Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I predict Jay Gruden is our HC next year if it's not Marvin
(12-11-2018, 02:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Did I miss something, or is there an actual chance that Zimmer will be available soon?

I assumed he was perfectly safe in Minnesota.

I guess that could be up for debate,  Finishing his 5th year under the helm and even with the $$ spent in offseason looking like a losing season on the way in a below average division outside of Chicago, no team has a winning record.  He has made the playoffs 2 out of 5 and lets be honest outside of a fluke pass should be 0-2 in playoffs.  Would it be unusual maybe but look at history in Minnesota.. They let Green go after 5 winning seasons towards the end of an impressive run, 5 playoff appearances and then he had a bad season and they let him go. I can understand Green was there longer but he also had more success than Zimmer has in 5 years and it seems owners are quicker as a whole to make changes on a short tenure plus with all the $$ spent in offseason im sure Ownership is not happy with what has been playing out on the field
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 01:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we have to go retread here’s my order of who I’d want

Zimmer>Jay>Joseph >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hue

LOL

Reply/Quote
The Redskins were leading their division til Alex Smith went down. Overall, Jay has been mediocre as a HC though.

2014: 4-12
2015: 9-7 (lost wildcard)
2016: 8-7-1
2017: 7-9
2018: 6-3 (prior to Alex Smith injury) 6-7 now

If it's Jay vs Marv or Hue, I'm taking Jay...but we can do better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Redskins were leading their division til Alex Smith went down. Overall, Jay has been mediocre as a HC though.

2014: 4-12
2015: 9-7 (lost wildcard)
2016: 8-7-1
2017: 7-9
2018: 6-3 (prior to Alex Smith injury) 6-7 now

If it's Jay vs Marv or Hue, I'm taking Jay...but we can do better.

.....but we won't, and it'll be Hue.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Jay’s been stuck with an owner that rivals Mike Brown for the worst. It’s hard to fairly judge him as a HC.

And no that doesn’t apply to Marvin because he’s had 16 years and more talented teams.

Reply/Quote
I do want an offensive guy. We haven't had an offensive minded HC in 20 years, and it seems like defensive minded HC's are going the way of the dodo thanks to how the league is currently constructed. All the sudden success of teams like the Chiefs, Rams, Chargers, Eagles, Saints etc have offensive HC's behind it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....but we won't, and it'll be Hue.

Probably.  Cry

(12-11-2018, 03:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jay’s been stuck with an owner that rivals Mike Brown for the worst. It’s hard to fairly judge him as a HC.

And no that doesn’t apply to Marvin because he’s had 16 years and more talented teams.

This crossed my mind, but it's a perfect way to see how he'd do coaching for a bad owner. The results aren't good. So why should we want him?

He looks like Marv 2.0. The only reason I'd take him over Marv is (a) he's an offensive guy and (b) he's not Marvin or Hue.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....but we won't, and it'll be Hue.

Pray  Nooooooooooooo.......
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
One plus about Jay Gruden is if Mike Brown decides to move on from Dalton in the next couple years Gruden is an excellent QB coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I would take about anybody over Huey Lewis and the bad news, even Jay.

Doubt Zim gets canned in Minny so that is probably out, plus he has that edge i don't think Mikey can deal with.

All i know is i don't want Marv here anymore. Hue might be good for us as an OC.

Hey just for hecksake, imagine if Zim and Jay are both let go, Zim is back as our DC, Jay is HC and Hue is OC?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish I felt that was the case. I think he’ll feel like anyone but Marvin will excite the fans. And unfortunately I think Hue is his #1 choice.

Well out of everyone, Hue was the only one available so far.
Heck, if Gruden and Zimmer also become available, I wouldn't be shocked to see Zimmer brought back as DC, Gruden get HC, and Hue take over OC. Get the gang back together!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I want Merv, Huey lewis and the bad news Bungals show outta here ! And they can take weak @ZZ Lazor with them.

Jay Gruden wouldn't be my top choice but if the three amigos listed above are gone I'd take it.
Reply/Quote
It honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Jay Gruden has been pretty mediocre over in Washington. 2 losing seasons. 2 winning seasons. Outside of his first season, they've been riding that 7-9/9-7 line
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 03:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jay’s been stuck with an owner that rivals Mike Brown for the worst. It’s hard to fairly judge him as a HC.

The Redskins atleast spend money.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 03:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well out of everyone, Hue was the only one available so far.
Heck, if Gruden and Zimmer also become available, I wouldn't be shocked to see Zimmer brought back as DC, Gruden get HC, and Hue take over OC. Get the gang back together!  Ninja

You and i think alike Ocho lol
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 12:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If they do decide to move on, which they won't, I'd like them to at least talk to Titan's OC LaFluer. Young guy, very energetic.

I keep seeing this name pop up in these conversations.  What exactly has he done to deserve HC considerations?

You realize that the Titans' Offense currently ranks 27th in scoring, and 28th in yardage, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It would be interesting if both and Gruden became available...I would take either over Marvin returning or Hue taking over.

To be honest though, if Marvin does quit or get canned (both very unlikely IMO) I would love to see them avoid Marvin-era coaches altogether and hire someone that would bring in a level of excitement and a reason for renewed optimism. My list would be:

Matt Campbell
   Dave Toub
   Eric Bieniemy
   Pete Carmichael 
   Matt LaFleur
   Vic Fangio
   Dan Campbell
   James Bettcher

If I were the owner, I would be interested in all of these guys for different reasons. They all bring different experiences, skills, styles, approaches and levels of success. Most importantly, none of them are Marvin Lewis or Hue Jackson.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 04:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It would be interesting if both and Gruden became available...I would take either over Marvin returning or Hue taking over.

To be honest though, if Marvin does quit or get canned (both very unlikely IMO) I would love to see them avoid Marvin-era coaches altogether and hire someone that would bring in a level of excitement and a reason for renewed optimism. My list would be:

Matt Campbell
   Dave Toub
   Eric Bieniemy
   Pete Carmichael 
   Matt LaFleur
   Vic Fangio
   Dan Campbell
   James Bettcher

If I were the owner, I would be interested in all of these guys for different reasons. They all bring different experiences, skills, styles, approaches and levels of success. Most importantly, none of them are Marvin Lewis or Hue Jackson.  Whatever

It's pretty sad, that as fans, our hopes and expectations have been reduced to "please don't let it be the same guy, or his buddy".  I think that you have put together a realistic looking list of potential candidates, I wonder how it compares to the front office's wish list?  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's pretty sad, that as fans, our hopes and expectations have been reduced to "please don't let it be the same guy, or his buddy".  I think that you have put together a realistic looking list of potential candidates, I wonder how it compares to the front office's wish list?  

Marvin Lewis
Hue Jackson

Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Marvin Lewis
Hue Jackson

Mellow

Exactly, and that is why so many of us "old timers" squawk so loudly about it being time for Mike Brown to retire.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote