Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I'm Angrier Than I Can Remember With This Team
(11-22-2020, 08:31 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Go to Bengals.com and look at Finley's picture with hat on and the quote under it.

Pure comedy...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I usually don't like giving them the clicks, but I did peek.  That hat is wearing him Hilarious
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every team in the league would consider the first O-lineman taken in the draft "an actual starting caliber player".

But what really cracks me up is the victim squad around here crying about how much better the Browns front office has been than the Bengals.  That is the most pathetic shit I have ever heard.

CryCry "I wish I was a fan of a team that has not had a single winning season in 12 years?  Instead I have been cursed to watch the Bengals make the playoffs 6 times over that span.  NO ONE IS A BIGGER VICTIM THAN ME!!" Cry Cry

You keep going on about a draft pick from a year ago like that was even close to being enough. They spent a fortune on the defense, and our only FA help on the OL was a career backup. Inexcusable.

What’s pathetic is Zac Taylor’s record, and our streak of 30 years without a playoff win. Cleveland otoh is 7-3 and clearly moving in the right direction. With a first year HC to boot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:06 PM)thillan Wrote: Guys, we know that the line has been giving up “less sacks” if you want to go that route. The problem is the amount of hits over time, it’s a numbers game. When you keep letting him get hit, the odds increase that it’ll be a bad one.

Burrow did get sacked today. It just got nullified on a questionable face mask call.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:24 PM)GodFather Wrote: I had a feeling Burrow would go down for the season with a serious injury this year and honestly expected it from Shitsburgh but when I saw him go down today my heart sunk because I knew the curse hit hard...

But is it a curse? Or is it just typical bad front office decision making and coaching?

Burrow has been hit more this year than any other QB, and to say todays major injury is just a coincidence or part of the game is bullshit. When you have the coaching staff saying how confident they are with the OL this preseason and we see the weekly results?? How far is the crack pipe up their asses?

And after Burrow goes down we see exactly how much one player changed this team, imagine if this kid had an offensive line and a decent defense with him?

Im angry as hell, and quite frankly done watching anymore games this season. Ill look to see how bad they lose in the final games and hear the feedback from you guys, but this team isn't going to win anymore games this year.
I'm just hoping Burrow can overcome this and we can see him out on the field again doing the great things we've seen so far in his short career, because if we're robbed of this...theres no coming back.

My prayers go out to him for the best scenario in a nightmare situation.
Rock On :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Jesse Bates continued development.

Mixon (when healthy...)

The development of the LBers and evaluating what we have in them and if there is hope.

The chance to win games without Burrow sits at 0 but there is still reasons to watch. Hell, I watched this team in the 90's with Akili Smith, David Klingler, Jay Schroeder, Neil O'Donnell and Paul Justin starting... not going to stop watching now. 

Damn.. outside of Boomer and Jeff Blake, the 90's was a real shit show under center.

Jesse bates has been decent but he's hardly Ed reed back there.  Id love to see a LB'er become a stud on this team....aside from vontaze,(who was an asset and a liability depending on what mood he was in) we've had little to no decent production from that area in 15 years
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I was really looking forward to games 2 with Balt and Pitt to see Burrow progress there. Now it’s going to be a bloodbath.

This sucks and I can’t imagine us winning another game without Burrow this year. Depending on the injury, who knows how good he will be when he gets back. Not to mention, Bengals medical staff...

Did you see the Bengals medical staff run out on the field when Burrow went down with a band aid in his hand? This was their solution to Burrows injury....

[Image: wound-106374_1280.jpg?w=625&h=390&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: Would Burrow be injured today if the OL was playing so stellar?  I'm going to start calling you Jack Dawson cause your rebuttals with everyone are sinking quicker than the Titanic.

Have u seen the play? please explain the sack orc pressure  or missed block the created the injury?  Have some more kool aid people are drinking
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:50 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Jesse bates has been decent but he's hardly Ed reed back there.  Id love to see a LB'er become a stud on this team....aside from vontaze,(who was an asset and a liability depending on what mood he was in) we've had little to no decent production from that area in 15 years

Jess is arguably the best safety in the league. Just because he doesn’t match a legendary safety doesn’t equal “decent.”
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But what really cracks me up is the victim squad around here crying about how much better the Browns front office has been than the Bengals.  That is the most pathetic shit I have ever heard.

CryCry "I wish I was a fan of a team that has not had a single winning season in 12 years?  Instead I have been cursed to watch the Bengals make the playoffs 6 times over that span.  NO ONE IS A BIGGER VICTIM THAN ME!!" Cry Cry

I mean, when you completely change the logic behind an opposing opinion it's pretty easy to paint it as irrational.

I don't think anyone here is saying the Browns have done a better job over the last 12 years than the Bengals.  In fact, I've never seen a single person say that.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure most people are speaking about either current, or recent moves, to come to the conclusion that they would rather have the Browns front office than the Bengals.  So when you take that into account, it's an entirely different argument.

And you know the Browns front office has undergone a bunches of changes, right?  Not every team has the same front office in place forever. 

The Browns current GM is Andrew Berry, who has produced a 7-3 team.  The previous GM was John Dorsey.  That front office went 13-18-1.

So maybe think about that next time.  Maybe when someone says they wish we made moves like the Browns front office, they're speaking to moves made by Berry and Dorsey, and not the regime of 10 years ago.  Or I guess you could just assume the worst, or outright change the argument, so can you paint others as crybabies.  It's up to you.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:52 PM)thillan Wrote: Jess is arguably the best safety in the league. Just because he doesn’t match a legendary safety doesn’t equal “decent.”

Im not seeing the best safety in the league here.  

And even if he was, the D is so incredibly bad that his talent is completely wasted here
Reply/Quote
I won’t be watching. Burrow made the games fun to watch
Reply/Quote
I believe you make your own luck. Teams like the Steelers do all these small incremental things that help give them an edge to win.

The Bengals do the opposite and it results in losing. You make your own luck.
Our philosophy is flawed, while the Steelers have a better overall football philosophy.

Until you fix the philosophy/coaching, history is doomed to repeat.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe how anybody in this thread could defend this horrid coaching staff and front office.

Anybody with half a brain cell saw this outcome coming into the season, we all knew the odds of him making it through the season healthy were slim to none, we were just hoping we were wrong. Turns out we weren't.

We did next to nothing to help Joe this year, we got him a WR and a bunch of backup Olinemen, we spent all of our money on a defense that has been horrible and that's on the coaching.

I would call for the coaches to be fired but let's be honest, a new coaching staff changes nothing with this front office, I'm a fan and always will be but I've lost so much interest in this team over the last 5 years compared to before.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of the hits Burrow took was because he held onto the ball longer trying to make plays.

Our O-line has a lot of issues but in the offseason we added two new starters with one of them being the first O-lineman taken in the 2019 draft.  So it is silly to claim the team ignored the O-line.

And the same guys who claim we have to build with young talent from the draft are some of the same ones claiming that we should have given up on a fourth round pick (Jordan) after his rookie season.

In another thread you argued the Bengals added quantity to the Oline, but you didn’t see any quality.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, when you completely change the logic behind an opposing opinion it's pretty easy to paint it as irrational.

I don't think anyone here is saying the Browns have done a better job over the last 12 years than the Bengals.  In fact, I've never seen a single person say that.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure most people are speaking about either current, or recent moves, to come to the conclusion that they would rather have the Browns front office than the Bengals.  So when you take that into account, it's an entirely different argument.

And you know the Browns front office has undergone a bunches of changes, right?  Not every team has the same front office in place forever. 

The Browns current GM is Andrew Berry, who has produced a 7-3 team.  The previous GM was John Dorsey.  That front office went 13-18-1.

So maybe think about that next time.  Maybe when someone says they wish we made moves like the Browns front office, they're speaking to moves made by Berry and Dorsey, and not the regime of 10 years ago.  Or I guess you could just assume the worst, or outright change the argument, so can you paint others as crybabies.  It's up to you.

The sad reality is...over the past 3 seasons, the damn Browns have won twice as many games as the Bengals.  Sick
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown needs to be forced to sell this team. Enough is enough already..
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The sad reality is...over the past 3 seasons, the damn Browns have won twice as many games as the Bengals.  Sick

If the stains get a Super Bowl before we do while I'm alive.. its over.  With the pats, the lombardi was kept out of the squeelers & ravens.. now that they're no longer dominant, its up for grabs.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The sad reality is...over the past 3 seasons, the damn Browns have won twice as many games as the Bengals.  Sick

Their first year HC already has 7 wins. It’s going to take Taylor well into his 3rd season to match that. Pathetic.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, when you completely change the logic behind an opposing opinion it's pretty easy to paint it as irrational.

You are spot on! Also if people want to cry then why not. We are going to have 4 wins in 2 years they have earned that right as fans.
Reply/Quote
I mean, we all kinda knew this was a possibility. The line has stunk since we last made the playoffs. This is year 5 of our line completely sucking due to a mixture of incompetence, bad luck and apathy (lack of moves). And no, I don't consider guys like XSF and Fred Johnson to be noteworthy moves.

Maybe someday Mikey and co will give the line the serious attention it's deserved for 5 years running.

But we all know how slow Mikey is to even realize something is an actual problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote