Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think...
i'm just gonna sit here for a minute and talk to myself about how i need to stop living in the past about how shitty this team has been over the last 5 years (after hyping me up and going one and done for 5 years) and realize that 2 seasons ago, Taylor...and let me take a break here to emphasize that i'm not giving him or anyone props right now...took over an old, shitty Marv team and won 2 stinkin games. Then he got a shiny new QB and picked up some more guys to replace the old Marv guys and won 4 games, before turning over the roster even more this year, going from one of the oldest teams to one of the youngest, to the present 7 win team that is still in the playoff hunt after 12 games. I need to find a way to be more patient and less angry when they **** it up again and start to enjoy the ride with this young, growing team. 

While i'm doing that, you guys can talk about whatever you want here. I don't give a shit, i'm gonna be busy.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Busy with what? I read your whole paragraph and I deserve at least that information.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Busy with what? I read your whole paragraph and I deserve at least that information.

[Image: caddyshack-judge.gif]

Reply/Quote
It's always next year with this team... Aren't we used to it by now? I remember when Marv went 8-8 in 03, his first year. People were calling him black Jesus just thinking of all the success he was gonna have.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: i'm just gonna sit here for a minute and talk to myself about how i need to stop living in the past about how shitty this team has been over the last 5 years (after hyping me up and going one and done for 5 years) and realize that 2 seasons ago, Taylor...and let me take a break here to emphasize that i'm not giving him or anyone props right now...took over an old, shitty Marv team and won 2 stinkin games. Then he got a shiny new QB and picked up some more guys to replace the old Marv guys and won 4 games, before turning over the roster even more this year, going from one of the oldest teams to one of the youngest, to the present 7 win team that is still in the playoff hunt after 12 games. I need to find a way to be more patient and less angry when they **** it up again and start to enjoy the ride with this young, growing team. 

While i'm doing that, you guys can talk about whatever you want here. I don't give a shit, i'm gonna be busy.

(12-05-2021, 11:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Busy with what? I read your whole paragraph and I deserve at least that information.

That.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bengals last 2 weeks:

[Image: gymnastics-flip.gif]

Bengals this week:

[Image: funny-gifs-flip-fail.gif]

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: i'm just gonna sit here for a minute and talk to myself about how i need to stop living in the past about how shitty this team has been over the last 5 years (after hyping me up and going one and done for 5 years) and realize that 2 seasons ago, Taylor...and let me take a break here to emphasize that i'm not giving him or anyone props right now...took over an old, shitty Marv team and won 2 stinkin games. Then he got a shiny new QB and picked up some more guys to replace the old Marv guys and won 4 games, before turning over the roster even more this year, going from one of the oldest teams to one of the youngest, to the present 7 win team that is still in the playoff hunt after 12 games. I need to find a way to be more patient and less angry when they **** it up again and start to enjoy the ride with this young, growing team. 

Thanks for taking the lead. Now if everyone else could follow that’d be great!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals last 2 weeks:

[Image: gymnastics-flip.gif]

Bengals this week:

[Image: funny-gifs-flip-fail.gif]

Ninja

Yo, I giggled at this for way too long.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
See my signature.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:05 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Yo, I giggled at this for way too long.

Yeah. I can't stop watching it and laughing and the wife just asked me what i was looking at that was so funny. 

Reply/Quote

Get your zen on brother !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think........

i'll just stay here and drink

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We played a crappy game. Doesn’t mean Zac needs fired. The whole team sucked with incomplete passes, fumbles, etc. Although the defense tried to keep us in it, they also killed us by giving up the huge plays. So now we’re 7-5 and still 1 game out of taking over the division lead. The media believes more in this team than some fans do. That’s weird.

Reply/Quote

That's fair. I just think 5-2 start, all the national talk about Bengals and Burrow/Chase raised expectations through the roof. I think a lot of us said at the start of the year that Zac needs a winning season or playoffs to rightfully keep his job though.

I'll stick to that and TRY to keep an open mind about how this wacky season will end. At this point, nothing would surprise me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's fair. I just think 5-2 start, all the national talk about Bengals and Burrow/Chase raised expectations through the roof. I think a lot of us said at the start of the year that Zac needs a winning season or playoffs to rightfully keep his job though.

I'll stick to that and TRY to keep an open mind about how this wacky season will end. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

5-2 def changed expectations. With how wacky the league is this year, Chiefs win tonight and Bills win tomorrow night, the Bengals are tied for the 2nd most wins in the conference. That seems almost insane to think that they're || <--- that close to being the #1 seed after "all that's happened" this year. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's fair. I just think 5-2 start, all the national talk about Bengals and Burrow/Chase raised expectations through the roof. I think a lot of us said at the start of the year that Zac needs a winning season or playoffs to rightfully keep his job though.

It seems like most of the AFC contenders are playing hot potato with the playoff spots.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 5-2 def changed expectations. With how wacky the league is this year, Chiefs win tonight and Bills win tomorrow night, the Bengals are tied for the 2nd most wins in the conference. That seems almost insane to think that they're || <--- that close to being the #1 seed after "all that's happened" this year. 

Wowzers. I thought we were fighting for our playoff lives, and I guess we are, but we're also not far from the top. Amazing.

(12-06-2021, 01:01 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It seems like most of the AFC contenders are playing hot potato with the playoff spots.  Mellow

Nobody wants it, so we may as well take it, right?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We invest immense emotion in this thing (which is probably foolish by default, and not just for Bengals fans), and I think it gives us a sense of entitlement about what is supposed to happen, what we "deserve", and most importantly -- how unique our experience is with our own team.

The truth is... we're experiencing a pretty typical NFL plot arc right now. This is just what professional football is like. We obviously do have the playoff win drought that will continue to serve as confirmatory evidence to anyone who wants such evidence that our experience is different, but I don't think that actually means anything. Fans who've seen one or two playoff wins in the same time frame probably feel about the same -- shitty more than they'd like.

The Bengals are 7-5. They have a quarterback that I think most of us trust even if he has his warts. The team is generally a fun one and is filled with a great deal of high-character individuals who seem to genuinely deserve our support. They're going to screw the pooch sometimes, because unless you're the absolute cream of the crop that's just what football teams do... even the ones that aren't the subject of our endless affection and disappointment.

This isn't meant as a counter to rfaulk's original post. It might even be born of some of the same philosophy. I am talking to myself too. There's value in this. It's a lot better than starting 12 new threads about everything that makes us mad.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:40 PM)Tony Wrote: It's always next year with this team... Aren't we used to it by now? I remember when Marv went 8-8 in 03, his first year. People were calling him black Jesus just thinking of all the success he was gonna have.

It's always next year to 31 other teams.  
Reply/Quote

You need to drop by sometime old buddy.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote