Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Lou Gets Hired As Head Coach What Are Your Thoughts On..
(02-08-2023, 06:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Y'all crazy of course you hire Zimmer if you get the opportunity.

Bettcher would be better
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 03:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Agreed.

I don't even think Arizona is the best fit for Lou. I understand it may be his only opportunity, but if patient, he may well get better opportunities next year. You know, after the Bengals win the Super Bowl.

I wish the Bengals would back up a Brink's truck for him. Between that and the way Arizona is treating this process, maybe he would decline Arizona. I think Flores probably got fed up with Arizona and this process.

Edit: And this Cardinals' site thinks the process could drag on past the Super Bowl because Arizona is also looking at Eagle's coaches.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/analysis/nfl-insider-discusses-why-arizona-cardinals-are-taking-so-long-with-head-coach-search

I've seen some Arizona media say that the Cardinals are waiting for Steichen from Philly. He's the guy they want if he interviews well. Not sure how legit the news is, but I'm in favor of anything that lets us keep Lou.

It'd be nice if the team works on a succession plan similar to Callahan/Pitcher. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 07:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Bettcher would be better

MB may have already spoken with Bettcher even, like he did with Paulie G when Zimmer became the Minnesota HC. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
looks like AZ wont make a choice till after the SB....
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 12:53 AM)GodFather Wrote: We are all holding our breath this offseason to see if Lou gets a head coaching opportunity. He deserves it with what he has done here the past couple of years, and I will be happy for him but in all honesty selfishly hope he's back next season in stripes taking this defense forward.

BUT let's say he does get a head coaching job elsewhere, what are your feelings bringing back Zimmer? He is close with the Brown family, and the only two DC's we've had these past 20 years that made a huge impact was Lou and Zim.

So, would you want Mike Zimmer back or someone else?

If we lose Low,our D will suck.We are in the toughest division in all of NFL and we will not be able to compete without Lou.Pay the man more money.Money talks and the only reason he would leave is MONEY
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 07:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Bettcher would be better

How so?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 11:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks like AZ wont make a choice till after the SB....

That doesn't make sense unless they still want to speak with the Eagles OC. It they are really down to Lou and Kafka, they could make the decision now. Would just irritate candidates if they are strung along.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 05:13 PM)J24 Wrote: How so?

Nothing against Lou but I don't want to connect to our troubled playoff past and he might be past his prime 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 05:13 PM)J24 Wrote: How so?

He knows the players. He’s got several years of DC experience. He’s worked with the rest of the staff. He’s younger and will relate better to the players likely. Zimmer hasn’t been a DC in forever.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote