Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm done!!
(03-13-2017, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can we all just agree that using a popularity contest (Pro Bowl selection), as a way of measuring a players skill/talent/abilities, is a piss poor measuring stick?

Seconded.

Who wants to argue about the HOF?
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with them not breaking the bank for a guard who is good, but not great. Somebody will fill the role Z had. As of this moment we don't know who that will be, but we do know it's going to be someone making significantly less money than Z., someone who may or may not be as good, but we also know that that money in savings can potentially go to a much higher skilled position. Guard has never really been seen as one of the most highly regarded positions and I doubt it ever will be in my life. 
Sure, a few teams highly value guards, but most do not. 
The most sought out positions are QB, corners, DE and WR .. occasionally other positions get paid as well, but not that often. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:57 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Yes to this reasoning.
Whit deserves a payday, and he wasn't going to get that money here. So, thanks Whit, have fun in LA LA RAM LAND.
Zeit, good for him as well...Sorry you are a worthless Brown, but good job getting that money bro! Like to see how effective you are playing against us twice a year now. 

The organization still can pick BPA in the draft...(BUT) it will be interesting to see who their idea of BPA is at #9...

We can't go OL at 9. Move back a little if need be.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 07:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let me ask you a question, which do you think is the bigger mistake?

A) The Browns' signing Zeitler to the highest OG contract ever when he isn't the greatest OG ever.

or

B) The Bengals franchise tagging Stacy Andrews paying him Top 5 OL money for a guy who wasn't even Top 50 at his position while he played.

If the Bengals are willing to grossly overpay Andrews (who sucked), what's so bad about the Browns signing Zeitler when they can afford it and he improves their team?
Never said the Browns made a mistake. They had a ton of money to spend. So much money that they even traded for Brock Osweiler to get a 2nd round Draft pick by taking on his salary. Zeitler's value was Market Driven and Markets can over swing high or low. The Browns paid a Premium for Zeitler and I'm fine with that. They had the extra money to do it. I am also OK with the Bengals not matching or beating the Browns offer. No interest in a Stacy Andrews discussion. You can weed into that if you want. As for Pro Bowls, I don't expect to see any Pro Bowl mentions in any of your Future Posts. For example, if say a few years from now the Bengals let a Pro Bowl player leave in Free Agency, be sure not to complain that they "let a Pro Bowl player leave." Be sure to call out anyone that does say it. After all, a Pro Bowl player is just like any other. Means nothing. Also, don't give any shout outs to any future Bengals that happen to make a Pro Bowl because it means nothing and that would be Hypocritical. Stay true to your Standards and you will have me at Hello. I on the other hand, won't be strong enough not to mention if a guy has or has not made a Pro Bowl in my Future Posts. I guess I just lack your Strength and Wisdom. I will look to you as inspiration as I try to not make mentions of Pro Bowl appearances in the future but I'll likely slip up. All players are equal. You taught me that. Always put at least 2 words between the words "Pro" and "Bowl" or better yet never even put those 2 words in a Post. I get it now. I'll watch from afar as you pave the way on this.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:07 AM)depthchart Wrote: Never said the Browns made a mistake. They had a ton of money to spend. So much money that they even traded for Brock Osweiler to get a 2nd round Draft pick by taking on his salary. Zeitler's value was Market Driven and Markets can over swing high or low. The Browns paid a Premium for Zeitler and I'm fine with that. They had the extra money to do it. I am also OK with the Bengals not matching or beating the Browns offer. No interest in a Stacy Andrews discussion. You can weed into that if you want. As for Pro Bowls, I don't expect to see any Pro Bowl mentions in any of your Future Posts. For example, if say a few years from now the Bengals let a Pro Bowl player leave in Free Agency, be sure not to complain that they "let a Pro Bowl player leave." Be sure to call out anyone that does say it. After all, a Pro Bowl player is just like any other. Means nothing. Also, don't give any shout outs to any future Bengals that happen to make a Pro Bowl because it means nothing and that would be Hypocritical. Stay true to your Standards and you will have me at Hello. I on the other hand, won't be strong enough not to mention if a guy has or has not made a Pro Bowl in my Future Posts. I guess I just lack your Strength and Wisdom. I will look to you as inspiration as I try to not make mentions of Pro Bowl appearances in the future but I'll likely slip up. All players are equal. You taught me that. Always put at least 2 words between the words "Pro" and "Bowl" or better yet never even put those 2 words in a Post. I get it now. I'll watch from afar as you pave the way on this.

Ask your doctor if Prozac is right for you.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile back at the ranch when the discussion was about no longer being a Bengals fan because of business decisions made by the company...
I decided to resign myself to remaining a loyal fan till the day I die or until the next time they blow it in the playoffs again or whichever comes first. 
If I had ten bucks every time I declared that I'm done with this team I could buy the team with change left over for a shitty cup of coffee from Dennys. 
So instead of embarrassing myself yet again and declaring that I'm not a fan anymore only to be a fan again soon as I'm done being mad about things I have zero control over I'm declaring that I'm not going to do that again till the next time. I'm certainly not going to make the determination that certain business decisions are going to make me change my stripes come game day. Soon as I learn how to read the bubbles from glass cleaner with ammonia D to predict the outcome of every game and business decision the team makes I'll pass that knowledge along to you all and you can pay for banners to fly over the stadium during the off season. 
And by the way, I tried prozac and the team still didn't win the superbowl as a result. Screw prozac. 
Edit: Since Rex is now with the Pats I've come to the conclusion that the Bengals brain trust has taken to reading the bubbles from glass cleaner with ammonia D for Dumb. 
Somehow I'm not as confident about the plan as I was an hour ago.
Rickety rack, rickety rack, rah rah rah. Zisboomba ..     
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote