Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I really despise Travis Kelce
(01-30-2023, 09:22 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I've hated Kelce ever since THIS moment.  Glad he lost that day and had the smirk wiped off his face.

[Image: nuB0ZPj.gif]

Why would a former UC player paying homage to his school, while playing in Cincinnati, upset you? 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 11:47 AM)TheFan Wrote: Why would a former UC player paying homage to his school, while playing in Cincinnati, upset you? 

The things you request explanations for are either obtuse or just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.  

Let me help one more time.

Kelce once played for UC.  Like 12 years ago.  

The clip took place in 2022.  Kelce, by virtue of the NFL draft and KC selecting him, was no longer playing football for UC at this point.  

In fact, he was playing for the Chiefs.  On this particular day, the Chiefs were playing the Bengals in Cincinnati.

Now, here's a key point:  The OP is a fan of the Bengals.  Fans of specific teams have a desire to see said team win games.

Sub key point: As a fan of the Bengals, he wished for them to defeat the Chiefs on this day.  

Now, as we can all see, Kelce scored a touchdown in this clip.  When a receiver catches a football and crosses the plane into the end zone, the team they play for is awarded 6 points.  This is what is taking place here.  

Now, the goal of both teams in a football game is simple.  They are trying to score the most points by the end or regulation while preventing the other team from scoring a greater amount.  

Starting to make sense now?

Just to hit all of the details: Kelce scoring this touchdown and thus being awarded 6 points by definition makes the OP's desired objective (seeing the Bengals win this game) inherently more unlikely to be reached.  At this point, the Bengals need to score to catch up, then score again to gain a lead before regulation ends.  If they don't, they will lose the game.

In summation: Kelce not only did something making the OP's desired outcome less probable.  He also proceeded to celebrate this event emphatically, further irritating the OP.  

Reflection point: Often times, fans of professional football teams also enjoy watching collegiate football games.  They might even be fans of local college teams or maybe even teams that represent schools they may have attended at one point.  Good players from these college teams often are selected in the draft and thusly have an opportunity to have careers in the NFL.  These careers, oftentimes, take place in cities that are not the same as the ones in which they attended college.  

While fans of college teams may follow and enjoy watching said players from their college teams achieve success at the professional level, this success will occasionally come into conflict with the fortunes of the professional teams they support.  

When a college player leaves school to become a professional, any points they score are awarded to their CURRENT organization.  Now, perhaps you think that the points awarded to Travis on this play might be awarded to the Bearcats.  Unfortunately this is just not the case.  The University of Cincinnati was not awarded 6 here.  Maybe one could conclude that Kelce's score could be split evenly between Kansas City and the Bearcats.  3 points each.  Again, this is not the system either league has in place.  Fact is, the 2021 Bearcats received zero points from this.  Not a single one.  The Chiefs on the other hand, received 6.

I can break down further if this is not clear.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:25 PM)samhain Wrote: The things you request explanations for are either obtuse or just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.  

Let me help one more time.

Kelce once played for UC.  Like 12 years ago.  

The clip took place in 2022.  Kelce, by virtue of the NFL draft and KC selecting him, was no longer playing football for UC at this point.  

In fact, he was playing for the Chiefs.  On this particular day, the Chiefs were playing the Bengals in Cincinnati.

Now, here's a key point:  The OP is a fan of the Bengals.  Fans of specific teams have a desire to see said team win games.

Sub key point: As a fan of the Bengals, he wished for them to defeat the Chiefs on this day.  

Now, as we can all see, Kelce scored a touchdown in this clip.  When a receiver catches a football and crosses the plane into the end zone, the team they play for is awarded 6 points.  This is what is taking place here.  

Now, the goal of both teams in a football game is simple.  They are trying to score the most points by the end or regulation while preventing the other team from scoring a greater amount.  

Starting to make sense now?

Just to hit all of the details: Kelce scoring this touchdown and thus being awarded 6 points by definition makes the OP's desired objective (seeing the Bengals win this game) inherently more unlikely to be reached.  At this point, the Bengals need to score to catch up, then score again to gain a lead before regulation ends.  If they don't, they will lose the game.

In summation: Kelce not only did something making the OP's desired outcome less probable.  He also proceeded to celebrate this event emphatically, further irritating the OP.  

Reflection point: Often times, fans of professional football teams also enjoy watching collegiate football games.  They might even be fans of local college teams or maybe even teams that represent schools they may have attended at one point.  Good players from these college teams often are selected in the draft and thusly have an opportunity to have careers in the NFL.  These careers, oftentimes, take place in cities that are not the same as the ones in which they attended college.  

While fans of college teams may follow and enjoy watching said players from their college teams achieve success at the professional level, this success will occasionally come into conflict with the fortunes of the professional teams they support.  

When a college player leaves school to become a professional, any points they score are awarded to their CURRENT organization.  Now, perhaps you think that the points awarded to Travis on this play might be awarded to the Bearcats.  Unfortunately this is just not the case.  The University of Cincinnati was not awarded 6 here.  Maybe one could conclude that Kelce's score could be split evenly between Kansas City and the Bearcats.  3 points each.  Again, this is not the system either league has in place.  Fact is, the 2021 Bearcats received zero points from this.  Not a single one.  The Chiefs on the other hand, received 6.

