Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If This Organization Loses In The Playoffs
Tiger
What should be done?
Reply/Quote
Run it back... this is just the beginning.

If your talking about player moves then you throw money at the O-Line
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Go through the off season process and try again next year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Start identifying free agent targets and draft prep. '21 has been a good season. Head into '22 with optimism if no playoff win(s) or Super Bowl victory this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 09:54 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
What should be done?

We are playing with house money right now, nothing should be done, but hit FA hard and draft some stud olineman and dbs..
Reply/Quote
This team just feels special heading into the playoffs. So if we fail to win a playoff game it will be disappointing. But with a good free agency and draft we will be legitimate superbowl contenders next year. Even with the news of the defense during training camp and starting to think this team could do something this year I never thought I'd be thinking that about next season.
Reply/Quote
Can we at least play the damn game before the doom and gloom talk starts?

Reply/Quote
Depends on how they lose a little bit as well.
If they get smoked and embarrassed maybe you have a little more to look at then if they play a close game and lose.

Of course let's not worry about losing before the game has even started.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Tiger

Will that be enough for the fanbase having not won in 30 years in the postseason?
Reply/Quote
We fire Taylor, Cut Aquzie, Reader, Burrow, Chase, & Higgins; and start rebuilding, clearly.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:07 PM)Tony Wrote: We are playing with house money right now, nothing should be done, but hit FA hard and draft some stud olineman and dbs..

Tiger

If your here now then its time to win and go for a Super bowl. Why not us!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we at least play the damn game before the doom and gloom talk starts?

Tiger
Its not gloom and doom at all!
Why isnt it a real probability ?
Reply/Quote
Trade Burrow for the #1 pick in the draft.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:15 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Will that be enough for the fanbase having not won in 30 years in the postseason?

I'd be floored if we didn't win our 1st game and break the drought this year.  With that being said, I also feel like if we lose people won't panic because this is like the year 2005 and 2011 where we are very able to play the "Wait til' next year" card.  

Let me see if I can sum up how I think we handled each playoff loss

2005 - this was our year, what a fluke, what a dirty play, but on the plus side we are legit and will be around for years to come!
2009 - we waited 4 years for that?  This team is probably done.
2011 - we were supposed to go 0-16 so this sucks but we'll be good for years to come!
2012 - ok, well we will get them next year
2013 - ok, we should have won this one
2014 - we didn't have much of a chance to win this one, anyways
2015 - being a Bengals fan is hell on earth

So, I feel like this very moment is like a re-do of 2005 where things can and should go the way we thought they would go in that season and for years to come.
Reply/Quote
As much as I would love to see a SB run, I still think we are a year behind. Burrow should get com back player of the year with what he’s done behind this line. The most sacked QB in the league and still putting up crazy stats. Most deep completions, highest completion percentage and I’m sure I’m missing more. Imagine how good him and this team will be when he actually has more than 2 seconds to throw. I said it early in the season that I feel we have the start of something very special, dare I say dynasty. The playoffs/SB will be won in the trenches. It’s not just a coincidence most our losses came against great pass rushing teams. Loving this season and hope they can shock the world, but if not the AFC needs to look out for this team the next 8 years if we do things right in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
lol @ Nate. Good stuff

To the OP - I think we do what every other franchise does.

Address the weaknesses. In our case the OL.

Can anyone even imagine how much fun JB would be to watch not getting pancaked multiple times per game?
Reply/Quote
What should be done?

Ye shall be banished... That's what.

Organizations don't lose in the playoffs. Teams do. Lose when? The AFC championship? Super Bowl? First round?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Tiger

1. Run the football and stop the run (20+ Carries for Mixon 
2. No turnovers offensively and capitalize on turnovers defensively.
3. Use the tight end to move the chains! ( That wins you a game)
4. Jessie Bates and Sam Hubbard finally show up in a big way!!
5) Create stops on third down!!!!!!
6) Go Big or go home offensively early and often. Thats why your here!
7) Most importantly PROTECT BURROW!!#1
Reply/Quote
Stay the course

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
What should be done?

Is this a trick question?

Fix the line
Sign the guys you need to sign
Draft
Roll it back and go for it again next year

Easy?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote