Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Lou Gets Hired As Head Coach What Are Your Thoughts On..
Flores to Vikings as DC.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 08:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Flores to Vikings as DC.

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 08:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Precisely.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 08:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Yeah as selfish as this sounds, Im pulling for Kafka. 

Lou and his defense pulled us through alot of wins this past season. If he leaves this team will be very different in 23-24
Reply/Quote
Zim's defense is different than what we run now. His teams also play stiff in the playoffs, just like Marvin.

I'm usually all for looking outside, but this is a case where it's probably best to just promote a guy who has been with us and gotten a real feel for how we do things. Someone who can keep the ball rolling.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
At one time I'd have jumped for joy to get Zim back. Now, I think going with one of Lou's guys, like Bettcher, is the best thing. That said, it has long been said around PBS that MB considers Zimmer "The one who got away" and I would not be surprised to see the Brown family giving him a call.
Reply/Quote
Anarumo had to go through 2 rough years to get the defense how he wanted it.
Bengals are in their Super Bowl window now and can't afford another revamp to a different style that the players might not fit.
So the Bengals need someone similar to Anarumo to keep the momentum going.
One thing about Anarumo though that I think will be hard to replicate is his ability to adjust the defense for the 2nd half.
It's honestly something that saved the Bengals in so many games.
Going to be real hard finding a good enough DC to do that (at least as well) if he leaves.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
losing Lou would be a bigger loss than any pending free agent we have.. Im hoping he stays for another year along with Bates who i think is the leader of the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 08:24 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yeah as selfish as this sounds, Im pulling for Kafka. 

Lou and his defense pulled us through alot of wins this past season. If he leaves this team will be very different in 23-24

Agreed.

I don't even think Arizona is the best fit for Lou. I understand it may be his only opportunity, but if patient, he may well get better opportunities next year. You know, after the Bengals win the Super Bowl.

I wish the Bengals would back up a Brink's truck for him. Between that and the way Arizona is treating this process, maybe he would decline Arizona. I think Flores probably got fed up with Arizona and this process.

Edit: And this Cardinals' site thinks the process could drag on past the Super Bowl because Arizona is also looking at Eagle's coaches.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/analysis/nfl-insider-discusses-why-arizona-cardinals-are-taking-so-long-with-head-coach-search
Reply/Quote
I’d rather just promote from within. Zim runs a man pressure D and we just don’t have the secondary or d line for that. Zim would also need a year or 2 to get the guys he likes and that just sounds horrific as after next year our huge cap hits start rolling in and it would just seem like a lot to handle
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 03:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: I don't even think Arizona is the best fit for Lou. I understand it may be his only opportunity, but if patient, he may well get better opportunities next year. You know, after the Bengals win the Super Bowl.

I think this is an important point but I can see it both ways. I've heard rumblings that the Colts job is there for Callahan if he wants it- but he's not sure about the fit. So it's not like these guys are all begging to jump ship and dreading another year as assistants. 

At the same time, Lou is older. This may be his last chance. He may not have the same luxury of passing up on offers. His future is now. I haven't spoken to the man lol but I assume the decision is more complicated for him.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 03:38 PM)tms Wrote: I think this is an important point but I can see it both ways. I've heard rumblings that the Colts job is there for Callahan if he wants it- but he's not sure about the fit. So it's not like these guys are all begging to jump ship and dreading another year as assistants. 

At the same time, Lou is older. This may be his last chance. He may not have the same luxury of passing up on offers. His future is now. I haven't spoken to the man lol but I assume the decision is more complicated for him.

I think they are going through the motions in Indy and will wind up just hiring Saturday. Irsay likes him. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 03:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think they are going through the motions in Indy and will wind up just hiring Saturday. Irsay likes him. 

Yeah, very well could be. 

I will say that I hope Lou strikes while the iron's hot. As fans, we are beyond fickle. The bandwagon is our primary mode of transportation. Two or three bad games in a row and he'll be in the doghouse again. Get your bag and worry about the rest later. You're not safe like this lol
Reply/Quote
Interesting turn Andy Reid told the media he has spoken to Cardinals owner Michael Bidwell and endorsed Mike Kafka.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 04:01 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah, very well could be. 

I will say that I hope Lou strikes while the iron's hot. As fans, we are beyond fickle. The bandwagon is our primary mode of transportation. Two or three bad games in a row and he'll be in the doghouse again. Get your bag and worry about the rest later. You're not safe like this lol

Took him 2 1/2 years to get out of the doghouse. I think he owns the house now.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 04:01 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah, very well could be. 

I agree with Sled21 I think Irsay kinda kicked the tires but he wants Saturday
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 05:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I agree with Sled21 I think Irsay kinda kicked the tires but he wants Saturday

Irsay is going through the motions because Jeff Saturday got the interim HC gig without ever going through the coaching ranks at any level. Several of the NFL radio guys were losing their shit over it and talking about how disrespectful it was to guys who put in their time. Irsay just wants cover.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 04:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: Took him 2 1/2 years to get out of the doghouse. I think he owns the house now.

When you are rebuilding you can't expect much in the beginning, Lou help build a solid defense, especially in the playoffs.. he rose above Zimmer when it counted that says something
Reply/Quote
Y'all crazy of course you hire Zimmer if you get the opportunity.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 05:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Irsay is going through the motions because Jeff Saturday got the interim HC gig without ever going through the coaching ranks at any level. Several of the NFL radio guys were losing their shit over it and talking about how disrespectful it was to guys who put in their time. Irsay just wants cover.

No doubt

Reply/Quote