Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I'm Angrier Than I Can Remember With This Team
(11-22-2020, 08:07 PM)Roland Wrote: They completely ignored the offensive line this off season.  The came in with nothing but a prayer for improvement.  We knew that they needed to add two good tackles and at least one good guard.  They only added their first round tackle from last year - still a complete unknown 

So it was "nothing but a prayer" to expect the first O-lineman taken in the draft to improve their line?  It is amazing the lengths some people will go to in order to whine about this front office.

Bobby Hart was not that bad in pass protection last year.   Jordan was bad, but if we are going to build with young draft picks we can't give up on a fourth round pick after one season.  Trey Hopkins is nothing special, but not a "must replace" either.  Sua-Filo was not a big money free agent, but at least he was a new face instead of staying with the old. 

The O-line had questions but it is bullshit to claim the Bengals "completely ignored" it.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Mike Brown is going nowhere and neither is the family.  His activity this past offseason was actually pretty encouraging.  I'm still going to give them credit for trying new things.

...and after this horrific season he’ll say, “See? I TOLD you all that free agency stuff was a waste of money. I let you be active and I let you make trades and the team still didn’t win. In fact, it was better when we did things MY way — so we’re going back to the formula of keeping veterans and building ONLY through the draft.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:24 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Yep. I said the same thing in a couple of other threads. The injury to Burrow give Mike Brown an excuse to make no changes. Meanwhile, we’ll have a head coach who’ll be 4-27-1 in two seasons with no wins on the road.

Did you catch Zac’s post game comments where he said the line is playing fine and he’s steadily improving? He’s right, but left out a couple of key qualifiers. They’ve improved by going from being absolutely atrocious to being merely bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idk how any of you can stand listening to that clown speak. Marvin’s pressers were annoying, but at least I respected the man.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OL has not been “playing better.” Pittsburgh had 4 sacks and Washington had another 4 today. They only looked competent against Tennessee who has literally no pass rush. Which most of us tried to tell “the OL is fixed crowd.”

Kinda like when we fixed the running game against Jax... The team everyone runs over.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So it was "nothing but a prayer" to expect the first O-lineman taken in the draft to improve their line?  It is amazing the lengths some people will go to in order to whine about this front office.

Bobby Hart was not that bad in pass protection last year.   Jordan was bad, but if we are going to build with young draft picks we can't give up on a fourth round pick after one season.  Trey Hopkins is nothing special, but not a "must replace" either.  Sua-Filo was not a big money free agent, but at least he was a new face instead of staying with the old. 

The O-line had questions but it is bullshit to claim the Bengals "completely ignored" it.

You on Mike Browns pay roll? 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of the hits Burrow took was because he held onto the ball longer trying to make plays.

Our O-line has a lot of issues but in the offseason we added two new starters with one of them being the first O-lineman taken in the 2019 draft.  So it is silly to claim the team ignored the O-line.

And the same guys who claim we have to build with young talent from the draft are some of the same ones claiming that we should have given up on a fourth round pick (Jordan) after his rookie season.

Not on this play. And MJ was getting routinely walked back today. He should not be starting or staying in games where he's getting beat badly. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You couldn’t pay me to watch another game without Burrow in there.

Hell, I might even be done until Taylor is gone.

Im with you on that one, fishing no longer canceled on Sundays.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm going to watch them just to laugh at Finley.
Go to Bengals.com and look at Finley's picture with hat on and the quote under it.

Pure comedy...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:53 PM)samhain Wrote: 12 qb hits.  Most in the league this week so far.  Normal pressure.  Right.

haha people look at sacks and see 0 and think the oline is good.  Burrow makes this oline look competent, how many times did Finlay get sacked?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: You on Mike Browns pay roll? 

I have to be on Mike Brown's payroll in order to think that adding the first O-lineman taken in the draft was an attempt to improve the O-line?

You fighting to win the "Whiner of the Year Award"?
Reply/Quote
I like this thread in retrospect, so much for our shiny new quarterback.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Free-Agency-expectations
Reply/Quote
I like this board. I like the majority of the posters. Even if I’m wrong or fans disagree with my post, I won’t hold it against anyone probably always because the people here are not bad fans in general.

But I will not watch, listen, or check this teams scores the rest of the year. Zac and the FO made obvious mistakes by not addressing the biggest weakness on offensive line, and the fans knew it. We all saw the horrible end to burrows season before he was drafted. Zac, Jim and Lou and that Al Golden nimrod along with the rest of that staff needs shit canned.

I’ll watch the moves this offseason, I’ll watch the draft. I’ll watch next season. If I get refuse to make critical moves to sure up that damn mine it will be the same old song and dance.

But most of you rock and thus board will be the only thing I read about the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:32 PM)ah5 Wrote: haha people look at sacks and see 0 and think the oline is good.  Burrow makes this oline look competent, how many times did Finlay get sacked?

Agreed Burrow made this piss poor line seem "decent"

Although Finley is a Dalton statue X10 back there
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: zero sacks today when Burrow was in.. we never punted I believe or maybe once.. so you are saying the line was horrible today ?  come on man

Would Burrow be injured today if the OL was playing so stellar?  I'm going to start calling you Jack Dawson cause your rebuttals with everyone are sinking quicker than the Titanic.
Reply/Quote
Tank for Trevor engaged
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
ZT just got another year of coaching out of this. Brown will see it as the offense was improving and moving in the right direction. And defense doing bare min to keep us into the game. Win win for him. Just bad luck with injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: Would Burrow be injured today if the OL was playing so stellar?  I'm going to start calling you Jack Dawson cause your rebuttals with everyone are sinking quicker than the Titanic.

C’mon he’s clearly the friend nobody even cared about...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cleveland went out and got an actual starting caliber player in Conklin for their OL,

Every team in the league would consider the first O-lineman taken in the draft "an actual starting caliber player".

But what really cracks me up is the victim squad around here crying about how much better the Browns front office has been than the Bengals.  That is the most pathetic shit I have ever heard.

CryCry "I wish I was a fan of a team that has not had a single winning season in 12 years?  Instead I have been cursed to watch the Bengals make the playoffs 6 times over that span.  NO ONE IS A BIGGER VICTIM THAN ME!!" Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have to be on Mike Brown's payroll in order to think that adding the first O-lineman taken in the draft was an attempt to improve the O-line?

You fighting to win the "Whiner of the Year Award"?

"Bobby Hart was not that bad in pass protection last year.   Jordan was bad, but if we are going to build with young draft picks we can't give up on a fourth round pick after one season.  Trey Hopkins is nothing special, but not a "must replace" either.  Sua-Filo was not a big money free agent, but at least he was a new face instead of staying with the old. "

You defended Bobby Hart, Jordan, Trey Hopkins and Sua-Filo in a horrible attempt at saying the Bengals franchise tried to protect Burrow.

See yourself out the door.  

Some may tolerate your nonsense on this board but I know better.  You have been "Bengalized" and know nothing but losing. Your words have a loser mentality. 
Reply/Quote
I was really looking forward to games 2 with Balt and Pitt to see Burrow progress there. Now it’s going to be a bloodbath.

This sucks and I can’t imagine us winning another game without Burrow this year. Depending on the injury, who knows how good he will be when he gets back. Not to mention, Bengals medical staff...
Reply/Quote