Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I predict Jay Gruden is our HC next year if it's not Marvin
(12-11-2018, 08:56 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I personally feel we're going to have to dip into the college ranks and find someone hungry for the NFL. No HC worth anything will touch this dumpster fire. Just my two cents.

A hot OC or DC might be interested if it means his first HC job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 09:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A hot OC or DC might be interested if it means his first HC job.

True.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I would take Gruden over Hue all day every day, but my thoughts are to bring new blood in here who hasnt already coached on the team. I am not convinced anything at all will change after this season though. The only hope we may have is Marvin keeping his promise and stepping down. Fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
Please no lazy hire Marvin Lewis like minded retreads. I thank you in advance for abandoning any and all continuity.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 01:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What about Zimmer 5 seasons, 2 playoffs 1 fluke playoff win, looking like not making playoffs after alot of $$ spent in offseason, could he be let go?

No way would Mike Brown be able to co-exist with Zimmer.

Ideal scenario would be to bring Zimmer back as the DC.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 12:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would prefer someone completely new, but I’d take Jay over Hue any day.

This......although he would be my last choice over Hue, I think.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 11:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: This......although he would be my last choice over Hue, I think.

I think Jay would be underwhelming as well.

We need someone that can come in and build a system of success. Gruden hasn't done that in Washington. Hue hasn't done that.

I'm not even so sure that Zimmer has.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were smart, they would have had Mike McCarthy in talks for the past week discussing the complete overhaul plan for heading into 2019. This team needs an established, proven winner. Putting the task of building from scratch on a rookie HC, or some Marvin retread just ain't going to get it done.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Zimmer = discipline. We need discipline on this team. Well, that and common sense. He has both.

what about greg Williams..  Browns will undoubtly search for a new head coach... And that team has turned around since he took over.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 11:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what about greg Williams..  Browns will undoubtly search for a new head coach... And that team has turned around since he took over.

17-31 as HC for Bills, while ruffling the feathers of Sean Payton, along with the bounty gate stuff that's a hard pass for me. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
If they do decide to move on, which they won't, I'd like them to at least talk to Titan's OC LaFluer. Young guy, very energetic.
Reply/Quote
If by some miracle my prayers are answered and we get rid of both Merv and Huey Lewis and the bad news the hiring of Gruden would not surprise me much.

Mikey likes to stay in his safe place.
Reply/Quote
Minn fans LOVE Zimmer. He's not in any danger this offseason. Maybe in 2019 if they struggle again, but not this year.

As for Jay..meh. He seems to get a lot from a little (Made Cousins into Cousins; name one great skill player they've had recently) but he doesn't win a ton. If he's the best we can do other than Hue Lewis, I take him all day.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
It's gonna be Hue......I can feel it.

Reply/Quote
The Bengsls could get their next Head Coach from the same place they got the last one...Ravens Defensive Coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Did I miss something, or is there an actual chance that Zimmer will be available soon?

I assumed he was perfectly safe in Minnesota.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Did I miss something, or is there an actual chance that Zimmer will be available soon?

I assumed he was perfectly safe in Minnesota.

Thread justifying John Defilippo as HC in 3....2....1 

No thanks in advance
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:55 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Zimmer please...the stupid penalties would ceasw on offense and the defense would be at least fundamentally sound
oh yeah players would be fearful of losing jobs aka VB.

I like Zimmer but less impressed as a Head Coach, i have watched enough of their games to wonder about game management with him and winning the big games as a Head Coach and as a Def Coach here at Cincinnati especially in the playoffs
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Bengals would hire Hue as the HC next year and have Lewis as the DC.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals would hire Hue as the HC next year and have Lewis as the DC.

No need to wonder about this, it's gon' happen.

Reply/Quote