I can break down further if this is not clear.

im not sure  who wasted more time here,, you typing this out or me reading it...  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:00 PM)FRANCH15E Wrote: After all the trash talk from your team/fans/mayor… this is what you’ve got? Any idea what Burrows record vs the Browns is? Do you consider the Browns an elite team? You’re just butthurt. You’ll get over it! Next season is right around the corner. And guess who’s coming back to LombardiHead??

For the next 2 years. After that, 2 straight years of AFCW TBD. If you add in playoffs, Cin vs KC could be happeneing a LOT over the next 4 years. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Anyone that hates Kelce needs to watch his most recent podcast. He spoke about nothing but respect. After the game was just an emotion dump from all the talk that went on the week prior. Any Bengals player not named Joe Burrow would have done the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot and Bengals fans would have eaten it up.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 04:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For the next 2 years. After that, 2 straight years of AFCW TBD. If you add in playoffs, Cin vs KC could be happeneing a LOT over the next 4 years. 

I mean, as a season ticket holder I want as many impact games at Paycor as possible.  

Even so, has Arrowhead really lived up to it's reputation as a fearsome place for the Bengals to travel to?  This team is 1-1 there.  The loss was far from a blowout.  

I get that the crowd makes noise, but it all seems a bit overblown.  KC, on the other hand hasn't won at Paycor or Riverfront for that matter since the Reagan administration.  

it's not just the Burrow-led Bengals that beat them there.  It's the Marvin era, the abysmal lost decade, and a good chunk of the 80's as well.  

KC of all fanbases looks pretty moronic acting like Arrowhead is some terrifying place for the Bengals to play.  If anything, they should be relieved that they get to avoid Paycor for a bit.  

The Bengals lost that game because of shitty line play and injuries.  Had zero to do with big, bad Arrowhead.  
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 04:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I mean, as a season ticket holder I want as many impact games at Paycor as possible.  

Even so, has Arrowhead really lived up to it's reputation as a fearsome place for the Bengals to travel to?  This team is 1-1 there.  The loss was far from a blowout.  

I get that the crowd makes noise, but it all seems a bit overblown.  KC, on the other hand hasn't won at Paycor or Riverfront for that matter since the Reagan administration.  

it's not just the Burrow-led Bengals that beat them there.  It's the Marvin era, the abysmal lost decade, and a good chunk of the 80's as well.  

KC of all fanbases looks pretty moronic acting like Arrowhead is some terrifying place for the Bengals to play.  If anything, they should be relieved that they get to avoid Paycor for a bit.  

The Bengals lost that game because of shitty line play and injuries.  Had zero to do with big, bad Arrowhead.  

Yep. The Bengals have a long history of winning against KC and going forward, they have the ability to continue that. 

KC will always be a tough game because of Mahomes. If a decade from now we can look back at this and it goes down in NFL history similar to some of the great rivalries and each team has multiple rings, i'll be quite happy. 

For the rest of the NFL, Arrowhead is a hard place to win. Playing KC anywhere is difficult for everyone in the NFL. The Bengals just seem to match up with them the best and aren't afraid to play them anywhere.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 04:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. The Bengals have a long history of winning against KC and going forward, they have the ability to continue that. 

KC will always be a tough game because of Mahomes. If a decade from now we can look back at this and it goes down in NFL history similar to some of the great rivalries and each team has multiple rings, i'll be quite happy. 

For the rest of the NFL, Arrowhead is a hard place to win. Playing KC anywhere is difficult for everyone in the NFL. The Bengals just seem to match up with them the best and aren't afraid to play them anywhere.

Yeah, the long term picture will be interesting.  Manning/Brady in the early oughts is a good example.  Peyton was long considered the better quarterback, even when TB12 was winning Super Bowls early.  People thought Brady was being carried by his defense, run game, and coach/organization and that Peyton lacked the defense to get him over the line.  

Almost 2 decades later, nobody in their right mind would make that argument and Brady is more or less the undisputed best player to ever put on a uniform.  

Mahomes is an unreal player.  He has one thing that Burrow does not, that being a title.  that said, he's missed on a lot of opportunities despite winning a ton of games and appearing in every AFC title game since he came into the league.  That's gotta make a Chiefs fan nervous.  You only get so many chances.

Also, Pat's skill set differ's from Joe's quite a bit.  He's got an insane arm and damn near unrivaled escapability.  He avoids and maneuvers until someone gets open, and in time someone will always get open if he can extend the play long enough.  Burrow diagnoses and manipulates coverages.  He processes quick because he has to.  His physical attributes are very good, but not quite elite.  He doesn't need 5 seconds to find an open guy, because he throws them open.  

One of those skill sets will deteriorate in time.  The other will not.  A Chiefs offense dependent on Mahomes has an expiration date that will likely come much sooner than a Burrow-led group.  As Brady showed, reading defenses at an elite level will carry a quarterback well past his physical prime.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 04:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anyone that hates Kelce needs to watch his most recent podcast. He spoke about nothing but respect. After the game was just an emotion dump from all the talk that went on the week prior. Any Bengals player not named Joe Burrow would have done the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot and Bengals fans would have eaten it up.

