Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line?
(11-06-2023, 04:06 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: OL balled out the last 2 weeks vs 2 really good DLs.  Gonna need them to keep it rolling!

Yep, San Fran and Buffalo are really good. 

(11-06-2023, 11:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: During the game last night CC commented on how the Bills rush "found a hole" in our oline. I won't say where.

I thought Cappa (not the hole) had one of his poorest games.

I'm at the point now where I'd pay Jonah top RT $$

Zeus has been one of the better FA signings in team history

A Volson slight I see lol

Ed Oliver AKA the Riddler is pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ...I'm at the point now where I'd pay Jonah top RT $$...

Jonah has looked good at RT, even better than he did at LT.  I just dont see Jonah staying with the Bengals.  I think he probably still wants to play LT in the NFL and I would bet some team out there offers him a spot at LT next year.  Even if he were to stay at RT, he is going to have multiple teams interested.  He is going to get paid well next year and Im not sure the Bengals will want to spend that much money.  You also have to consider he was very unhappy with the way he perceived Bengals management treatment of him with the move to RT.  I would be very surprised if he was on the Bengals roster next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 04:14 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Jonah has looked good at RT, even better than he did at LT.  I just dont see Jonah staying with the Bengals.  I think he probably still wants to play LT in the NFL and I would bet some team out there offers him a spot at LT next year.  Even if he were to stay at RT, he is going to have multiple teams interested.  He is going to get paid well next year and Im not sure the Bengals will want to spend that much money.  You also have to consider he was very unhappy with the way he perceived Bengals management treatment of him with the move to RT.  I would be very surprised if he was on the Bengals roster next year.

I've mentioned before that the Bengals should use the Transition Tag on Jonah. If a team wants to pay him elite LT money then let him walk; if not we can either work out a long-term on keep him for 1 more year at around $20 Mil. While pricey for a RT, JB's worth it. I do believe this is what KC is paying their RT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've mentioned before that the Bengals should use the Transition Tag on Jonah. If a team wants to pay him elite LT money then let him walk; if not we can either work out a long-term on keep him for 1 more year at around $20 Mil. While pricey for a RT, JB's worth it. I do believe this is what KC is paying their RT

I agree. He has earned an extension so far and has been a hell of a piece of our line.

The problem comes in, as you said, when you consider the fact that he'll want big money.

Hopefully, we can offer him a long term deal with a lot of guaranteed because some team will throw a lot of money at him, but let's hope he likes the security and the guaranteed money we offer will be more than another team that offers him.
Reply/Quote