Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-21-2023, 04:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Right now they aren’t favored in 1 game by Vegas and they can’t go .500 unless they tie. But what you really mean is if they go .500 you’ll give it up to Zac until next year when he loses a game.

We'll call 3 games .500 close enough for me. So if they win 3 games I'll never question Zac again. We'll call 2 games a wash and if they win 1 or fewer you admit Zac is a big part of the problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: im thinking a good finish if we can stay healthy is 3-4, i felt with Burrow our best would have been 5-2.

Honestly a healthy Burrow and we get Higgins back I wouldn't have been surprised if we won out even if we went on to lose to Baltimore. But with out Burrow my prediction is 0 maybe we sneak 1 but I really doubt it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:38 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Honestly a healthy Burrow and we get Higgins back I wouldn't have been surprised if we won out even if we went on to lose to Baltimore. But with out Burrow my prediction is 0 maybe we sneak 1 but I really doubt it. 

Not at the level of play this year from both sides of the ball and I felt we had the toughest end of year schedule, 5-2 would have been a solid finish...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: So if they beat Pittsburg they should go 5-2 minimum. LMAO They may have gone 5-2 with the whole team healthy throughout … too damn funny. I’ll play… I’m predicting 17-0 next year.

I am curious. I'm sure you said it already. But what record in the remaining 7 games tells you we have a competent offensive coaches?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t follow. But I’ll try. Hot take … Taylor/Burrow 3-1 vs Reid/Mahomes

Can we trade the 3-1 for the 1-3 and get the Superbowls and the wins?  lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: im thinking a good finish if we can stay healthy is 3-4, i felt with Burrow our best would have been 5-2.

So you think what would be a good finish is winning 3 games we are favored to lose?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t follow. But I’ll try. Hot take … Taylor/Burrow 3-1 vs Reid/Mahomes

This is what Browns fans say to us when they beat our SB and AFFCG teams......  KC has 5 straight home field AFCCGs, 3 SB appearances and 2 rings. Let's not act like the Browns fans.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not at the level of play this year from both sides of the ball and I felt we had the toughest end of year schedule, 5-2 would have been a solid finish...

Not saying it wouldn't. All looked winnable with KC and the Browns as question marks. But if we could've beat KC we get the Browns at home to end.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I am curious. I'm sure you said it already. But what record in the remaining 7 games tells you we have a competent offensive coaches?

I already believe besides Pollack our coaches have performed get higgins back i would be fine with 2 to 3 wins with the schedule and you?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I already believe besides Pollack our coaches have performed get higgins back i would be fine with 2 to 3 wins with the schedule and you?

I said 3 wins and I would be very impressed. But if they have 0-1 wins I'll be wanting changes. Even more if we go winless while having Browning throw it 30+ times a game while we run it 15 times.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:15 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I said 3 wins and I would be very impressed. But if they have 0-1 wins I'll be wanting changes. Even more if we go winless while having Browning throw it 30+ times a game while we run it 15 times.

0-1 wins what changes?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I already believe besides Pollack our coaches have performed get higgins back i would be fine with 2 to 3 wins with the schedule and you?

2-3 wins would be great and Vegas will take a horrendous bath

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 0-1 wins what changes?

I would want an OC to take playcalling over from Zac. I just think we need a fresh breath of air. Someone who can get us to more of a balanced attack. Then hopefully improve our situational football and maybe scheme guys open a bit better.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It depends on this upcoming game.

If Pissburgh wins?  One or two.

If Cincinnati wins?  Four or five.

It does depend on this upcoming game. If we win it we will have the confidence even with a backup QB we can beat a good team.

The stealers have a very good Defense and some good weapons on Offense even if Pickett isn't very good. Warren, Pickens, Dionte 
Johnson are all really good.

(11-21-2023, 04:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: im thinking a good finish if we can stay healthy is 3-4, i felt with Burrow our best would have been 5-2.

The only reason I wouldn't of picked us to win out with Burrow was us being in the Shotgun and using empty sets entirely too much.

We actually might go under the Center much more with Browning which could actually help this Offense to be more balanced. 

We will see.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how you 'expose' someone for something literally everyone already knows.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I would want an OC to take playcalling over from Zac. I just think we need a fresh breath of air. Someone who can get us to more of a balanced attack. Then hopefully improve our situational football and maybe scheme guys open a bit better.

W/o being in their shoes and this OL and coach hard to know all the facts. Andy Reid engineered zero TD’s vs Denver this year. Zac engineered 31 points on SF nobody has come close to that and he got 24 on the Bills and only teo teams got more

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I already believe besides Pollack our coaches have performed get higgins back i would be fine with 2 to 3 wins with the schedule and you?

No they haven’t. The defense has been terrible, particularly the DL. Hobby hasn’t developed a single one of the pass rushers (Murphy - 1st round, Ossai - 3rd round, Carter - 3rd round). Cam Sample is probably the best of the bunch, and he’s the definition of JAG.

And the run defense is even worse.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:15 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I said 3 wins and I would be very impressed. But if they have 0-1 wins I'll be wanting changes. Even more if we go winless while having Browning throw it 30+ times a game while we run it 15 times.

I can see that along as we are not depleted with injuries 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I would want an OC to take playcalling over from Zac. I just think we need a fresh breath of air. Someone who can get us to more of a balanced attack. Then hopefully improve our situational football and maybe scheme guys open a bit better.

The lack of running game is horribly frustrating and negative to the success of the offense. Clearly Zac and Brian have no confidence and need help in run scheme. And they aren’t getting it. But looking at the total picture

What big games has the offense failed them? In the last 2 years?

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 09:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The lack of running game is horribly frustrating and negative to the success of the offense. Clearly Zac and Brian have no confidence and need help in run scheme. And they aren’t getting it. But looking at the total picture

What big games has the offense failed them? In the last 2 years?

The Super Bowl? Last year’s AFC Championship?

Reply/Quote