Yup.

People don't get mad at certain guys on this team who talk trash, hell I think there was even a thread about liking the trash talk but when the team loses and the other team talks trash all the sudden it's an issue. I remember people "loving it" when Chase taunted the Chiefs secondary and got a 15 yard penalty for it.

Double standard is just dumb. Kelce is an amazing player and he talked after winning a game to go to the Super Bowl and took a shot at the mayor who most on here wished hadn't said what he did.

Not mad at him. If you want to talk, you have to back it up or be prepared to get called out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 04:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Anyone that hates Kelce needs to watch his most recent podcast. He spoke about nothing but respect. After the game was just an emotion dump from all the talk that went on the week prior. Any Bengals player not named Joe Burrow would have done the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot and Bengals fans would have eaten it up.

At the event, I didn’t catch that his comment was directed at the mayor and didn’t really care for it. When I saw the replay and realized it was directed at idiot mayor, I thought it was pretty funny.

TBS I’m not a big fan of trash talk before and after a game too much. During a game I love it.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
If you want to be upset with someone it should be with the players, media, and mayor who talked shit before the game.

That doesnt happen and Kelce has no reason to talk shit after the game. I'm sorry, but just can't relate to the Kelce hate. Talk shit...get hit.

And someone is really complaining about him doing the UC chant after he scored a TD? Dude, he went there and was back home playing - he was paying homage not talking shit. He wears UC gear in like literally every interview he does. Jeesh.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't care if he was a Bearcat or not. The fact he was makes it all the worse. Last game he was taking shots at Cincinnati Chili, and last night with his "Know your role and shut your mouth" bs. Dude, you're 1-4, a 25% win percentage and you're gonna run your mouth and talk trash after a win. My feelings towards him are quickly reaching Rapistberger levels.

God I wish he’d shut the **** up. Especially since they got handed 2 wins in a row by the refs.
Reply/Quote
Brittany wants an apology.

Brittany Mahomes
@BrittanyLynne
I think a lot of people need to apologize for what they said about this team at the beginning of this season
Feb. 14

(FYI: Chiefs actually had the third best odds of winning a Super Bowl at the beginning of the season, while Bengals were variously 10th and 11th, but KC felt disrespected.)
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 02:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You guys are way too serious about this stuff. Chiefs had to hear it all week. Bengals couldn't back up their talk and, guess what, now the Chiefs get to talk.

Did the Chiefs talk junk at the Jags after their win? NO. Why? Because the Jags didn't call their stadium Trevorhead. Because Jax mayor didn't proclaim their QB Mahomes' father.

Have fun w this stuff and move on. Turn about is fair play. Here's the reality of it... Bengals played their worst game since Halloween night and it took an UNBELIEVEABLE string of missed calls and terrible officiating for them to lose an incredibly close game on the road. Bengals need to get better, period. Let's enjoy the offseason and move on!

Kelce can talk because he deserves to do so. Period. Point blank. Kelce is talking because the Bengals started talking first. Truth is that wither team was goingnto get HAMMERED by the Eagles. Bengals dinged up O line wasn't going to be able to handle that front. Bengals need to fix their trenches. It's a process that I'm going to enjoy watching happen!

I agreed with everything you said here at the time except the Eagles hammering whoever they played in the AFC and we saw 
how that played out. Agree though, Kelce deserved his moment and so did the Chiefs, good for them beating us and the Eagles.

Said before the SB that the Chiefs would win because they had the better QB and were more tested cause they played us....
Reply/Quote
I would love to have him on Bengals... enough said..
Reply/Quote
[Image: 091c7d34-8364-4200-aea0-dc545c367d57_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't mind him talking shit to the Bengals and Cincinnati's Mayor because when they talk THAT MUCH shit and don't win, you gotta just be prepared for it to come back at you. That's just fair game.

Now this whole narrative the Chiefs are suddenly pushing that they were told they were in a rebuilding year, wouldn't make the playoffs, and had no chance, on the other hand is just outright idiotic. O/U of 10.5 (3rd highest) and 3rd best odds to win the SB heading into the season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(02-16-2023, 10:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't mind him talking shit to the Bengals and Cincinnati's Mayor because when they talk THAT MUCH shit and don't win, you gotta just be prepared for it to come back at you. That's just fair gaem.

Now this whole narrative the Chiefs are suddenly pushing that they were told they were in a rebuilding year, wouldn't make the playoffs, and had no chance, on the other hand is just outright idiotic. O/U of 10.5 (3rd highest) and 3rd best odds to win the SB heading into the season.

Excellent take on both subjects.

For an amateur.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 04:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would love to have him on Bengals... enough said..

I dont think Kelce would have near the stats on the Bengals as he does with KC.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 11:47 AM)TheFan Wrote: Why would a former UC player paying homage to his school, while playing in Cincinnati, upset you? 

I thought he was doing some Saturday Night Fever, stuff.

[Image: speedball-saturday-night-fever.gif]
Reply/Quote