Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm no longer undecided on ZT. The guy has got to go.
I've been back and fourth on him all year. This loss was the nail in the coffin for me. He needs to pack his bags after the season. He's not an asset to this team, he's holding them back.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
75% of us are with you
Reply/Quote
He's without a doubt the worst coach in the league not named Urban Meyer. The problem is I have a zero faith in this sad F.O. to hire even a semi competent replacement.
Reply/Quote
There's literally another thread started by the OP on this page slamming Zac. What is this made up "back and forth"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I question some of the decisions that he makes. Some of them are pretty terrible.

I also have a ton of respect for him flipping the worst team in the league to a team that currently has a winning record and could make the playoffs this year.

I’ll wait to see how the team finishes before I ask for his head again.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been back and fourth on him all year. This loss was the nail in the coffin for me. He needs to pack his bags after the season. He's not an asset to this team, he's holding them back.

There was a lot of things in this game that a lot of people will inappropriately blame Taylor for. Such as the 2 fumbles, taunting, Chase drop, Bates drop, etc. 

Despite that, when it came to the things that were actually within Zac Taylor's control, he also failed us. 

The multiple times playing for the field goals during regulation but more glaringly not trying to win the game in OT. Those 2 runs before the Burrow sack were some of the most gutless weak calls I've seen in a long time. The reason this team has no identity is that Zac Taylor has no identity. He started off the year trying to be aggressive and since then has become completely spineless. 

The reason Zac Taylor is now 0-24 while trailing in the 4th is because of Zac Taylor. 
Reply/Quote
Look at his record he always sucked, but he will be here for 4 more years at least. This organization is clueless. A professional organization that does not know how to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been back and fourth on him all year. This loss was the nail in the coffin for me. He needs to pack his bags after the season. He's not an asset to this team, he's holding them back.

I'm right there with you and I have been back and forth all year as well. Also this game is the perfect example of him holding us back.
Reply/Quote
Bengals will win 1 more this season if they are lucky with Zac....and STILL get extension...

we've been to this rodeo many many times before...
Reply/Quote
I think a better way of thinking is "what does Zac actually do that impresses me as a HC?"

I don't find myself thinking his offense is innovative or groundbreaking which is what was implied with his hire.

More of talent surging from time to time.

The roster turn could be accredited to multiple people within the organization and draft position.

Our previous coach I believe could have done as well with the FO's spending in Free Agency.

No, I don't want him coaching this team either.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think a better way of thinking is "what does Zac actually do that impresses me as a HC?"

I don't find myself thinking his offense is innovative or groundbreaking which is what was implied with his hire.

More of talent surging from time to time.

The roster turn could be accredited to multiple people within the organization and draft position.

Our previous coach I believe could have done as well with the FO's spending in Free Agency.

No, I don't want him coaching this team either.

If they finish 1-3. What’s the percentage he is actually not brought back?
I’d 90% chance this lazy organization stays lazy!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:16 PM)TheFan Wrote: There was a lot of things in this game that a lot of people will inappropriately blame Taylor for. Such as the 2 fumbles, taunting, Chase drop, Bates drop, etc. 

Despite that, when it came to the things that were actually within Zac Taylor's control, he also failed us. 

The multiple times playing for the field goals during regulation but more glaringly not trying to win the game in OT. Those 2 runs before the Burrow sack were some of the most gutless weak calls I've seen in a long time. The reason this team has no identity is that Zac Taylor has no identity. He started off the year trying to be aggressive and since then has become completely spineless. 

The reason Zac Taylor is now 0-24 while trailing in the 4th is because of Zac Taylor. 

It's not just this game. EVERY game this is some wasted timeout, terrible game management decision, or horrible play calling sequence. 

He wasted a timeout tonight. He took the ball out of Burrows hand in overtime. His play calling was atrocious all night. 

I'm over it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
When did we become the Least Penalized team in the NFL? Who is responsible for that?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:59 PM)Interceptor Wrote: When did we become the Least Penalized team in the NFL? Who is responsible for that?

If you're going to use that as your argument then Taylor is blamed for both the horrid play calling AND the taunting call. Not sure how you're helping him here. Fred already posted statistics showing how lack of penalties has no correlation to winning. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: If you're going to use that as your argument then Taylor is blamed for both the horrid play calling AND the taunting call. Not sure how you're helping him here. Fred already posted statistics showing how lack of penalties has no correlation to winning. 

No shit.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:59 PM)Interceptor Wrote: When did we become the Least Penalized team in the NFL? Who is responsible for that?

Joe Burrow.

Zac calls for a lot of penalties, but Joe audibles out of them.

Matter of fact; everything good that happens is because Joe audibles out of the stuff Zac calls and everything that goes wrong is because Zac called it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Joe Burrow.

Zac calls for a lot of penalties, but Joe audibles out of them.

Matter of fact; everything good that happens is because Joe audibles out of the stuff Zac calls and everything that goes wrong is because Zac called it. 

Then Joe Burrow should become the field general, something they let Peyton Manning do when he arrived on the Broncos.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Regardless of whether you like Zac or not, there's always a bottom line when it comes to head coaches, and Zac's bottom line is still pretty troublesome to say the least:

13-31-1 record in 3 years.
He's lost 4 of his last 5 home games. 
After starting 5-2, he's went 2-4 over the last 6.

For me, it's nothing personal against Zac. I don't hate the guy or anything. I just don't think he's the answer. 

Not that any of that matters. He'll still be the HC next year, so we'll just have to hope he continues to grow, learn and find his way. 
Reply/Quote
As I said about ZT after year 1, there is a really good chance the best thing he does for the Bengals is stink badly enough for us to draft Burrow. So there is the list of positives about ZT.

1. stunk badly enough for us to draft Burrow
2. looked pretty good to start(?) 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:16 PM)TheFan Wrote: There was a lot of things in this game that a lot of people will inappropriately blame Taylor for. Such as the 2 fumbles, taunting, Chase drop, Bates drop, etc. 

Yep

Goes for it on 4th and 3 or whatever from his own 30 in a game he's up by 10 early in the season. Then locks up the brakes in a game with playoff lives on the line.

My vote, if I had one, would be goodbye Zac
Reply/Quote