Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Lewis got full control would you be happy ?
Look, I know we all want him gone but if he managed to get full control in every decision to return, would you want him back then? I can’t say I wouldn’t hate it. Regardless of what happens I’m grateful for what he’s done for this franchise
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I would not mind if he got to decide who to hire or fire in fact I think that would be the best for all involved. However I think that is a lot to put on one person's plate if he does get more control I would still prefer another person to be head coach. Someone like Matt Burke or Geoff Schawrtz would be on the top of my list.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:51 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would not mind if he got to decide who to hire or fire in fact I think that would be the best for all involved. However I think that is a lot to put on one person's plate if he does get more control I would still prefer another person to be head coach. Someone like Matt Burke or Geoff Schawrtz would be on the top of my list.

I wouldn’t mind Lewis as our GM. I’m not gonna lie I’m gonna miss him if he does leave, hate to say it but it will feel weird. What would be awesome is if we promote Lewis to GM and hire Del Rio as HC
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I'd give it a chance. I'm gonna say I am going to evaluate things by the results that are obtained. And I do think losing Whit and drafting Ross instead of someone else were not Lewis's fault.

All that said, Lewis has looked tired in recent years. And even though the conservative style of play won the game for us today, it was still painful watching us fail to do anything for most of the second half.

Really, I still would prefer Lewis gets full control as GM and then we get a younger coach with more energy.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be fine with him at GM but it's time for him to move on from HC.
Reply/Quote
No.

He still sat Westerman and Redmond all season until injuries forced his hand.

Same with Dennard and Jackson at CB.

At least Lawson literally forced his way onto the field by performing so insanely well in the extremely limited snaps he was given early in the year.

I'm sick and tired of veterans trumping younger, more talented players and I'm sick of this mentality that once you get a starting job you basically can't lose it. That's the only reason Bodine is still the starter at center. I guarantee you Westerman would make a better center for us.

That's a loser's and an idiot's mentality and that has nothing to do with Mike Brown.

Lewis is a bad coach who can't put the best players on the field in a position to succeed. He needs to go.

Lewis being gone will allow a new person to come in and see this roster with fresh eyes rather than the biases that come along with drafting and "developing" the players the way Lewis saw fit.
Reply/Quote
The only guy i have faith in is Duke Tobin. Let him run things. Time for Marvin to move on; if he wants to be some type of advisor that's fine but full control, hekk no!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Look, I know we all want him gone but if he managed to get full control in every decision to return, would you want him back then? I can’t say I wouldn’t hate it. Regardless of what happens I’m grateful for what he’s done for this franchise

At the end of the day he’s still a terrible in game coach. He needs to go. And honestly after how he’s handled who plays/sits the last year or two I’m not even sure I’d want him in the FO anymore.

Reply/Quote
Marvin says it's complicated.

I think he'd be happy to coach here unless he got to become GM and got to choose the next HC.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hell no.

He wasn't good enough to do the job as coach why would he deserve a promotion?
Reply/Quote
I say no. I'm ready for someone new. Lots to like about ML, but also a lot of legit flaws as mentioned in this thread and others. I'm ready for a fresh start.

What I would really like to see is the FO come out and they have a new dedication to winning and winning Superbowls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:54 AM)Trademark Wrote: I wouldn’t mind Lewis as our GM. I’m not gonna lie I’m gonna miss him if he does leave, hate to say it but it will feel weird. What would be awesome is if we promote Lewis to GM and hire Del Rio as HC

When I saw JDR was fired the first thing that came to mind was, damn he may be a bengal.
Reply/Quote
Who says he didn't have full control all this time?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No.

At least Lawson literally forced his way onto the field by performing so insanely well in the extremely limited snaps he was given early in the year.

I'm sick and tired of veterans trumping younger, more talented players and I'm sick of this mentality that once you get a starting job you basically can't lose it. That's the only reason Bodine is still the starter at center. I guarantee you Westerman would make a better center for us.

That's a loser's and an idiot's mentality and that has nothing to do with Mike Brown.

Lewis is a bad coach who can't put the best players on the field in a position to succeed. He needs to go.

Lewis being gone will allow a new person to come in and see this roster with fresh eyes rather than the biases that come along with drafting and "developing" the players the way Lewis saw fit.

This.

I will be furious if he's brought back. Even if he's given "full control" (there is no full control with this family). Some people really seem to underestimate what a piss-poor coach Marvin is on gameday and blissful-ignorantly chalk it up to Mike brown. That is simply not the case. Bad coaching and gameplanning kill this team, especially when it counts. 

We got insanely lucky to win last night after yet another patented second half Marvin Lewis collapse. 

To quote my sisters take on the situation, "He needs to go, like, yesterday." 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 09:33 AM)ah5 Wrote: When I saw JDR was fired the first thing that came to mind was, damn he may be a bengal.

I'm hoping and praying this happens
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Look, I know we all want him gone but if he managed to get full control in every decision to return, would you want him back then? I can’t say I wouldn’t hate it. Regardless of what happens I’m grateful for what he’s done for this franchise

I would not like it simply for 2 reasons:

1. His game managemment

2. His coddling of certain players

From a purely coaching standpoint ML has shown he cannot get the Bengals to the next level. On top of that, there is now the mental block with him, and with the players while he is at the helm, of winning a playoff game. I fully expect the Bengals to be back in the playoffs sooner rather than later, and I would like to see them there with someone else orchestrating from the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:54 AM)Trademark Wrote: I wouldn’t mind Lewis as our GM. I’m not gonna lie I’m gonna miss him if he does leave, hate to say it but it will feel weird. What would be awesome is if we promote Lewis to GM and hire Del Rio as HC

[Image: Mediocrity-Setting-the-Bar-Low.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Don't do it....Don't look at today's final result and think:  "He's actually pretty good".  They blew a 14 point lead.  They gave up another ridiculous TD with 10 seconds left in the half.  They sat talent that is clearly 1000 times better than the crap they were rolling out there.  He still has a feud with Ross.  He is way to conservative.  He doesn't know how to get a team up for a big game.  

I love him for what he did, but his time was over after the SD game.  Would love it if he moved to the front office, but he should no longer be our head coach. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No.

Forgot to mention the Dennard and Jackson behind Jones and Kirkpatrick decisions.  I have to give it up to Dre, though.  Mr. Inconsistency showed up big yesterday.  Worked his ass off and looked like he wanted to win more than any player on the field.

As far Lewis and the staff:  A perfect example of why this leadership needs to move on:  With a very depleted LB corps yesterday by the end of the game, the Ravens were running every play at the kid Bell from PSU.  He looked lost.  Instead of having our high-paid (and drafted) CBs play more man coverage, they kept the safeties back to "prevent a big play" and our LBs got shredded play after play.  Iloka should have been kept in to help.  Decisions like that are apparent to every pee-wee coach in the room, but not Lewis.  

If this game was on a bigger stage, and they needed to win, they likely wouldn't have got the holding call on Lafell and would have lost.  

Dying a slow death is still dying and I have seen it one too many times here.  Bring me attitude and aggression.  The players are ready for it.
Reply/Quote
I think one of those fancy poll questions threads should be:

Would you prefer:

A. Retain Marvin and fire all position coaches

B. Fire Marvin and retain all position coaches
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote