM)Destro Wrote: I am upset we have not heard reports of a locker room fight. After 10 games, someone has to be angry enough about something to punch someone.

Locker room fight? No all I saw after the game was a bunch of guys smiling and congratulating Washington players.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: What don't they view as a long term investment? They are probably at the dinner table saying "Do we have to go through the process of hiring a head coach again? We just did this, can we wait till 2030 at least?"

They only gave Dick LeBeau two drafts to fix the Bengals.  Don't know why they would give Taylor a lot more than that.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will be betting against the Bengals until Vegas realizes that they won't score at all.  I will still watch to evaluate the defensive players as they are likely to be on the field a LOT.  

Yes... We'll see who plays well while they're tired.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You might wanna scratch those off the list...

I predict Higgins and Boyd will continue to catch a lot of passes, but they will just average 7 or 8 yards a catch.
Reply/Quote
To the OP's sentiment of feeling angry. I think I quit feeling the anger around 1995 and just accepted this is a pathetic franchise. Although disappointed and feeling badly for Burrow, I just quit feeling anger when the Bengals inevitably bungle. The ownership is a joke and will never fully invest in operating a successful franchise the way other teams do. It is the way!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:34 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Locker room fight? No all I saw after the game was a bunch of guys smiling and congratulating Washington players.

It wasn't a dirty play. What did you want, a bench clearing for which the Bengals would clearly have been in the wrong? Everyone saw it was just a football play.  :paul:
Reply/Quote