Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I predict Jay Gruden is our HC next year if it's not Marvin
(12-11-2018, 04:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It would be interesting if both and Gruden became available...I would take either over Marvin returning or Hue taking over.

To be honest though, if Marvin does quit or get canned (both very unlikely IMO) I would love to see them avoid Marvin-era coaches altogether and hire someone that would bring in a level of excitement and a reason for renewed optimism. My list would be:

Matt Campbell
   Dave Toub
   Eric Bieniemy
   Pete Carmichael 
   Matt LaFleur
   Vic Fangio
   Dan Campbell
   James Bettcher

If I were the owner, I would be interested in all of these guys for different reasons. They all bring different experiences, skills, styles, approaches and levels of success. Most importantly, none of them are Marvin Lewis or Hue Jackson.  Whatever

I would love Eric Bieniemy.
Also, he used to play for the Bengals too. So he has a past here.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Who says Gruden would even want to work for Mike Brown? I'm sure someone else would like him, pro or college.
Reply/Quote
I predict 50 more years of failure.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals would hire Hue as the HC next year and have Lewis as the DC.

That would be beyond goofy, even by Bengal standards.  But hey, it's their toy and they can do what they damn well want with it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 03:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well out of everyone, Hue was the only one available so far.
Heck, if Gruden and Zimmer also become available, I wouldn't be shocked to see Zimmer brought back as DC, Gruden get HC, and Hue take over OC. Get the gang back together!  Ninja

If they brought back Gruden as HC and had Hue as OC it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Bunch of drama queens about Hue in Bengal-land.

He can do that job.

He's certainly proved it here.  I know I know... he can't be nearly as good as Lazor. LOL

It's the whole HC thing that he's crappy at.

Jay may have been passive with ol roid boy Harrison but he's no kiss ass either.

He knew when to move on from RG III and made no bones about it.

You think Marvin would have had the stones to do it, let alone do it publicly... nope!

McCarthy would be nice but probably not realistic at all either.

I'd vote a big fat "NO" to bringing in some college guy or underling.  They'll be happy to just to coach in the NFL.

We don't have time for that shit.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 10:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If they brought back Gruden as HC and had Hue as OC it wouldn't be the worst thing.

He can do that job.

He's certainly proved it here.  I know I know... he can't be nearly as good as Lazor. LOL

Jay may have been passive with ol roid boy Harrison but he's no kiss ass either.

You think Marvin would have had the stones to do it, let alone do it publicly... nope!

I'd vote a big fat "NO" to bringing in some college guy or underling.  They'll be happy to just to coach in the NFL.

Don't tell Mike that.  He thinks he's got all the time in the world.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
There is only one former Cincinnati Bengal coach I would want to be head coach in Cincinnati now and that's Mike Zimmer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, and that is why so many of us "old timers" squawk so loudly about it being time for Mike Brown to retire.

Damn right, I know I've seen enough of his tenure......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 10:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If they brought back Gruden as HC and had Hue as OC it wouldn't be the worst thing.

He can do that job.

You are right about Hue as OC.....I would actually like to revisit that.

Reply/Quote
I'll throw a different idea out, with the mid season firing of the OC in Minnesota there is rumblings Zimmer could be out if they don't right the ship. I'll take Zimmer if he ends up the surprise firing this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 01:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'll throw a different idea out, with the mid season firing of the OC in Minnesota there is rumblings Zimmer could be out if they don't right the ship. I'll take Zimmer if he ends up the surprise firing this year.

Wanting Zimmer back would probably be the only thing the entire board could agree on.

I don’t think he gets fired though.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wanting Zimmer back would probably be the only thing the entire board could agree on.

I don’t think he gets fired though.

Every year there is one surprise. Apparently the whole firing the OC thing according to what I read was Zimmer offering up a head to management. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, and that is why so many of us "old timers" squawk so loudly about it being time for Mike Brown to retire.

At least some of you really old timers remember a Super Bowl run or two. I started following the Bengals closely in '93. Think of how I feel. 25 years, never seen a damn playoff win. I'd never wish death on anyone, but maybe someone could do us all a favor and chloroform Mike and throw him in a closet somewhere. In Siberia.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: You are right about Hue as OC.....I would actually like to revisit that.

I vote no to Hue Jackson in Cincinnati. I don't even want him selling hotdogs in the stands.

The guy is a (for the lack of a better word) douche. His players didn't want to play for him coaching staff hated him. Even while in Cincy we saw shades of that during Hard Knocks. I honestly think his personality would end up pushing good players out of Cincy instead of bringing them in...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 01:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At least some of you really old timers remember a Super Bowl run or two. I started following the Bengals closely in '93. Think of how I feel. 25 years, never seen a damn playoff win. I'd never wish death on anyone, but maybe someone could do us all a favor and chloroform Mike and throw him in a closet somewhere. In Siberia.

It is crazy to think that anyone who became a Bengals fan after January '91 has never seen a single playoff win. I became a "hardcore" fan around '84 when Sam got the job. At least I got to witness 3 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 01:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It is crazy to think that anyone who became a Bengals fan after January '91 has never seen a single playoff win. I became a "hardcore" fan around '84 when Sam got the job. At least I got to witness 3 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance. 

I remember watching the 91 game on tv. Then seeing us lose to the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
There is video of the last win in the playoffs:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bengals+playoff+win+youtube.com+1991&view=detail&mid=6BEE3C5D85AFCD82EF0C6BEE3C5D85AFCD82EF0C&FORM=VIRE
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 04:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I keep seeing this name pop up in these conversations.  What exactly has he done to deserve HC considerations?

You realize that the Titans' Offense currently ranks 27th in scoring, and 28th in yardage, right?

Beats me......I saw someone on here talking about how great Mariota is. Shocked

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 01:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At least some of you really old timers remember a Super Bowl run or two. I started following the Bengals closely in '93. Think of how I feel. 25 years, never seen a damn playoff win. I'd never wish death on anyone, but maybe someone could do us all a favor and chloroform Mike and throw him in a closet somewhere. In Siberia.

Hey now...... Rant

(12-12-2018, 01:48 PM)Synric Wrote: I vote no to Hue Jackson in Cincinnati. I don't even want him selling hotdogs in the stands.

The guy is a (for the lack of a better word) douche. His players didn't want to play for him coaching staff hated him. Even while in Cincy we saw shades of that during Hard Knocks. I honestly think his personality would end up pushing good players out of Cincy instead of bringing them in...

I can see that.....but our offense did good things under him, even the year with all of the injuries.  That would be the only thing I would be comfortable with him doing here.  But I can appreciate your sentiment.  I would like the entire staff gone, but we know Mike Brown, and we know that likely isn't happening.  I'd rather see him as OC, than HC.  I think he's going to be the next HC, myself.....and I don't like it.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 02:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey now...... Rant

I was wondering if you guys would notice the emphasis on "really".  Hilarious
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote